The Great Gauss/ppc Poll

145 replies to this topic

Poll: PPCGauss Question (595 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want GaussPPC to be viable again? This means that EITHER 3x PPC alphas OR 2x Gauss + 2x PPC alphas will be possible again.

1. Yes. I want Gauss/PPC. (322 votes [54.12%])

Percentage of vote: 54.12%

2. No. I do not want Gauss/PPC back. (251 votes [42.18%])

Percentage of vote: 42.18%

3. Abstain. (22 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

PPC/Gauss adds dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl.

#142 Evil Elmo

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

I was around for poptart meta. It was horrible.

View PostKubernetes, on 18 February 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

I’m laughing at the people who think gauss/ERPPC is too easy and low skill. If that’s the case, what weapons are actually hard to use?

Hitting moving targets at range with projectile weapons is the hardest weapon-handling skill in the game. That’s considerably more difficult than holding a hitscan laser directly on target or launching missiles after target lock.

That's a straw man. It's not that gauss/PPC is low skill in general, it's that gauss/PPC suddenly becomes low skill when you're running around 2 shotting people because of insane pinpoint alpha. You must not have been around when sniping weapons were infinitely better for brawling than actual brawling weapons. If you think laser vomit is bad, too many gauss/PPC is basically laser vomit times ten. One of the main reasons I quit the game was that I like brawling and it was getting basically impossible to play anything but pinpoint alpha poptarts. Lights were mostly immune to that so I was forced to spend 95% of my time in a jenner, which isn't even a viable mech anymore.

Edited by Plaid Ninja, 12 March 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#143 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

This poll was executed very poorly and/or in a rush.

While I would be perfectly OK with a volley of 3 PPC/Gauss,
I think a volley of 4 PPC/Gauss is to much.

To bad things got mixed up here because I really think, since PPC/Gauss share ghost heat the limit should be upped to 3.

#144 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:48 AM

View PostPlaid Ninja, on 12 March 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

It's not that gauss/PPC is low skill in general, it's that gauss/PPC suddenly becomes low skill when you're running around 2 shotting people because of insane pinpoint alpha.

This doesn't make sense to me. Can you elaborate?

- Specifically you concede that GPPC isn't low skill, but becomes low-skill because someone can 2-shot someone else ...?

View PostPlaid Ninja, on 12 March 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

You must not have been around when sniping weapons were infinitely better for brawling than actual brawling weapons. If you think laser vomit is bad, too many gauss/PPC is basically laser vomit times ten.

Laservomit isn't really a "brawling" build, with the possible exception of MPL boats. I personally find that the GPPC combo isn't very effective against more traditional brawling loadouts, due to the low DPS.

#145 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

View Postr4zen, on 12 March 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Laservomit isn't really a "brawling" build, with the possible exception of MPL boats. I personally find that the GPPC combo isn't very effective against more traditional brawling loadouts, due to the low DPS.

Right, what makes GPPC annoying for many is that it is hard to counter... but this is only true when the terrain is conducive to poptarting or your team is *can't brawl. Give GPPC mechs all the time in the world to cooldown/cool off and they will wittle you down from cover. Eliminate cover (read brawl) and it's much less effective.

#146 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:05 PM

im def for this.:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users