Opinions On A Tanky Clan Assault

3 replies to this topic

#1 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

What is your guys opinions on the clan assaults...

Which is the most tanky? Trying to get one that fits my play style and glass cannon is far from it.

I have used a Direwolf, Warhawk, Marauder IIC, and Mad Cat II. Warhawk and Marauder do fairly well but I am wondering about the others. Highlander II, Gargoyle, Exe...etc

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

For the most part Clan assaults aren't tanky at all. Marauder IIC is considered to be the tankiest due to its hitboxes. Highlander has bad hitboxes but armor quirks to make up for it so its about the same, Executioner I used a lot, if almost all the firepower wasn't arm mounted it could almost be sorta tanky.

Gargoyle did recently get buffed to have some big armor/structure quirks on it, and its also fast like a heavy mech, though once again most of its firepower is arm mounted, though it got a few torso mounts recently. Gargoyle is also terrible on weapons it can carry since it has a huge engine and no endo steel upgrade available.

Supernova has sorta decent hitboxes and a few structure quirks on some variants, its not much, but its something I guess.

Basically Clan has absolutely no competitive assault mech when it comes to tanking compared to IS. Victors, IS Highlanders, Annihilators, Atlases, King Crabs, Cyclops, they just blow them away. You're pretty boxed into using either agility or high alpha damage with Clans, IS has the tanking DPS role on lockdown.

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

View PostGrimhorn, on 07 February 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

What is your guys opinions on the clan assaults...

Which is the most tanky? Trying to get one that fits my play style and glass cannon is far from it.

I have used a Direwolf, Warhawk, Marauder IIC, and Mad Cat II. Warhawk and Marauder do fairly well but I am wondering about the others. Highlander II, Gargoyle, Exe...etc

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 07 February 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

For the most part Clan assaults aren't tanky at all. Marauder IIC is considered to be the tankiest due to its hitboxes. Highlander has bad hitboxes but armor quirks to make up for it so its about the same, Executioner I used a lot, if almost all the firepower wasn't arm mounted it could almost be sorta tanky.

Gargoyle did recently get buffed to have some big armor/structure quirks on it, and its also fast like a heavy mech, though once again most of its firepower is arm mounted, though it got a few torso mounts recently. Gargoyle is also terrible on weapons it can carry since it has a huge engine and no endo steel upgrade available.

Supernova has sorta decent hitboxes and a few structure quirks on some variants, its not much, but its something I guess.

Basically Clan has absolutely no competitive assault mech when it comes to tanking compared to IS. Victors, IS Highlanders, Annihilators, Atlases, King Crabs, Cyclops, they just blow them away. You're pretty boxed into using either agility or high alpha damage with Clans, IS has the tanking DPS role on lockdown.

The Highlander llC is a good Clan choice. I didn't spend enough time with them before I quit using them. That is about to cease as I acquired the Keeper Hero Clan Mech yesterday. Good luck to you no matter your choice.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 07 February 2018 - 04:57 PM.

#4 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 07 February 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

Great I am not good with Alpha striking...guess I need to adapt and learn. I have some extra cash...might try highlander and garg. Being a Warhawk pilot I totally get the arm issues =(

Thanks for opinions so far

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users