Jump to content

Clan Drop Deck Guide/list?


18 replies to this topic

#1 fenomeno

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:11 AM

So, I've been going through and updating a few of my clan mechs lately, trying various load-outs and skill trees, and I was wondering why I can't find a clan equivalent of the IS faction play drop deck guide (link below). Am I just missing an obvious thread somewhere, or does one not currently exist?

https://mwomercs.com...stguide-by-mpg/

(That thread also contains a link to a related Reddit discussion, which also has some good advice).

The Faction play training thread is an excellent resource for new players - huge props to A S H and Palfatreos et al for all the effort they are putting in! However, the thread is huge now, and it's maybe difficult for newer clan players to sift through it for some of the build advice (link below).

https://mwomercs.com...-play-training/

(I strongly recommend any curious clan players to read up on the HBR or EBJ builds hidden away on page 7)

Does anyone currently maintain a dedicated Clan drop deck guide, or even just a clan build guide? I know I've seen spreadsheets linked in TS servers previously, but there doesn't seem to be a centralised resource for clan players in the same way that the IS has.
Am I just missing an obvious thread somewhere, or does one not currently exist?

Edited by fenomeno, 14 February 2018 - 10:11 AM.


#2 C H E E K I E Z

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

its kinda hot, but this build will almost 1 shot mechs
Posted Image

#3 Throe

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

I do really well in both QP and FW with this lately:
SMN-D (2xHLL, 4xERML, TCII)
For skills, I take all of the following as priorities, with the only other skills included being prerequisites for these: All range, all cooldown, all laser duration, all armor, 4 coolrun, 4 target info gathering, 1 seismic, and 2 max coolshot + 1 airstrike. (38/26/0/0/13/7/7)

I run three of those, plus an Arctic Cheetah. The loadout and skill arrangement isn't terribly important on the ACH, it isn't often used.

Edited by Throe, 14 February 2018 - 11:16 AM.


#4 denAirwalkerrr

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 554 posts
  • LocationRecon mission in IS

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Work in progress but almost done.

#5 fenomeno

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 14 February 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:



Awesome stuff, thanks! I'll keep it bookmarked.

#6 Nothar

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 122 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

I recommend the one with the lasers <-- See what i did there.

#7 Exilyth

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,099 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

Is HBR/HBR/HBR/SHC w/mid range laser vomit still the recommended deck for beginners or did that change?

#8 Hazeclaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 14 February 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

its kinda hot, but this build will almost 1 shot mechs
Posted Image


that's like ghost heat cental, have to stagger fire the meds, but on cold maps you can actually alpha it, pretty scary

#9 fenomeno

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostExilyth, on 14 February 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

Is HBR/HBR/HBR/SHC w/mid range laser vomit still the recommended deck for beginners or did that change?


My recommended beginner / all-purpose clan deck currently is:

2x HBR-PRIME (2xHLL, 4xERML, ECM)
1x MCII-B (2xUAC5, 2xUAC10)
1x Piranha (whichever variant you prefer)

If you don't have a Piranha... I guess using 3 Hellbringers is a lot better than using any of the garbage 80/85 ton clan assaults.

Edited by fenomeno, 15 February 2018 - 10:31 AM.


#10 Marquis De Lafayette

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 963 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 14 February 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:



Really excellent list(s) here...now the question is will people who really need it actually pay attention to the advice/evaluations given? I would love to be hopeful....but.....

#11 denAirwalkerrr

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 554 posts
  • LocationRecon mission in IS

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:48 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 15 February 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

Really excellent list(s) here...now the question is will people who really need it actually pay attention to the advice/evaluations given? I would love to be hopeful....but.....

I don't care really I'll just post it around and won't be taking any advises on editing it since I already discussed it with fair amount of competent people.

#12 Marquis De Lafayette

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 963 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 15 February 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

I don't care really I'll just post it around and won't be taking any advises on editing it since I already discussed it with fair amount of competent people.


You certainly did your part...again...great work

#13 Kubernetes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

View Postfenomeno, on 15 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:


My recommended beginner / all-purpose clan deck currently is:

2x HBR-PRIME (2xHLL, 4xERML, ECM)
1x MCII-B (2xUAC5, 2xUAC10)
1x Piranha (whichever variant you prefer)

If you don't have a Piranha... I guess using 3 Hellbringers is a lot better than using any of the garbage 80/85 ton clan assaults.


You can bring a Marauder IIC and a Mist Lynx. Don't discount the Mad IIC -- it can comfortably carry 2 + 6 heavy vomit.

#14 Exilyth

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,099 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

mhh... 240t/4 = 60t - that would allow a 4x heavy deck

anyone tried a deck like that or is the tonnage loss on the first drop too big?

I guess the Mad Dog w/SRM would be the last drop on such a deck.

#15 Kubernetes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

It’s hard to do because no Clan 60-tonner can withstand a wave of Annihilators and Cyclopes. You’re counting on your team to carry you through waves 1-2 so you can clean up in 3-4.

#16 Exilyth

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,099 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

I picked up a stormcrow.

Had a look at this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...-the-stormcrow/

How up to date are the builds on metamechs?
http://metamechs.com...ides/stormcrow/

For scouting, should I go with a streakcrow or some other build?

How usefull is the 'crow in invasion matches?

According to Den's list, I should go w/2x ER-LL, 6x ER-ML on the crow.
I guess that build would put the ER-LLs in the STs.

#17 Spare Parts Bin

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 14 February 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

its kinda hot, but this build will almost 1 shot mechs
Posted Image

View PostHazeclaw, on 14 February 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:


that's like ghost heat cental, have to stagger fire the meds, but on cold maps you can actually alpha it, pretty scary


I am going to use that build. It looks hot but promising.

#18 JDNight

    Rookie

  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:41 AM

I use a MadCat II, a HBR-Prime, Streak Crow, and a KFX-GL. I have had great luck with the HBR and Stormcrow. The Mad Cat is typically used to absorb damage on the first wave and hopefully wreck somebody. I typically use the KFX on the 3rd wave (or to cap objectives) and the 'Crow on the 4th. It allows me to do some serious damage on the 4th wave.

The Kit Fox has 2 x SSRM6s and LPL. It allows me to play run, run, pokey shootey against heavier mechs, but it is still effective against other lights. I love it, but I can see why others might not.

The main thing about this deck is you have to like or at least tolerate the Kit Fox. If you do, this deck is both flexible and loads of fun.

Edited by JDNight, 19 March 2018 - 07:41 AM.


#19 Spare Parts Bin

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

View PostJDNight, on 19 March 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

I use a MadCat II, a HBR-Prime, Streak Crow, and a KFX-GL. I have had great luck with the HBR and Stormcrow. The Mad Cat is typically used to absorb damage on the first wave and hopefully wreck somebody. I typically use the KFX on the 3rd wave (or to cap objectives) and the 'Crow on the 4th. It allows me to do some serious damage on the 4th wave.

The Kit Fox has 2 x SSRM6s and LPL. It allows me to play run, run, pokey shootey against heavier mechs, but it is still effective against other lights. I love it, but I can see why others might not.

The main thing about this deck is you have to like or at least tolerate the Kit Fox. If you do, this deck is both flexible and loads of fun.


Used to be a pretty good KitFox pilot. Used LRMs and ERMLs.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users