47 replies to this topic

#41 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 12 February 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

I think from the side it looks good but then when it looks right at you, yes, it's exactly as you've described. Also when you go into third person and look at it's arm/shoulder joints... disgusting.

Like look at this, cmon.
Posted Image

:/ well then. Need a chiropractor stat.

#42 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

Best-looking?

Phoenix Hawk, Rifleman, Hunchback, Hunchback IIC, Archer, Panther, King Crab, Crab, Griffin, Urbanmech, Centurion. All of the above blow any previous interpretations out of the water. I would not be able to narrow down a single favorite, because they're all frelling gorgeous. I also like PGI's take on the Zeus, Adder, and Hellspawn, and the head of the loyalty Atlas is to die for. I like the Uziel, too, but it needs to ride lower to the ground; it just looked better in MW4. The Cougar is also what I'd call pretty but flawed; the arms are too stubby.

Worst-looking?

Night Gyr, Ice Ferret, Arctic Cheetah, Shadow Cat. I don't know how the SHcat came out so hideous, but it did. The nose is too narrow and the arms are too blocky.

#43 Orville Righteous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 127 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

Best: Ebon Jaguar
I just love the fighter plane look. A great example of PGI making the mech look better than the technical readout picture.

Worst: Cataphract
It's look matches the lore and everything, but god it's ugly and poorly designed for a game where the height of weapon mounts matter.

#44 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

I'd vote the Jester (pre-resize) for the best looking mech.

Then the Jester (post-resize) + the entire Commando line (because for some reason they all have a bald monk head) for the worst looking mechs in a tie.

They totally borked up the Jester's camo pattern.

#45 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:22 AM

Ice Ferret has to be one of the ugliest things in this game.. I mean people don't call it a fridge for no reason... Its like the Micheal Jackson of mechs imo..

#46 PurplePuke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:41 AM

I think the Wolfhound is a great looking mech.

The Thanatos is one of the ugliest. It looks like something two nine-year-olds made out of cardboard boxes or something.

#47 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 12 February 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

I think from the side it looks good but then when it looks right at you, yes, it's exactly as you've described. Also when you go into third person and look at it's arm/shoulder joints... disgusting.

Like look at this, cmon.
Posted Image

Yeah, but have you seen the source material? Probably the most improved mech!

I love the simple look of the Cyclops.

Ugliest are the Gargoyle or Executioner. Yuck.

#48 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostLentulus Batiatus, on 12 February 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

I'm still shocked how butt ugly my favorite IS mech from MW4, the Uziel, managed to turn out in this game.

omg dont hate the uziel. My favorit mech right now.

Kinda reminds me of those medium sized smaller walkers in star wars. Dunno the name. The ones that were used in the assault on the little moon in Return of The Jedi when they tried to destroy the shield generator protecting the Death Star that was being repaired. Were also present in 'The Last Jedi'.

You know the ones i mean.

Uziel kinda reminds me of them. Look a little funny when the uziel stumbles around, but I like it hehe. Cute little ******.

Edited by oneda, 15 February 2018 - 10:06 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users