34 replies to this topic

#21 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:12 PM

I run my stalker a little differently to you guys.

STK-3FB-GHOSTBUSTER

Stagger the ERLL to poke.
ERML for backup/in a pinch.
ROCKET-LAWN-CHAIRS for when you catch the enemy off guard

#22 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 06 March 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I run my stalker a little differently to you guys.

STK-3FB-GHOSTBUSTER

Stagger the ERLL to poke.
ERML for backup/in a pinch.
ROCKET-LAWN-CHAIRS for when you catch the enemy off guard

Not bad just different.

#23 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 06 March 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Not bad just different.

Just realised that build was wrong, one of the left arm dubs should be another RL20... Corrected

#24 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 07 March 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Just realised that build was wrong, one of the left arm dubs should be another RL20... Corrected

This Mech is kinda slow and has no AMS.

#25 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 07 March 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

#26 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 07 March 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

1. It's a Stalker. Max engine rating for the chassis is 310 .
2. Leave AMS to mechs that can boat it.

#27 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:03 AM

View PostHorseman, on 08 March 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

1. It's a Stalker. Max engine rating for the chassis is 310 .
2. Leave AMS to mechs that can boat it.

Yea...exactly...since all partys agree on this...search the error in this thread *coughoutdatedslowoldmechcough* Posted Image

Jokes aside: The biggest problems of the Stalkers are and always have been its large vulnerable sidearcs in combination with bad torso mobility and low speed.
Since the Stalker has no ballistic hardpoints (hero doesn't count) it also has a massive heatproblem when you try to do the only sensible thing with its frontal profile and weapons placement...high alpha energy poking and hillhumping.

#28 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:22 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 March 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

Yea...exactly...since all partys agree on this...search the error in this thread *coughoutdatedslowoldmechcough* Posted Image

Jokes aside: The biggest problems of the Stalkers are and always have been its large vulnerable sidearcs in combination with bad torso mobility and low speed.
Since the Stalker has no ballistic hardpoints (hero doesn't count) it also has a massive heatproblem when you try to do the only sensible thing with its frontal profile and weapons placement...high alpha energy poking and hillhumping.

I do like Stalkers. Since I play QP with PUGs I use AMS as I am on my own. Since IS received TVs ERMLs seem to work better for me than ERPPCs.

#29 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 09 March 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

I do like Stalkers. Since I play QP with PUGs I use AMS as I am on my own. Since IS received TVs ERMLs seem to work better for me than ERPPCs.

Well to everyone his or her very own brand of funeral I'm just saying that there is little else than the basic energy boat build that can be done effectively with a stalker in an environment outside of t3-t5

#30 PyroElf

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

My SK-M is my favorite mech, but I am often switching it up. I have one round on this particular build thus far, and while it is probably a fluke it shows more promise than my last few iterations.
-XL-310
-5x LRPLs
-Endo-steel

1st round:
6 kills
3 kill assists
3 solo kills
5 kmdd
1170 dmg
15 comp destroyed

2, maybe 3 of the kmdds were other assaults

So laser boat might work with it?

#31 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

All my IS tech is mothballed for now as I acquire, optimize and utilize newer Clan Tech. I am almost through my probationary period with Clan Nova Cat if I leave them I would probably return to Jade Falcon or Wolf. I want to rise to the sixth to eighth rank in all Clans before settling on one.

#32 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

I kinda like these, I got two of them. 4 large pulse has been most reliable build I have, firing it pairs, LFE 300 or 310 as engine and as much double heatsinks as it can take.
It has decent heat efficiency and can extend that range to far poking(about 600m) in initial gameplay. It's also fun to goof around with 4 heavy PPCs, but that sucks in later game when it can't stand up againts enemies charging in.
In FP I've tried 4 ERL but I was not highly impressed, and it doesn't have enough tonnage or slots to take other weapons along with ERL.

Kinda anything using the high mounts works pretty okay as long as you have decent heat efficiency.

#33 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 31 March 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

I kinda like these, I got two of them. 4 large pulse has been most reliable build I have, firing it pairs,

Warhawk is a killer with 4 LPLs + 1 medium. Just saying.

#34 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:14 AM

I've been having some fun with this mech in Faction Play on some smaller, colder maps, like HPG or Frozen City, using a 6 LL configuration. You can get 20 DHS in there with it, which keeps it cold enough on a cold map. Build is like this: https://mwo.smurfy-n...33596293c2df387

#35 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostFrank D Tank, on 14 February 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

I picked up the 3FB. It was the first mech I bought actually. When I first started playing the 3F(C) was a trail mech and it did pretty well. I liked it, so I figured I would get a Stalker as my first chassis. So I picked up the 3FB because it has ECM instead of the 3F.

I have to say I have not been disappointed. I run it as an ERML + ALRM30 loadout, which is ironic because as I have played the game more I have pretty much stopped using LRMs. This is my only mech that has them in the load out.

Here is the build I use: STK-3FB

I have also tried it with two less DHS and BAP, but didn't like it as much. The heat efficiency for the way I play it is really important. I am using self tagging at less than 600m, and working in the 5ERML into that mix.

This is my go to mech for events as it racks up damage, so you get a lot of Kills, Kills Most Damage, Component Destruction, etc. It racks up the CBills and crushes the goals for most events very quickly.

It is also quite tanky as well. Skill wise I invested in weapons systems, survivability, and sensors.

When pugging it is even more effective. It is crazy how when people in a pug see a stalker they immediately walk towards it and try to kill it. It is also amazing how after 1-2 shots with my 5ERMLs they start to run, which keeps them at optimum LRM range. Against better players you will need to maneuver and be more careful because you really want that enemy mech to stay between 200-600M so you can pepper them. Good players will continue to close that ground. When that happens twist and ERML them to death. Hopefully you have not wandered off on your own and still have the support of your team.

I am actually surprised this mech does not get more attention on the forums. Then again I am not an elite player by any means.

Every word approved.

Install energy weapons first (above launchers, in mechlab) - science.
When under fire from an enemy directly in front or above you, put your nose down - science.
Max destruction power for LRMs is at 540m range, not talking raw damage here - science.
Fire LRMs, shoot lasers, fire LRMs on an enemy in a line of sight - science.
More LRMs destruction power if You are at least 20 m above Your enemy - science.

No if, but, or, else...

TAG must be in a left torso, need laser arms for pesky lights.
TAG in one weapons group, lasers alpha shoot and TAG to the other.
Engine 300 STD - anything lower and they will catch You
Use skill tree to tank damage. I can face-tank Atlas (if I have to).

Slightly altered build, armour distribution confidential.

STK-3FB

View PostEisenhorne, on 29 May 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

I've been having some fun with this mech in Faction Play on some smaller, colder maps, like HPG or Frozen City, using a 6 LL configuration. You can get 20 DHS in there with it, which keeps it cold enough on a cold map. Build is like this: https://mwo.smurfy-n...33596293c2df387

Approved. I've seen a killer with 6 LL, my jaw dropped.

Edited by ExoForce, 29 May 2018 - 08:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users