WHOA

#23 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

View PostEdward Scissorhands, on 09 February 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

sometimes I think pgi is allergic to money. from a business standpoint, wait times like this should be unacceptable... there are a lot of things that could be done differently but are not.. its that simple.. my vote is now with my dollars.

It's very much a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" problem for them, since some will complain either way. If they put in a simultaneous Quick Play challenge at the same time as a Faction Play challenge, there are complaints of being "forced" to play Faction Play(especially true as in the case of the 'Mech they gave away around Christmas). If they put in a Quick Play challenge with no Faction Play counterpart, there are complaints that they are "killing Faction Play"(see the original post in this thread, basically).

#24 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 09 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

It seems to be even longer if you pug drop. Posted Image

It usually is a lot longer is you pug drop, bcause although people keep up the mantra that there is no matchmaker, there is. And surprise; its main and only focus is trying to match groups against groups (although its not working as well as it should..Posted Image) ..

When you queue up as a group, you go next in line for next drop, and the bigger your group is, the faster you get a match. Pugs are shoved on the side and served as a filler as needed in the order they queued up. As a result you may be the sorry *** pug that gets shoved to the side several times while waiting for a match if there are a lot of big groups queuing up.

#25 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

Group up in Cobra teamspeak..Drop together...Give BCMC hell Posted Image. Nobody minds if ya'll use it. Don't drop solo if you can.

#26 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

View PostSsamout, on 15 February 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

When you queue up as a group, you go next in line for next drop, and the bigger your group is, the faster you get a match. Pugs are shoved on the side and served as a filler as needed in the order they queued up. As a result you may be the sorry *** pug that gets shoved to the side several times while waiting for a match if there are a lot of big groups queuing up.

Neg. With low population twelve mechwarriors grouped up will get the match faster cuz they're already twelve, whilst the individual mechwarriors are still trying to get a group, but if the queue is already filled with twelve waiting then the full group will hafta wait in line.

Most folk just prefer to pre group because they know they wont hafta wait for a twelfth, and cuz they don't wanna gamble on the pug lotto.

~Leone.

#27 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostLeone, on 15 February 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Neg. With low population twelve mechwarriors grouped up will get the match faster cuz they're already twelve, whilst the individual mechwarriors are still trying to get a group, but if the queue is already filled with twelve waiting then the full group will hafta wait in line.

Most folk just prefer to pre group because they know they wont hafta wait for a twelfth, and cuz they don't wanna gamble on the pug lotto.

~Leone.

Neg. There is only one spot in the lobby. When the twelve is full then they are set in that lobby group or pug, and the next are waiting. If there are 5 pugs waiting and a 8 man group queues up, next set team in the lobby is that group and one sorry *** pug is left out. Then a 12 man queues up, and that same sorry *** pug is still left waiting.

#28 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

And surprise; its main and only focus is trying to match groups against groups

What you said was right till here, which I think Leone is trying to point out.

It will simply match whoever lobby vs lobby that pairs.

You are correct in that it gives priority to larger groups, but it is not "waiting" for a group on the other side. Just whoever is in the queue on that side, larger group takes priority.

Hence you can have a 12 man match against the same bunch of PUGs game after game because the 12-man requeues after match as the PUGs. The other side doesn't have a group and the MM doesn't "wait" for one to appear - It just fills 12 slots as fast as it can. Fastest way is with a larger group... If no group, anyone gets slapped in.

#29 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 February 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

What you said was right till here, which I think Leone is trying to point out.

It will simply match whoever lobby vs lobby that pairs.

You are correct in that it gives priority to larger groups, but it is not "waiting" for a group on the other side. Just whoever is in the queue on that side, larger group takes priority.

Hence you can have a 12 man match against the same bunch of PUGs game after game because the 12-man requeues after match as the PUGs. The other side doesn't have a group and the MM doesn't "wait" for one to appear - It just fills 12 slots as fast as it can. Fastest way is with a larger group... If no group, anyone gets slapped in.

Yeah, so it does. I was kinda trying to make fun of the bad system, as I have been "that sorry *** pug left waiting" so many times, but joking on a third language doesnt always work out the way you would like.

#30 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

lol yeh I get what you mean man, I think Leone missed it is all but everyone gets it with my super dumbed version :D

Conversing with many Russians/Latvians and similar has made my understanding of ESL much better

#31 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

View PostLeone, on 15 February 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Neg. With low population twelve mechwarriors grouped up will get the match faster cuz they're already twelve

Or faster ghost drops because the other 12 players waiting for a drop are on the same side as you.
But ... whatever.

#32 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

It usually is a lot longer is you pug drop, bcause although people keep up the mantra that there is no matchmaker, there is. And surprise; its main and only focus is trying to match groups against groups (although its not working as well as it should..Posted Image) ..

You got it wrong mate!!
The infernal MM in CW works the other way around, always trying to match pugs against groups!
Proof: I drop 5 times alone and almost always see a group on the other side, as soon as we make a little group ourselves we get nothing but pugs! Every night!

<3

#33 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

You would think that PGI knows better than to dump more events for QP. QP has enough players already, it is FP that needs the players. There's no bloody need to further give incentives to potato play. Give me more events for FP ffs, the last one we had was probably Tharkad if I remember correctly and that was almost 3 months ago?

Edited by Yondu the Ravager, 20 February 2018 - 09:44 PM.

#34 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

View PostiLLcapitan, on 20 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

You got it wrong mate!!
The infernal MM in CW works the other way around, always trying to match pugs against groups!
Proof: I drop 5 times alone and almost always see a group on the other side, as soon as we make a little group ourselves we get nothing but pugs! Every night!

<3

Hmm, perhaps the time it takes you to setup a group yourself simply shifts you to another drop cycle (30min per round). So while you create a new group the opponent premade has already dropped and now you won't meet them again as long as there are enough players in the queue and you both nearly spend the same time per round.

It is more an indicator how few big premades are dropping in FP at the moment.

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 21 February 2018 - 03:46 AM.

#35 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:29 AM

was more of a joke! it just happens so often that one becomes conspiracy minded.

lately drops have been good, we hardly get more than 4 together so that helps.

#36 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostiLLcapitan, on 20 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

You got it wrong mate!!

&lt;3

Haha, I hear you. But u know, a little bit of paranoia n salt keep a mechwarrior healthy. Watch ur back and keep that alpha ready mate!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users