The Griffin IIc is 40 tons.

#62 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostIllCaesar, on 22 February 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

While you're at it can I shameless request a 20 and 25 tonner for IS mechs too? My Commandos are lonely and my Locusts are collecting dust. I know Harmony Gold is still going at it so no Wasp or Stinger but tons of us still want the Flea.

20 tonner?
Red Shift would be nice, Porcupine would be great if PGI could figure out a different MASC Mk I buff & added Superchargers.

25 tonner?
Brigand or Nexus would be good, Koto if PGI added X-Pulse lasers, Raptor if they added IS OmniMechs.

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 23 February 2018 - 10:40 AM.

#63 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

View PostJ0anna, on 23 February 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

Don't ever expect quirks on a clan mech.

its hope more than a request. i mean even if a clan mech even comes close to the same HP as a IS mech of the same tonnage AND being as wide as a Atlas the IS will cry OP.

#64 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

Clan OmniMech tonnages are borked anyway. The Black Lanner is more like a heavily armored Light. The Stormcrow pretty much puts it to shame from a performance standpoint, except that the Stormcrow can't mount Jump Jets, for whatever arbitrary reason they're using to restrict that item.

Another good example of terrible mismatch on Clan OmniMech tonnages is the Night Gyr vs the Executioner. The Executioner is 20 tons heavier, has a smaller/lighter payload, and with MASC is oddly slightly faster than the Night Gyr, which is effectively a 75 ton Assault without enough Armor... :|

It's almost like the OmniMech design team sat down one day and said, "You know what, Omnimechs are too well balanced in their weight classes. We could make this game more frustrating if we screwed that up a bit."

For anyone complaining that we have only one 'Mech which perfectly fits Clan drop deck tonnage by an equal multiple, just take 3 Hellbringers or Summoners, and fill the gap with something else decent. Problem solved.

Edited by Throe, 23 February 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#65 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

View PostThroe, on 23 February 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

For anyone complaining that we have only one 'Mech which perfectly fits Clan drop deck tonnage by an equal multiple, just take 3 Hellbringers or Summoners, and fill the gap with something else decent. Problem solved.
I wouldn't suggest that unless either or both youre really good or youre wil a solid team. Otherwise bring a assalt first drop every time.

#66 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostGrus, on 23 February 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

I wouldn't suggest that unless either or both youre really good or youre wil a solid team. Otherwise bring a assalt first drop every time.

Running an Assault isn't going to help you survive any longer than you would in an agile Heavy in any given situation in an Invasion PUG match. If you're in an agile Heavy, you can rely on your extra maneuverability to save your butt when your team does something stupid because they had a poop plan, or no plan at all.

I'll only bring an Assault if my team has a plan for specific loadouts on Assaults. They're simply too slow to be worth the tonnage otherwise.

Edited by Throe, 23 February 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#67 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostThroe, on 23 February 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Reading comprehension is everything..."could use" is a suggestion not a complaint, "hopefully" is a wish for an alternative, not a demand to solve a problem.

#68 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

View PostThroe, on 23 February 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Running an Assault isn't going to help you survive any longer than you would in an agile Heavy in any given situation in an Invasion PUG match. If you're in an agile Heavy, you can rely on your extra maneuverability to save your butt when your team does something stupid because they had a poop plan, or no plan at all.

I'll only bring an Assault if my team has a plan for specific loadouts on Assaults. They're simply too slow to be worth the tonnage otherwise.

thier are a few "fast" clan assaults that are very much worth the tonnage. the HP hill you would have to climb going from heavy fighting a 100 tonner is huge. better to start that climb at a higher spot than lower on the hill. Bring a assault first drop.

#69 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

Well, dang...they delivered! Posted Image

#70 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

Since we're covering under-filled weights: next up, another IS 25 tonner! Raptor pls

#71 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

I know. The Hellfire.

#72 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother