What Do I Need?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

I have not played FP in about 1.5-2 years. When I was playing I was a Clanner, but I have reaquired alot of IS Mechs I sold to finance Clan Tech. I have Catapults,Cataphracts,a Black Widow Warhammer Hero, an Orion Protector, a Cicada and a Black Jack that were given to me by PGI for loyalty.

I know those two mediums need to be outfitted and skilled, other than that what do need? What don't I know.

Please let me know. I appreciate your candid answers. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 12 February 2018 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Basically need to just build a deck fitting 265 tonnes that fits your playstyles. But I do recommend 1-2 laser vomit mechs for some sustainability. Thunderbolts or whm could fit that role pretty decently

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

View PostBohxim, on 12 February 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Basically need to just build a deck fitting 265 tonnes that fits your playstyles. But I do recommend 1-2 laser vomit mechs for some sustainability. Thunderbolts or whm could fit that role pretty decently

I have a T-Bolt Top Dog, and some Stalkers. I bought the Mastery Bundles for the T-Bolts,Cataphracts,Catapults,Stalkers, plus I own a Black Widow Warhammer and the Catapult Butter Bee. All the Hero Mechs are kitted out and Skilled. Need to kit out and skill,that Cicada,Centurion,and Black Jack loyalty mechs.

265, I think we were at 300 when I quit.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 12 February 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

I have not played FP in about 1.5-2 years. When I was playing I was a Clanner, but I have reaquired alot of IS Mechs I sold to finance Clan Tech. I have Catapults,Cataphracts,a Black Widow Warhammer Hero, an Orion Protector, a Cicada and a Black Jack that were given to me by PGI for loyalty.

I know those two mediums need to be outfitted and skilled, other than that what do need? What don't I know.

Please let me know. I appreciate your candid answers. Thanks in advance.

https://mwomercs.com...-play-training/

To read it is what you need. Mechs don't matter as long as the builds on them are decent. Builds is where most go wrong, a bunch of us have spent hours on the thread.

#5 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:32 AM

Mainly things not to do is take slow mechs so anything under 60KPH is a no go, preferably 65KPH on the heavies and assaults.
Mobility is key so don't be a turret. :P

#6 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 13 February 2018 - 04:32 AM, said:

Mainly things not to do is take slow mechs so anything under 60KPH is a no go, preferably 65KPH on the heavies and assaults.
Mobility is key so don't be a turret. Posted Image

i would actually argue that, whith the exception of assaults that are just built to be big (like annihilator, or cyclops-s, you know, things with hgauss) then you should be aiming for 70 at minimum, 80 if you can.

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 12 February 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

To read it is what you need. Mechs don't matter as long as the builds on them are decent. Builds is where most go wrong, a bunch of us have spent hours on the thread.

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 13 February 2018 - 04:32 AM, said:

Mobility is key so don't be a turret. :P

View Postnaterist, on 13 February 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

i would actually argue that, whith the exception of assaults that are just built to be big (like annihilator, or cyclops-s, you know, things with hgauss) then you should be aiming for 70 at minimum, 80 if you can.

Thanks to you all just call me ASH I may take you up on that offer. I need to get my ducks in a row 1st.

#8 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 12 February 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

And i didn't see a single post about the best sour cream, bacon, shredded cheddar, or chives in that... and frankly, good sir.. im offended.. Posted Image

all seriousness, really good place to start. *thumbs up*

#9 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostGrus, on 13 February 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

And i didn't see a single post about the best sour cream, bacon, shredded cheddar, or chives in that... and frankly, good sir.. im offended.. Posted Image

all seriousness, really good place to start. *thumbs up*

No food just shredded and melted metal. I'll talk mine reheated with Heavy PPCs thanks. Seriously great guide and I am far from reading it all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users