What is MWO?

3 replies to this topic

#1 BahamutZero

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi! I'm new here, I just signed up today! So exciting. I've been playing MechWarrior games since I can remember. I was absolutely in love with the MechCommander franchise. But I've never been good enough to play competitively pvp in either. Really my question is. Is that all MWO is? A giant pvp slug fest? Or will there be a PvE element to the game? Is there phat lootz? I need me some ERPPCs? How customizable are the mechs? I don't mean to sound like a pessimist but from what I've read the game sounds very one dimensional. Please help me find more info I want so badly to love this game.

#2 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Please, venture out into the forums, go to the dev blogs, read the fan posts.. emerse yourself! then come back and ask questions after you have educated yourself n__n

otherwise, welcome to the fold and strap yourself in for a hell of a ride!

Edit: check here for lots of good fun info: http://mwomercs.com/...evelopers-blog/

Edited by Omigir, 17 January 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#3 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostBahamutZero, on 17 January 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Hi! I'm new here, I just signed up today! So exciting. I've been playing MechWarrior games since I can remember. I was absolutely in love with the MechCommander franchise. But I've never been good enough to play competitively pvp in either. Really my question is. Is that all MWO is? A giant pvp slug fest? Or will there be a PvE element to the game? Is there phat lootz? I need me some ERPPCs? How customizable are the mechs? I don't mean to sound like a pessimist but from what I've read the game sounds very one dimensional. Please help me find more info I want so badly to love this game.

This should be pinned as and example of what NOT to post when you first get on the board :)

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

"What is MWO?"

Seeing as the last Mechwarrior game was released quite awhile ago, it now means "Men Waiting Online"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users