Blr-1G Battlemaster

12 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

I am working on a good mix of Clan and IS Assault Mechs/Omnimechs. Out of all the IS Assaults I had before my Clan days, one that I miss is the Battlemaster 1G. It has 2 ballistic hardpoints, at least 6 energy,and one missle hardpoint.

Wish PGI had released the Light Auto Cannon 2 and 5. 2 LAC-5s, 2 ERLLs,4MLs,and depending on remaining weight an MRM 20 or Rocket Pod 20 would be a great combo.

I don't know if I am chasing the ghosts of the past or given "New Tech" this Mech can be viable as a mid range brawler.

Let me know what you think and your pet builds would be appreciated immensely.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 16 February 2018 - 03:40 PM.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

The BLR-1G is widely regarded as one of the best IS assault mechs.

I use mine in one of these configurations:

* ER LL Sniper: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5ab6c3b97b3c0dd
* Laser Vomit - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cd00c98280182a6

#3 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, it's a good mech. Forego ballistics and do laser vomit.

#4 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

[removed by user]

Edited by Throe, 05 October 2023 - 11:23 AM.

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 16 February 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

The BLR-1G is widely regarded as one of the best IS assault mechs.

I use mine in one of these configurations:

* ER LL Sniper: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5ab6c3b97b3c0dd
* Laser Vomit - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cd00c98280182a6

View PostNRP, on 16 February 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yeah, it's a good mech. Forego ballistics and do laser vomit.

Glad you folks like this Mech, I was afraid that I was chasing Ghosts of Past Glories. I will try a variety of loads on Smurphy's including modifying your laser loads to add missle and or ballistics.

Purchased and Skilled this Mech yesterday but had no time to use it in the game.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 18 February 2018 - 05:28 AM.

#6 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

The arm-mounted ballistics are knuckle-dragging in the extreme, and a single missile hardpoint on a mech with some of the best ST energy hardpoints in the game is kind of a waste. The -1G is a laser vomit mech first and foremost, and you'll see the best performance out of it if you work to its strengths.

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

View PostSeranov, on 18 February 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

The arm-mounted ballistics are knuckle-dragging in the extreme, and a single missile hardpoint on a mech with some of the best ST energy hardpoints in the game is kind of a waste. The -1G is a laser vomit mech first and foremost, and you'll see the best performance out of it if you work to its strengths.

One missle hardpoint gives me access to an MRM 10, a Rocket Pod 20, or SRM-6. The ballistic mounts in the arm allow for 2 LMGs, or twin LBX-2s, or twin AC-5s. The other arm has room for an ERPPC, or Heavy PPC. The high mounted energy hardpoints allow for 2 MLs per torso plus DHS or BAP.

I do better with mixed builds than pure Laser Vomit or PPC Spam or Dakka.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 18 February 2018 - 01:08 PM.

#8 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

I run mine with 7 MLs and a Rac-5 currently and running a LFE 360 , 10 DHS and 3 tons of ammo. runs a bit toasty but I enjoy it. (thinking of swapping the Rac for Gauss though)

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:44 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 18 February 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

One missle hardpoint gives me access to an MRM 10, a Rocket Pod 20, or SRM-6. The ballistic mounts in the arm allow for 2 LMGs, or twin LBX-2s, or twin AC-5s. The other arm has room for an ERPPC, or Heavy PPC. The high mounted energy hardpoints allow for 2 MLs per torso plus DHS or BAP.

I tried that last year, and that experience is best summarized as: Not. Worth. It.
Focus on optimizing your mechs for one primary role well and you'll go further than with a build that can do a mediocre job at six different things.

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:00 AM

BLR-1G is 6ERL or 5ERL - That is it's role, don't attempt anything else on it, it is arguably one of the best mechs in the game for Long Range Trading.

Don't try make it into some bracket build monstrosity.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 22 February 2018 - 05:00 AM.

#11 Slow G

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

Been a BLR-1G fan since table top days with the 3rd edition box set. I know table top and MWO are vastly different beasts but I was so happy to see the 1G is available. Just bought one (5th mech) so I haven't done much to it yet but I see the potential. Definitely sluggish compared to my others but I htink some skill points will help with that.

#12 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

My Battlemaster moves 66.6 kph, and it has AMS,TC1,4 MLs,a AC-10, and an HPPC. It has all the weapons my Catapult K2 has just alot more armour.

#13 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:48 AM

Bit of a necro but its the only 1G thread I could find. Been enjoying this lately and as long as you stick with the murderball for shared anti light protection its quite effective especially at mid to long range. Sheds heat quickly even on hot maps and you can chain fire all day long or pull off a few one two punches before the heat bar fills. Full firepower survival and operations tree though to be fair you could probably drop most of the survival tree since it doesn't really boost it up too much and put it in other areas. But In my case I went with it maxed out since strikes and radar dep and mobility are not really going to help all that much either since its entire purpose is to punch big holes in things dumb enough to expose in front of it.

Lurvely hppc stats after bonus are 675 optimal 1350 max and 1770 velocity 4.7 second cooldown. Love them quirks. Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Squiggy McPew, 14 May 2019 - 02:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users