Play With Groups Of Similar Tier

6 replies to this topic

#1 UKSpawn

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Maybe I'm missing something but whenever I group up with my friends it seems that our Tier(s) are ignored and it just throws you in with any other groups.

This is incredibly frustrating for new players that just want to play with their friends and not be steamrolled by 12man Tier1 'pro teams'.

Could an average Tier be calculated for the group and then placed with other Groups of Close Average Tier. A few people I have introduced to the game quit playing after a few rounds because how in their first game are they supposed to beat these fully coordinated teams.. or even do more than 10 points of damage etc.

Thanks

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 12 December 2018 - 04:11 PM.

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

First off, they need to fix the skill rating system, then they need to combine group and PUG queues. Groups should be placed based on their average skill +1 for rating.

But none of this really matters until they move over to a new game engine, and can actually do the stuff they need to do to properly fix the game.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:56 AM

People allways talk about game engines...they aren't the problem. Not haveing the people beeing able to program the changes needed or not the population to implement a good system is a problem. Most game engines don't even provide a matchmaking system to begin with. They provide the basics of how graphics are presented and some physics.

As for the Solo/small groups problem. Yes that is definitly a problem I also face with a friend of mine. He didn't played for a long time while I keept playing. When we drop together we face units or parts of units that are far above my level not to mention his.
It keeps frustrating him and I have a hard time to keep him interested. So much that I just have some 1v1 duels to teach him some basics and then let him play in solo QP so he has some good games. That is quite the oposite of "playing together".

#5 DerHuhnTeufel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

Matchmaker needs some serious improvements in general, but judging by the last few months of patch notes I doubt they have more than 1 person remaining who can actually do anything at all with the code.

#6 Syntillate

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:25 AM

Part of the issue is if you are grouping with 1 or 2 friends you'll always be disadvantaged against large coordinated groups. Even if you get one on your side unless they bring you into comms you are going to be less effective. Solo queue is across all tiers largely completely uncoordinated and so as an individual there has more capacity to do well.

#7 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:47 AM

Maybe they should introduce a threshhold that groups of 2-3 will still be placed with solo Q instead of the groups or they will be placed in both queues so that they will at least be sometimes in a better position.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users