#1 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

1) disclaimer
 I've tried this multiple times before and not been met with success, be aware, your milage may vary ... nothing is against the rules, illegal, risky, or overly hard ... that being said, playing around with nvidia inspector too much may leave you with a negative experience ...
2) requirements
Spoiler

3) equipment
Spoiler

4) behaviour
Spoiler

5) method
Spoiler

6 - sample
Spoiler

#2 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:33 AM

gsync causes input lag and shouldnt be considered

if you want to limit your fps (my coilwhining 980 ti says hello) use bandicam
haven't gotten the inspector thing to do much for me, strangely

#3 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

View Postw4ldO, on 27 February 2018 - 03:33 AM, said:

gsync causes input lag and shouldnt be considered

'input lag' is more of an issue in other games where you might get insta-headshotted .... thats not to say it might not be more of an issue for other people / setups ... but if you've ever had this game micro-stuttering on you, input lag becomes next to nothing, and with the average ping from australia to the US servers, input lag will be less severe than HSR delay .... I'd assume it to be much less noticeable with a sub 100 ping .... but this game will probably be dead and buried before I ever know what thats like ...

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

Gsync seems to work fine for me just using normal panel setting @ 1440. Doesn't get locked to 60fps at all, that said it won't go much past 85-90fps with my setup which is mainly a CPU issue.

#5 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 27 February 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

'input lag' is more of an issue in other games where you might get insta-headshotted .... thats not to say it might not be more of an issue for other people / setups ... but if you've ever had this game micro-stuttering on you, input lag becomes next to nothing, and with the average ping from australia to the US servers, input lag will be less severe than HSR delay .... I'd assume it to be much less noticeable with a sub 100 ping .... but this game will probably be dead and buried before I ever know what thats like ...

input lag is an issue for me in every game. even 2D management titles. any syncing just makes everything feel mushy and indirect.
microstudder no, framederps yes. whats your pc specs? might be a gfx card issue when running out of vram

whats your ping on NA servers? i get around 110-ish from central germany on NA servers. and sub 20 on EU servers. guess my provider got their peering down right.
i know just a tiny bit about the situation in AUS with the DSL lines, your providers (government maybe too) made the same mistake the germans did. they put their money on copper lines when fibre would have been the better option. wasnt there some kind of broadband program that got shafted?

what CPU is that? 3.9 ghz @ 1.44 vcore

Edited by w4ldO, 28 February 2018 - 04:05 AM.

#6 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:45 AM

View Postw4ldO, on 28 February 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

microstudder no, framederps yes. whats your pc specs? might be a gfx card issue when running out of vram[/s]
my PC is pretty balls to the wall, everything is running just under the limits, prior to my current system, I had an FX, which used to suffer hard from microstutters, which I had mostly stopped dealing with before I finished using it, but it sets a pretty high benchmark for how bad things can be .... I currently run :
  • ryzen 1600x @ 4ghz, with SMT off, 4.1 is not 'AVX' stable, I run the vcore higher than most dare
  • corsair ddr4, rated for 4000, running at the limit of my IMC, 3533 @ 16-17-17-35-52 (good but so-so)
  • crosshair hero VI, setup in LN2 mode, although I dont use that, it just feeds in moar power when needed ....
  • samsung 960 EVO as primary drive, older SSD for photos etc and spinning drives for 'recording' games
  • EVGA 1060 6gb, with aftermarket bracket to use a corsair CPU AIO cooler @ 2202 mhz core (+291 over stock)
  • ACER 28 inch 4K monitor, this is the primary reason for 'limiting', this panel doesnt like doing more than 60hz ... also, I play at a custom resolution of 3072x1728, its configured to be the main windows resolution aswell as the game resolution, at 2K I get aliasing artefacts, and at 4K things are so little I get a headache trying to read them ...

View Postw4ldO, on 28 February 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

whats your ping on NA servers? i get around 110-ish from central germany on NA servers. and sub 20 on EU servers. guess my provider got their peering down right. i know just a tiny bit about the situation in AUS with the DSL lines, your providers (government maybe too) made the same mistake the germans did. they put their money on copper lines when fibre would have been the better option. wasnt there some kind of broadband program that got shafted?
my pings are
  • 110 to singapore (oceanic, about 7000 km)
  • 240 to NA ( about 15,000 km )
  • 330 to europe
you pretty much summed up the australian internet experience .... but I am the exception in that regards .... I have the mythical full fibre connection running @ 100 mbps ( and yes it does actually get the 100 mbit ), usually I only tend to get frame dips to around 48 fps for a few moments during heavy combat these days ... once or twice at most during a game ... and generally, turning off the team information from the HUD makes it go straight away .... but it depends entirely on the map, and what settings are tweaked out in my user.cfg file .... starting from a setting of 'low' some things are tweaked out higher than 'very high' ....

and in terms of input lag, it actually 'feels' better than with it off .... sounds crazy I know ... but in the last week or whatever, ive had alot more times that I've ducked out of the way of impending fire for instance, when I was mentally preparing to receive a gauss hit .... Ive been skeptical about gsync, thats on public record .... so when I hack forced it on, and got some very positive results, I'm not unhappy to admit maybe it does work better than I expected it to .... as a pessimist, I like being wrong occasionally ....

Edited by NARC BAIT, 28 February 2018 - 08:11 AM.

#7 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 28 February 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

and in terms of input lag, it actually 'feels' better than with it off .... sounds crazy I know ... but in the last week or whatever, ive had alot more times that I've ducked out of the way of impending fire for instance, when I was mentally preparing to receive a gauss hit .... Ive been skeptical about gsync, thats on public record .... so when I hack forced it on, and got some very positive results, I'm not unhappy to admit maybe it does work better than I expected it to .... as a pessimist, I like being wrong occasionally ....

doesnt sound crazy at all. its a constant number you can get used to very quickly, speaking about consistency
gsync is already a big step up from vsync
your system is good, somewhere in the realm of mine. 4.2 ghz i7 5820k @1.22 vcore 980ti asus deluxe II, full waterloop

yes, your monitor might be the deciding factor.
my old 60 hz monitor had ghosting issues when scrolling websites. got me seasick at times.

got myself a nice 1440p 144 hz monitor and never looked back. i felt like i dont even need that adaptive sync magic for my setup to work well so i opted for benq xl2730z

the one bad thing about it however is: upscaling from 1080p looks weird, so i'm kinda locked into running games @ 1440, lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users