132 replies to this topic

#121 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostWater Bear, on 07 February 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

A tiny percentage of people dies to a lightning strike each year. Do you think we should devote much of our time to discussing this pressing issue?

I wasn't talking about head shots as the issue. That's the tangent from the issue.

#122 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 February 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

People who have no idea what they are talking about say that sure, but that doesn't make them right. You think that because a couple people on the forums can't figure out how to play the Dire that suddenly I should just listen to them? Why? What makes their opinion more valid than mine? Certainly not their in-game stats.

The Dire IS viable now, because it can produce a 94 damage alpha at range and be heat efficient enough, but if you get what you want and murder large, one-shot kill capable alphas, then it will be garbage.

but but my 109 alpha works so well !!lol. I would like the dire to have better hitboxes but that would require a rework of the model to not look like a copy of a warhawk...

#123 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 07 February 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

I wasn't talking about head shots as the issue. That's the tangent from the issue.

That's my point. If everyone has said everything they have to say about the actual issue, let us not digress into tiny details, tangential to the issue. Let us start new threads about more interesting topics.

#124 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

View PostWater Bear, on 07 February 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

That's my point. If everyone has said everything they have to say about the actual issue, let us not digress into tiny details, tangential to the issue. Let us start new threads about more interesting topics.

No one is forcing you to be here. Go start your own topic.

#125 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

View PostYosharian, on 05 February 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Are there any videos of people reliably hitting headshots with dual HGR?

The way you describe it it seems as if it's the sort of thing a good pilot can achieve every match, minimum.

I'd just like to see the evidence, that's all

Not recording anymore, but headshots are quite regular for anybody who can aim. Look at my signature.....
I am not even good at it.

View PostYosharian, on 06 February 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

So we have one random lucky headshot and some unnamed videos that apparently prove it

I'm not convinced

a YouTube search of 'MWO Heavy Gauss Headshot' yields ONE video that has a single headshot clip in it, from 6 months ago

I don't watch Twitch so I have no idea where to look for Twitch videos

meh here is my playlist.....

Immagine i had HGR on that shorter range shots - no followup lasers needed.

View PostNovember11th, on 05 February 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

^This.

Also. I enjoyed mech assaults charge mechanic way too much xD.

I played when the charge up ws removed.... to easy to get headshots with that bullet speed.... keep the charge mechanic

Edited by Cara Carcass, 22 February 2018 - 07:57 AM.

#126 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Tbh, I'd wait for the Fafnir before looking at HGR balance.

#127 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

we can all use anecdotes to show whatever we want. based on that headshots are stunningly uncommon, stunningly. i have died about 6 times from headshots in the whole time ive played and im at 4600 matches. I imagine most people would be similiar. headshotting is so rare i make a note of it any time it happens. 4600 to 6.

How many times have people been headshot? or how many headshots have people got vs the amount of time they have played? im guessing for 90% of the player base its going to be less than 2% of their deaths

#128 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

View PostVitriolicViolet, on 22 February 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

we can all use anecdotes to show whatever we want. based on that headshots are stunningly uncommon, stunningly. i have died about 6 times from headshots in the whole time ive played and im at 4600 matches. I imagine most people would be similiar. headshotting is so rare i make a note of it any time it happens. 4600 to 6.

How many times have people been headshot? or how many headshots have people got vs the amount of time they have played? im guessing for 90% of the player base its going to be less than 2% of their deaths

Well i am telling you that i am not good at it it and yet i got the 1k headshot achivement. The days where ther were no charge mechanic on thet est servers and the head armor was still at 33 max. - i had several games with 3 headshots - something i never got in games with the charge mechanic. Currently i am on place 1085 on the jarls list. For a lot of people above me a removed charge mechanic for heavy gauss would mean a LOT of headshots. I have gotten headshoted 16 times in the last 2 weeks - happens about once an evening when i played for about 3-4 hours. And i am normally moving around.

16/97 death by headshots in he last 2 weeks is about 16.5%.

#129 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

Having just finished a game with two Annis, Two Cyclops, and two Fafnirs each mounting Dual Heavy Gauss where they deleted each of our assaults in a single volley. They went through the side torso of my MAD-IIC-SC and destroyed my CT with max survival tree, so even torso twisting didn't help. Even our two Anni's were taken out in single volleys. A single Daul Heavy Gauss on a team is fine but when all the assaults are carrying them it starts becoming too much. Even with there draw backs, the spreadable pin point damage is too much. They shouldn't be able to fire at the same time.

#130 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

why did you get that close? how were annis and fafnirs not focused down before they exposed their low mounted weapons?

#131 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

They should just remove Ghost Heat, and put in the Heat Values they represent.

#132 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 18 July 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

why did you get that close? how were annis and fafnirs not focused down before they exposed their low mounted weapons?

It was Canyon network, I just peeked over the crown of the peak in the center of the map and all of them were at the top of the ramp. I twisted and tried to drop back down but didn't matter, they bored right though my side torso and and blew out my CT. The Optimum Range of the HGR is 220m which isn't that close. They were aggressive, stayed close to each other in an HGR murder ball vaporizing any med, heavy, or assault mech they encountered. Don't get me wrong they were focusing targets, and moving well but I watched an Annihilator on our team go from no damage to the center torso to being instantly destroyed through the CT and the pilot had no time to twist or evade, and barely got a burst off from his UAC's. Even the faster Medium mechs at 400 to 500m out would get focused and just melt. Only the fast lights and a hvy LRM boat were not instantly destroyed but with only three mechs there wasn't much they could do.

#133 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

So you're saying that if 6 assaults focus all their guns on a singe enemy, it dies nearly instantly. Who knew?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users