The Kdk-1 And The Kdk-2

7 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

Is there any reason to keep them? I never pay them and I cannot seem to find a really good build for them.

I know "never sell mechs" but really...

#2 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:22 AM

Go ahead and sell them if you want. If they get a significant buff in the future you can always re-buy them. I believe you keep all your XP progress even if you sell and buy again. Nothing really lost other than the depreciation cost.

#3 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:10 AM

I think you will actually lose your XP progress, as it is tied to individual mechs since the skill tree implementation.

#4 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:20 AM

The KDK-1 is still a good laser boat, the KDK-2 is very much seasoned to flavor. I usually put 2 ER-LL in the center torso for range and extra pow.

The Mad II-C and Mad Cat MKII are out preforming them at the moment but thats better than having two newer mechs that are under preforming.

#5 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

I actually had a decent amount of fun in my LB20X + 2x ATM12 KDK-1. It's not GOOD, but the mech is way too slow and ponderous to do the Laser Vomit then hide deal that the Clans are best at. I figured going for something a little different on it from the normal splat Assaults would be fun, and if you can keep folks in the sweet spot, you can put out a lot of hurt. But it NEEDS friendly support because it will get absolutely annihilated by faster mechs that underrun your ATMs.

#6 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:24 PM

If you need to hide in a Assault mech, something has gone very, very wrong.

Yes, the Kodiak is more of a support mech these days but it has one hell of a Alpha that will cripple most mechs before they can shoot back. If your pushing as a Death Ball, your ether opening up a enemy for your team or finishing a target.

If you want range, ER-LL and Gauss combo. ATMs and LRMs just trigger the 'must kill!' response for allot of players.

#7 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

You never use the ATMs past 500m. The mech I suggested is a short-to-mid-range fire support/sort-of-brawler. It's hard to brawl with garbage mobility, but it can put in a bunch of hurt in the sweet spot. And most fast mechs that will underrun you will regret getting hit with the LB20X.

The KDK is REALLY not a good chassis for sniping stuff. You simply cannot get into and out of sniping positions fast enough to make good trades. And with its general lack of durability and ginormous hitboxes, you want to put as much damage out as possible in as short a time as possible. That's why you want big ballistics and missiles on them, so you can be as scary as possible, rather than using its low arm and CT mounts to try and snipe.

#8 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:40 AM

The KDK-1 can work as a heat sink boat. Lose the ballistic and probaby any missiles, drop to standard armor and sturcture.
True, a regular heavy can bring about the same energy loadout but usually cannot mount 30 DHS (incl. engine).

As for my KDK-2... it isn't even trying to be serious. Still quad-PPC + 4 skilled jump jets can make for interesting situations on the battlefield (e.g. being on one of the hills on viridian bog as a 100t mech).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users