21 replies to this topic

#1 wizwoz

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLincoln

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Anyone like the look of it? I'm running a kdk3 because I love Dakka, initially I thought I might give it a go but I'm not sure what else it would offer apart from better hit boxes potentially.

Any of you lot interested?Potential builds?

#2 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

View Postwizwoz, on 18 February 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Anyone like the look of it? I'm running a kdk3 because I love Dakka, initially I thought I might give it a go but I'm not sure what else it would offer apart from better hit boxes potentially.

Any of you lot interested?Potential builds?

My suggestion is check out Smurphy's. Try several builds on paper before you even think about buying. You should receive some good ideas here as well.

#3 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8adac78c021bb42 - pretty much the only build people run, adjust ammo and heatsinks to taste

The Blood Asp is probably going to have horrible hitboxes and for this build its going to be specifically worse, reason being that it is shaped like a cube and easy to isolate components, has massive side torsos, and to run this build you need to put ballistics in the low arm mounts. On the brighter side hopefully it is more mobile than the bear.

Edited by A Headless Chicken, 19 February 2018 - 06:40 PM.

#4 TKG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe Sandhills of NC

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostA Headless Chicken, on 19 February 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

On the brighter side hopefully it is more mobile than the bear.

Given that it also is a 100-ton mech I would not expect a great difference in mobility. If it handles anything like it did in MW4, it's going to be a non-jump capable battle brick and given the trend of mechs PGI is releasing I half expect the Hauptmann to appear at any moment. It's probably for the best to think of the Blood asp as a Clan fafnir.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostTKG, on 20 February 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Given that it also is a 100-ton mech I would not expect a great difference in mobility. If it handles anything like it did in MW4, it's going to be a non-jump capable battle brick and given the trend of mechs PGI is releasing I half expect the Hauptmann to appear at any moment. It's probably for the best to think of the Blood asp as a Clan fafnir.

90t

The Blood Asp is 90t....

#6 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostTKG, on 20 February 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Given that it also is a 100-ton mech I would not expect a great difference in mobility.

It's 90 tonnes, and it's pretty difficult to outclass the Kodiak in getting accel/decel/turn rate nerfhammered. If the Blood Asp at least has mobility similar to the Mad Cat MkII, (a few points higher than the Kodiak in each metric) it's already in a pretty good position

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 20 February 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

90t

The Blood Asp is 90t....

Based on the lore the Blood Asp is a pure beast but even if it lives up to the table top I will not be buying it any time soon. I already have too many IS and Clan(Omnimechs as well) Mechs to work through and scarce resources.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 21 February 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#8 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

I’m expecting it to perform reasonably well. The fact that a couple omnipods come with JJ’s means a bit more maneuverability and tuning options.

#9 TKG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 21 February 2018 - 04:52 AM, said:

Based on the lore the Blood Asp is a pure beast but even if it lives up to the table top I will not be buying it any time soon. I already have too many IS and Clan(Omnimechs as well) Mechs to work through and scarce resources.

Interestingly, according to the 3060 TRO, the Blood Asp was actually a derivative of the 3058 Kingfisher which is also a 90 ton mech. The kingfisher might have been a better mech given that it was an omni that used a standard engine of the exact same size (360) as the blood asp which cut pod space but increased overall durability.

View PostMetus regem, on 20 February 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

The Blood Asp is 90t....

Yes, you are right, I'm not quite sure why I got to thinking it was a 100 tonner.

View PostA Headless Chicken, on 20 February 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

It's 90 tonnes, and it's pretty difficult to outclass the Kodiak in getting accel/decel/turn rate nerfhammered.

This is true, which made me immediately suspect this is a mech will have two potential fates; it's going to wind up sort of average, or ultimately it will come out and players will find out that something else already does it's job.

#10 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

Since Pgi likes to paywall the best clan assaults and then nerf it later(example the kdk and marauder). I expect this mech to have great mobility at the release, and be the best mech in the game for a while.

#11 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:34 AM

View Postradiv, on 26 February 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

Since Pgi likes to paywall the best clan assaults and then nerf it later(example the kdk and marauder). I expect this mech to have great mobility at the release, and be the best mech in the game for a while.

Only Reason why MAD IIC isn't the best Clan Assault anymore is because the MK II is even better.
Also Kodiak has not realy been especailly nerfed.
Remember that engine desync and AC nerfs hit all mechs.
It is just that IS got some usefull Assaults themselfs and some weapons that actually can keep up with KDK3 Quad UAC spam.
The sad fact is that the KDK is in fact not a viable Assault mech with that frontal profile.

Considdering the Bloodasp....it will largely depend on its basic mobility and Quirks.
A mech this big with that large frontal profile that has to be exposed when firing the shoulderguns over a hill is problematic at best.
I predict that, besides the obvious dual Gauss+Heavy Lasers builds the MkII does better, the 3 smal ACs+ 4Laser Builds will dominate the scene.

What throws me of the most is the hardwired omnimech engine.....
Well all in all it won't be the best or worst Clan Assault but not as good as MAD IIC or MadCat II.

Edited by The Basilisk, 26 February 2018 - 04:39 AM.

#12 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:43 AM

Builds:
  • 2x Gauss + lasers
  • 3x UAC/5 + (lasers or 2x ERPPC), all on ST high mounts
Those 2 are the most attractive as far as I can see. Any build has the option of equipping a single JJ or a single JJ + ECM because of those CT variants.

#13 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 26 February 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

Also Kodiak has not realy been especailly nerfed.

Two best kdk builds is nerfed out of the game, the engine desync hit it harder than anything else, and armor quirk removed

#14 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

Too bad the Hero Clan Mech is not available without buying a Standard Clan Pack. I need Heroes to use with all this Premium Time.

#15 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 26 February 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

Too bad the Hero Clan Mech is not available without buying a Standard Clan Pack. I need Heroes to use with all this Premium Time.

Thanks for reminding me, I've still got 370 days worth of banked premium time to go through.... (8,880 hours Posted Image )

#16 TKG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 February 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Thanks for reminding me, I've still got 370 days worth of banked premium time to go through.... (8,880 hours Posted Image )

Ugh dont remind me. I've got as much and I wish it only counted when I logged on...

#17 wizwoz

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLincoln

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

Think I'll wait and see what it performs like and what I can knock together in the Lab with it, I love my KDK-3 shotty build 4 x lbx10 and 2 x Hmerl and I'm not sure if this is going to be any better. Was just thinking I would trade a bit of firepower for extra mobility and decent hitboxes. The Kodiaks CT is like a magnet for enemy fire and torso twist too slow for much shielding but the firepower 1 on 1 is usually enough to make enemy turn or run.

I liked the idea of a gauss build but the clan gauss feels a bit lightweight currently, I can do more damage with other ballistics.

#18 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

View Postwizwoz, on 28 February 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Think I'll wait and see what it performs like and what I can knock together in the Lab with it, I love my KDK-3 shotty build 4 x lbx10 and 2 x Hmerl and I'm not sure if this is going to be any better. Was just thinking I would trade a bit of firepower for extra mobility and decent hitboxes. The Kodiaks CT is like a magnet for enemy fire and torso twist too slow for much shielding but the firepower 1 on 1 is usually enough to make enemy turn or run.

I liked the idea of a gauss build but the clan gauss feels a bit lightweight currently, I can do more damage with other ballistics.

Have you tried twin UAC-2s and twin UAC-5s?

#19 wizwoz

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLincoln

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

Twin uac 5’s and 2’s are a bit weak for a100 tonne mech imo. I used to run 4 uac 10’s but apparently 2 x uac 10 and 2 x uac 5 is the best build currently. I’m not a mega fan of uac’s Though I like the boom of firing all 4 lbx’s together and the extra 20 damage from lasers is a great extra punch. I’m scoring big with this build currently 395 average match score and k/d just under 3.

#20 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

View Postwizwoz, on 28 February 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

Twin uac 5’s and 2’s are a bit weak for a100 tonne mech imo. I used to run 4 uac 10’s but apparently 2 x uac 10 and 2 x uac 5 is the best build currently. I’m not a mega fan of uac’s Though I like the boom of firing all 4 lbx’s together and the extra 20 damage from lasers is a great extra punch. I’m scoring big with this build currently 395 average match score and k/d just under 3.

I tried 4 ERMLs,2 UAC-5s,3 AC-2s,a TC2,and CAP, and that seems good.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 28 February 2018 - 06:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users