Joining Marik

16 replies to this topic

#1 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hello! I'm a new player who can't seem to escape Tier 5...but if I ever do, I'd like to join your faction. What should I know in advance?

(Edit: also, do we know when the Jihad is scheduled? Because I really want to join Marik before that whole mess happens, even if it does give me a deadline.)

Edited by Cataphractos, 15 February 2018 - 06:52 PM.

#2 Dirt Devil1

• PipPipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCoquille, OR

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

First put in an application at housemarik.enjin.com. to join the FWLM. If you have teamspeak our home is housemarik.enjinvoice.com. Every Monday we have Monday Marik madness and on Fridays we have drops for Faction Play.
Most of the units there are casual. Come jin us if you would like.

#3 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

You don't have to worry about pilot tier it's more how much you've been dropping in quick play, sure the better you do the faster you tier up but it's seriously no biggy.
Also plenty of people in the teamspeak willing to give you pointers on how to play better or building your mechs.
And as a filthy recruiter that I am, if you're interested for Faction Warfare for House Marik, Midgard Incorporated is your best bet.
We can give you pointers to Mech building specific for Faction Warfare.

#4 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thanks! I think I need a little more practice, but we'll see what happens after this weekend.

#5 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

Hey you joined Marik woop. :P

#6 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

I did! And now I'm re-reading this thread, because QP at Tier 5 just ain't cuttin' it for me. Like...no matter what you do, or how well you do it, it's a coin-flip whether you win or lose. Maybe your team can stay together, and maybe they'll get spread out across 3 grid squares and everybody gets picked off one-by-one. Ugh.

Will your team's Atlas literally walk in a circle for three whole minutes? Will two different Marauders break off to chase after a Locust? Will your lance be ordered to focus fire on a Mist Lynx, and completely ignore the Mad Cat II coming around behind you? IT IS A MYSTERY

Edited by Cataphractos, 01 March 2018 - 05:12 PM.

#7 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

Yeah that shizzle goes on even in tier 1, your definitely not missing out.

#8 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

What kind of mechs do you have so far? Also, have you gotten on to the Teamspeak server yet?

#9 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

Someone gifted me an Ebon Jaguar that adds bonus C-Bills, so I'm usually in that. I've also got a Hunchback that I'm relatively happy with, and an Urbanmech that I bought because it seemed cheap and survivable. I was such a fool -- A FOOL I SAY!

#10 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:02 PM

Ok, so if you want to do Faction Warfare with Marik you will need to invest in IS heavies. I would suggest Warhammers, Grasshoppers, and Roughnecks.

What kind of Urbie? They can be very good with their armor quirks.

#11 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

Okay, so: should I sell off the Ebon Jaguar (a Clan mech) and use the money for an IS Heavy? I hate to sell gifts either in real-life or in a game. But if I wait to get enough C-Bills for a Heavy by playing Quick-Play, I'll be waiting through the rest of March.

#12 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

No, the Ebon is a good mech for QP. We will need to get you in QP drops to earn a bit more $

#13 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

Shoot. Um...I'm pretty upset and a little sad about this whole Solaris mess, and the way it shows PGI as being run. (Into the ground, as far as I can figure.) I think I'm going to have to leave the game for a while...at least until it's clear that Faction Play isn't being shut down permanently. From personal experience, I know that when drunk people promise something in "two to four weeks"...they won't be delivering in two to four weeks.

Sorry to disappoint you. If you have any other games to recommend, I'll try downloading them!

#14 Drugstore Cowboy

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

App submitted, looking for US unit for casual QP/FP

#15 Mr N8

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hello I use to be in VOTF a good while back looking to maybe get back into it , are there any active units left in FWLM anymore. The FWLM site looks a little dusty,lol.

#16 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:32 PM

Well I'm trying to get my unit back up and running after the faction play events. :P
If you want a faction play unit you could join mine MGD (Midgard Inc.) but if you're more into quick play all the others like 1FWG is more to your liking.

#17 Mr N8

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

Tks for the reply , im looking to get into faction for sure. I put my app in at FWLM. Tks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users