• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

Yeah. I said it. I'm getting really fed up with the hit-reg or net code issues this game's had for years on end.

because I couldn't according to hit reg hit my mark, we lost the match. I watched as another guy in the same match had to put in two volleys of SRMs into the same spot before the other mech died. this really irritates me.

I tried playing today, I really did. 5-8 matches in fact; But I can't get into it, and the gameplay is getting stagnant, it's really wearing my interest down. I'll probably wait till solaris, one of the last few things this game might hold interest for me in a long time. If solaris fails though... I'll probably just stop. With the little time I get to play this game.... it ain't worth wasting time if all I get are horrible hit reg scenarios each time I need to hit my marks.

#2 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

I keep telling people, quit now. Pgi will wise up fast.

#3 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

The only real thing PGI can do at this point is revert to 8v8 to reduce the amount of potential things flying around. Their ability to tinker with things like hitreg, I fear are highly limited.

#4 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

Seen some insane hit registration miss this week, firing on a DC Kingcrab in the back with med pulses, after more than 5 alpha of quad medpulses and 1 lmg shooting wild at 40m range or so, i was able to turn the front and rear ct slightly yellow. The shot was just passing trough. i was stationary behind it... and 5 alpha is a pessimist count. The lmg looked like hitting, and probably was the only thing registering.

Same thing with the DC summoner of JohnyZ two games later.... my medpulses were making some mark behind the battlemech on the ground but was not touching it... unable to hit the head, was able to put some hit on the ct after big adjustment (crouch shooting) nothing was hitting on practically half the mech.

I don't know about moving battlemech because you don't have all the time to see if you have hit or not, but on a stationary target, it's troubling.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 21 February 2018 - 07:09 PM.

#5 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:23 PM

I definitely won't miss this game on my death bed...

#6 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 21 February 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Seen some insane hit registration miss this week, firing on a DC Kingcrab in the back with med pulses, after more than 5 alpha of quad medpulses and 1 lmg shooting wild at 40m range or so, i was able to turn the front and rear ct slightly yellow. The shot was just passing trough. i was stationary behind it... and 5 alpha is a pessimist count. The lmg looked like hitting, and probably was the only thing registering.

Same thing with the DC summoner of JohnyZ two games later.... my medpulses were making some mark behind the battlemech on the ground but was not touching it... unable to hit the head, was able to put some hit on the ct after big adjustment (crouch shooting) nothing was hitting on practically half the mech.

I don't know about moving battlemech because you don't have all the time to see if you have hit or not, but on a stationary target, it's troubling.

Disconnects in general have funky hitreg, to the point where sometimes it takes Streaks or other guided weaponry to make a significant amount of hits on-target.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 February 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Yeah. I said it. I'm getting really fed up with the hit-reg or net code issues this game's had for years on end.

because I couldn't according to hit reg hit my mark, we lost the match. I watched as another guy in the same match had to put in two volleys of SRMs into the same spot before the other mech died. this really irritates me.

I tried playing today, I really did. 5-8 matches in fact; But I can't get into it, and the gameplay is getting stagnant, it's really wearing my interest down. I'll probably wait till solaris, one of the last few things this game might hold interest for me in a long time. If solaris fails though... I'll probably just stop. With the little time I get to play this game.... it ain't worth wasting time if all I get are horrible hit reg scenarios each time I need to hit my marks.

The worst part is that you hear little to nothing about netcode updates at all. It may not even got unnoticed, but at this point there are some things that are "built into the game" that isn't even being vetted (like how shooting projectiles like PPCs seem to "miss" its targets even while you see your projectiles hit them).

But hey, it's easier to sell mechpacks and not improved netcode.

#8 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 February 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

But hey, it's easier to sell mechpacks and not improved netcode.

They can still make new mechpacks.

I have serious doubts as to how much they can do about netcode at this point, much like a lot of the engine that is also "lostech".

#9 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

From 240 meters... locked artemis C-LRM50 barrage moments ago... vs a phoenix hawk with red/yellow structure everywhere and no armor except the head, and a leg already missing... didn't blow any components... had to use the quad medium pulses to remove the already yellow remaining leg.

#10 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 February 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

From 240 meters... locked artemis C-LRM50 barrage moments ago... vs a phoenix hawk with red/yellow structure everywhere and no armor except the head, and a leg already missing... didn't blow any components... had to use the quad medium pulses to remove the already yellow remaining leg.

IMO, PGi is done with any code changes.... the compounded errors are so out-of-control, they'd have to start over and why would they? Nor, could they !!! They don't have the staff or they would have made the changes already..

They are still selling mech packs and you all are still buying them: sight un-seen and even if they are screwed up !!! Why would they change because they think everything is fine !!!

STOP BUYING and you'd find they come snooping in the forums and contacting whales as to why......... Otherwise, you're all alone and they'll drop Solaris and you'all will simply keep buying everything they offer.....and, nothing will ever change....

#11 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Ok I confess... I just bought a mechpack :( woe is me

#12 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

I am incredibly confused by all of the issues people keep having with hit reg, convergence, and connection issues. Maybe I am one of the blessed few but I don’t notice issues with convergence(to be fair I am not certain what this even is). I have had 1 disconnect in 2 years and it was an issue on my end. How the hell is everyone else running this that’s having so many problems?

#13 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

Am I just like the only person on the planet then whose weapons actually shoot where I point them on an enemy 'mech? Seriously. So many people complain about this that it can't just be bads wanting to blame something besides themselves. Yet I have never experienced the joy of watching my PPCs smack into an enemy 'mech and do nothing, nor have I ever vomited out 4 SRM6+A at a target and not stripped a component. I don't get it.

Edited by Mole, 21 February 2018 - 09:14 PM.

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

View PostAsym, on 21 February 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

IMO, PGi is done with any code changes.... the compounded errors are so out-of-control, they'd have to start over and why would they? Nor, could they !!! They don't have the staff or they would have made the changes already..

They are still selling mech packs and you all are still buying them: sight un-seen and even if they are screwed up !!! Why would they change because they think everything is fine !!!

STOP BUYING and you'd find they come snooping in the forums and contacting whales as to why......... Otherwise, you're all alone and they'll drop Solaris and you'all will simply keep buying everything they offer.....and, nothing will ever change....

Haven't spent a dime since 2017. no need to spend anymore on this game.

#15 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

Or, you know, they decide that MWO is no longer profitable and pull the plug on the servers. I bet they do that before they ask us how to improve.

#16 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostRelishcakes, on 21 February 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

I am incredibly confused by all of the issues people keep having with hit reg, convergence, and connection issues. Maybe I am one of the blessed few but I don’t notice issues with convergence(to be fair I am not certain what this even is). I have had 1 disconnect in 2 years and it was an issue on my end. How the hell is everyone else running this that’s having so many problems?

View PostMole, on 21 February 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Am I just like the only person on the planet then whose weapons actually shoot where I point them on an enemy 'mech? Seriously. So many people complain about this that it can't just be bads wanting to blame something besides themselves. Yet I have never experienced the joy of watching my PPCs smack into an enemy 'mech and do nothing, nor have I ever vomited out 4 SRM6+A at a target and not stripped a component. I don't get it.

Maybe you two really are lucky. I've ran into them every year just about. And no, I don't have bad internet. It's decent. It's no 50 ping but it's not 150ping+

I've had it from LRMs, Lasers, Ballistics, anything just about I've experienced it. Really, really, irritating.

Literally, the worst case scenario of this is SSRMs, AKA, streak srms. I've seen it happen so many times It's really dumb.

#17 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 February 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Maybe you two really are lucky. I've ran into them every year just about. And no, I don't have bad internet. It's decent. It's no 50 ping but it's not 150ping+

I've had it from LRMs, Lasers, Ballistics, anything just about I've experienced it. Really, really, irritating.

Literally, the worst case scenario of this is SSRMs, AKA, streak srms. I've seen it happen so many times It's really dumb.

Yeah, I don't know man. The only time I see damage that makes me go "what?" is when shooting at a light 'mech with lasers. When it really feels like I should have done a bit more than turn them yellow. If I hit them with something that is PPFLD though, that's a dead light. Every time.

#18 DerHuhnTeufel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

I honestly haven't noticed anything weird, outside of some mechs being almost impossible to headshot.

#19 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

I don't think less than 12v12 is going to solve the hitreg problems.

I have had hitreg issues in Scouting too.

#20 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 21 February 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

I keep telling people, quit now. Pgi will wise up fast.

They are still selling mech packs and you all are still buying them: sight un-seen and even if they are screwed up !!! Why would they change because they think everything is fine !!! STOP BUYING and you'd find they come snooping in the forums and contacting whales as to why..

That's an illusion.

As i stated several times before, boycotting only has a chance to work if everyone who boycotts a product is on the same page and wants the same thing to change. For example if everyone would stop buying clothes from companies who produce in countries with catastrophic labor conditions and support a campaign to voice this to the public, then those companies are able to directly tie their loss in sales to this problem and probably know what change is needed to stop the boycott.

But in MWO we have so many opinions on what the best direction to go is, PGI can't connect your personal boycott to a specific thing they need to change to get you back. Chances are that they change something that makes the game even worse for you. We can't even agree on the simplest balancing questions, how is PGI supposed to do it right for the majority of us then?

Also keep in mind that when people do buy stuff they -sit down and take a deep breath- may actually like the game despite it's several imperfections. I'm one of those folks. I know that MWO lacks some things to become my dream game but i also know that they can't built my dream game without making it worse or even destroying it for others.

So as long as i have fun with the current state of the game i will occasionally throw some money at PGI when they offer something in return that promises to keep the fun going (and yes, mechpacks do count. They are content for me). And of cause i will keep telling them what i'd like to change, but i never feel entitled to get what i want just because i'm one of many that is financing the game.

If someone doesn't have fun anymore then of cause it's probably best to stop playing and spending for a while. But please do it silently, convincing others to follow you will NOT make the game better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users