Do Laser Vomit Builds Run Tcs?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Grammer Pollice

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

Basically the title, is it worth it to run a targeting computer for laser vomit? If so, is it normally just a TC1 to fill a slo/ton, or do you go larger?

Asking for a Supernova particularly, but curious about other builds too.

Thanks.

#2 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:27 AM

Usually I don't purposely put TC in a build unless if its a PPC build. For Laser Vomit you might be better off with the extra DHS.

#3 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:54 AM

Genneraly speaking it not worth it, you rather have extra heatsink since clan laser vomit are super hot mechs. Tc mostly used in laser if you have 1 ton left but only 1 free slot left like EBJ-A.
That being said trading tc1 over extra heatsink is acceptable if you really want 4% extra range.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

I like a TC1 or TC2 but sometimes an extra CDHS is more useful.

#5 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

It depends on what i want to get. On slower mechs that can afford the tonnage its oftentimes a good idea just to get that 4% range boost (i run it on my 78 alfa mad2c, and my madcat2 with gauss vomit). That said, 90% of the time if you do laser vomit heat is the utmost priority, so adding but 1 more DHS is often more beneficial unless it comes down to a slot limit where you have 1 ton left and 1 slot left (in which case either 1 ton of gauss ammo or a TC-1).

That said, if you have ANY ERLLs on your mech (such as some hybrid mid range/sniper builds with 2ERLL+3-6ERML), you really outta bring the TC-1 since the ERLLs have such crazy range that that little bit oif extra range translates to a much easier time dealing damage past optimal.

#6 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:37 PM

Never more than TC1, and that only because certain builds run out of crits before tonnage, are fast enough already, and couldn't shoehorn another DHS in anyway. Otherwise, more DHS or a larger engine.

So, basically, it's filler. Useful filler, but filler all the same.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 05 February 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

Genneraly speaking it not worth it, you rather have extra heatsink since clan laser vomit are super hot mechs. Tc mostly used in laser if you have 1 ton left but only 1 free slot left like EBJ-A.
That being said trading tc1 over extra heatsink is acceptable if you really want 4% extra range.

Right now to complete against a WHM with range quirks, you need a TC1 to give that extra range.

Doesn't sound like a lot but always winning trades is the aim of the game with laser vom.

I have a TC1 on almost all my laser builds at a minimum. If ERL usually TC3-4+

#8 Grammer Pollice

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the responses guys!

#9 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

And it is just not range. A TC has other pluses.

And sometimes you have one slot and one ton left over so...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users