34 replies to this topic

#21 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

it's fun but not very good. Slowly collecting the rewards but I'm not rushing. A few Cbills and a camo...meh...not much incentive to play a mediocre mech :D

#22 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

well for the record fielding 10 of them pisses people off >_>

#23 clan hope

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:25 PM

to me the black lanner is crap ! wish i wouldn't of wasted my money

#24 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

View Postnathen west, on 22 February 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

Even as a sniper it doesn't do well or benefit the team in any way. Granted it can provide ECM coverage, if you see a teammember needs it fast, but that's about it.

The Mech in teammatches is a lot of wasted tonnage that could be used in a more helpful way for your team. As a sniper it can't rack up much damage because it still lacks in the firepower department, as a Support Mech it lacks weapon tonnage, not even as an AMS carrier it is useful.

And touch it once and its dead, the speed doesn't matter a thing if your opponent can just aim a little. On top of that it runns hot like hell if you manage to put on a few weapons.

I really don't know what niche PGI thought this Mech should fill, or if its just a copy from books to game without taking the game into account.

Fully agree, I will try some erLL builds on it, but it really is a waste of tonnage, i can run that in multiple 30-35tonners.
@PGI, once the data starts rolling in please look at this mech, I think its a bit of a dud since its so incredibly fragile.

#25 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

I wish I could take part in this challenge, but I don't have Black Lanners.

So thanks guys for buying this Mech and supporting this game.
I gonna play CW or do something else.

#26 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

It has sweet missile quirks . A prime has 990 range for LRM before you unlock any skill nodes . I bought it because it looks a mini timber wolf and the scout tonnage was raised to 55 .

90 percent all the mechs are not META . The game would die real fast if PGI only released stronger mechs with unfair advantages .

You should be grateful that PGI values the game enough to not take that route .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 24 February 2018 - 12:50 AM.

#27 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

The challenge was fun. I still think that PGI should have some sort of non-release-mech event alongside to keep the others interested. Consumable packs or C-Bills. People headhunt the new release anyway.

Thanks PGI it was fun.

#28 Iain Sumner

• PipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:54 AM

I'd like the challenges to just be more. 1000dmg is easily and quickly done....

Edited by Iain Sumner, 24 February 2018 - 04:55 AM.

#29 Jetwash

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

More dmg/ or even match score instead of these one and done release nights..

PGI please bring back hunting ques..

Dev, khan, PLC, and everyone else here keep it real with PGI... Tina B. you listening?

#30 No Ewok

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:57 AM

Wait , we could get paid to hunt Mechs?

Why don't we has his now?

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

Is the Black Lanner any good?

#32 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 February 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

PGI, maybe CW event next? Battle for New Avalon or something. Or Rasalhague counterattack.. Or even something like Clash of Mercenaries, with Northwind Highlanders / Gray Death Legion vs Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons. CW events are not canon anyway, so why not?.
Would be fair if other people get their loyalty decals, not only Kurita and Steiner. Besides, mode is deserted by now, you have to bribe players to play it, before you, hopefully, improve CW after Solaris release.

Or maybe FedCom Civil War? To quote you:

Fallen to bitter rivalry and bickering, yet again! A realm of bounty that can only lead back to a true Star League beckons us all, and yet our eyes can only behold the affronts of our brethren. Though I risk certain incarceration, I care not which sibling ultimately holds the throne. I care only that they re-unite the only bastion of hope in our war-torn galaxy. The Federated Commonwealth must stand!

This was supposed to be more than new tech and mech packs. Please?

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 24 February 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#33 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:37 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 24 February 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

A prime has 990 range for LRM before you unlock any skill nodes .

Question: Is that Range Quirk entirely a 'Set-Of-8' Item? :o

Extra Thoughts: I don't personally own the Black Lanner as of yet. However, if it happens to be, that will massively hurt the value of that Mech. PGI should probably spread part of it into the separate OmniPods, if it's all from the 'Set-Of-8' Bonus. :huh:

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 24 February 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

90 percent all the mechs are not META . The game would die real fast if PGI only released stronger mechs with unfair advantages .

Indeed. Now if only we could get everyone to understand there's a lot more to this game than just brawling & sniping. :(

~D. V. "Simultaneously curious and yet willing to help expand on thoughts..." Devnull

#34 Cowboy Sounds

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 February 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

Question: Is that Range Quirk entirely a 'Set-Of-8' Item? Posted Image

no, iirc every lanner has a flat 10% range on all weapons tied to each variant's ct. it really helps, too, considering how flighty you should play it and the smaller weapons it forces you into using.

aside from the 10% range and individual omnipod durability quirks, every other quirk is set-of-8 i think. i would personally love if there were more omnipod-based weapons quirks (mechlab minigame), but i think the lanner is pretty strong even without that aspect; just a very niche kind of strong.

#35 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:57 AM

I love Lanner prime . I actually won a couple of scout matches using it . It works really well as a LRM / brawler hybrid .

I wish A and C variant were as much but I guess I just need a better build . These two certainly needed more heat sinks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users