6 replies to this topic

#1 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

hey PGI.

this is the current view from the Dire Wolf cockpit.

Posted Image

as you can see. the placement of the standing items is half out of screen,
and this defeats the purpose of having the standing item given that we can barely see it.

A simple and effective solution would be to move the placement up just a tad bit as shown

Posted Image

so that the standing item sits here now in the centralized view, fully visible:

Posted Image

#2 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

You are right about standing items. PGI should listen.

#3 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:36 AM

come on PGI.

you really couldnt spend just a bit of effort to correct this for the upcoming patch???

#4 raidarr

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:15 AM

Simple and beneficial, +1 for attention.

Who knows, maybe they did it in the first place out of concern for limited window space.

Edited by Lentulus Batiatus, 17 February 2018 - 08:16 AM.

#5 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

View PostLentulus Batiatus, on 17 February 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

Simple and beneficial, +1 for attention.

Who knows, maybe they did it in the first place out of concern for limited window space.

Maybe, but then why give us cockpit items, if we're never going to see it? Though if you adjust your POV in options you can see the inside of the cockpit better, but it also further limits your Field of View causing you to zoom in more often.

#6 raidarr

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

View PostNyte Kitsune, on 17 February 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Maybe, but then why give us cockpit items, if we're never going to see it? Though if you adjust your POV in options you can see the inside of the cockpit better, but it also further limits your Field of View causing you to zoom in more often.

May have been a matter of "yes, we know, but they see a corner of it!... and still have visibility"

Just devils advocate, as I think the proposed change is more than reasonable. No solid reason in my mind to go the route that I mention above ^ as I personally never even use the little left side window in the times I'm on that chassis.

#7 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:53 AM

Hello, Everyone...

Not to be callous, but please try your FOV @ 80 on your Mech before pushing this at PGI. It seems to be about the right setting to get the Full Field Of View on both the Dire Wolf & Atlas. Further, I think you'll cease to have issues with the Cockpit Items being properly visible. I think PGI was trying to avoid blockage of the forward windows with where they put the Standing Cockpit Items. For reference, I use every window I can possibly see through when piloting. Heck, I bet you they did that particularly to help VR users (which I'm not one of... however, let's also try to not be mean to them, alright?) not have issues with viewing things while in their Mechs. ;)

As this currently stands, I'm sorry, but I do NOT feel that I should be supporting this idea. Now on the other hand, if you wanted to get PGI to provide a positioning system for Cockpit Items, that would be something which I could give support to. Think along the lines of being kind of like what they're doing with Decals, but tastefully set up for Mech Cockpits. PGI could provide areas for selecting single items of each category (Standing/Hanging/Mounted), and enable the Pilot to position them as they wished within those limits. But hey, I guess that's something for a fresh thread, right? :o

~D. V. "Let's not run some people's karma over with other people's dogma, okay?" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Bad Emote Choice.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 February 2018 - 02:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users