Concerning Various Rewards

3 replies to this topic

Poll: AMS and Narc Rewards (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think AMS needs more/different rewards?

1. Yes, I feel that AMS needs 1xp and 100 c-bills per missile destroyed. (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Yes, I feel that AMS needs xp and c-bill rewards, but different values than those that you suggested. (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. Yes, but I feel that AMS should only reward c-bills. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes, but I feel that AMS should only reward xp. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. No, I feel that the current implementation of AMS rewards is fine (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

6. No, other. (0 votes [0.00%])

Do you feel that Narc needs more rewards?

1. Yes, I feel that NARC rewards should include: Narc Damage, Narc Assist, and Narc KMDD. (6 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Yes, I feel that NARC rewards should include more rewards, but different from those that you mentioned. (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. No, I feel that we do not need more Narc rewards. (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. No, other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 AttendingMonk1

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA, Planet Earth

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:29 AM

I've a few ideas that I would like to see implemented in this game concerning various rewards. I'm aware that these may have been brought up before, but I feel that they deserve current attention. Thank you in advance for reading.

So here goes:
  • AMS rewards: They need cbills or xp, preferably both. While I understand that this was (I think) in the game for a brief period of time, AMS desperately needs some useful rewards. Simply boosting matchscore is not enough, and sometimes, potentially overkill. Before anyone uses the, "but it's passive and all that, why reward no skill items!" argument, keep in mind that BAP at least gives something for what it does, which is countering ECM, while also being passive. It doesn't have to be much, maybe 1xp and 100 c-bills per 3 missiles. Example time, I've been using the triple AMS kitfox recently because of the recent Lunar New Year sale (thanks for that by the way). I can confidently say that it is among the best AMS carriers in the game. While I've not had the pleasure of taking it into Faction Play (being an IS loyalist and all), I've been keeping a little record of sorts via screenshots. The absolute most missiles that I have destroyed, to date, is 1164 missiles on River City Assault. I can confidently say that for me, that is not anywhere near the expected performance in most of my matches. Using my previous recommendation, that match would have netted me a bonus 388 xp and 38,800 c-bills. I feel that that would be a relatively fair reward for potentially saving my team from losing ~36 tons of armor, depending on missile type (ATMs dealing massive damage) and accuracy.
TL;DR Bottom line is that AMS needs c-bill and xp rewards. Perhaps 1xp and 100 c-bills per 3 missiles destroyed.
  • Narc Reward: Narc is a lot of fun. Lately I've been enjoying a Trubuchet 7M (also the Lunar New Year sale) Narc + 2 LRM10 and 3 medium lasers. Narc is very effective in certain settings, it shows the team where an enemy is, counters ECM, and allows lock on missiles to lock on and track better (better spread as well). It does all these wonderful things for a relatively large tonnage investment on the IS side while having terrible range and velocity (compared to Clan Narc) and low ammo per ton. However, I feel it needs rewards different from those that it has. Currently, a NARC user only receives one bonus: Narc Kill. That is only awarded if a lock on missile gets the killing blow on the narced mech, quite similar to a tag kill. However, tag rewards damage done by lock on missiles with cbills. I feel that Narc needs something similar, if not the exact same thing. Although, unlike tag, it does not require constant line of sight and tracking of the target, it does require much more tonnage and some skill to use due to limited velocity. I'm for implementing an idea I saw on the forums:

View Postwanderer, on 09 June 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

Or, we could simply give NARC the appropriate rewards.

Have them do just enough damage to automatically qualify as getting an assist.

Reward NARC-enabled damage like TAG damage.

Give NARC rewards for "NARC KMDD" along the same idea as the bonus for NARC kills- if the majority of the damage is missile damage, "NARC KMDD".

These are wonderful ideas that I'd love to see. Having Narc KMDD would reward Narc users if lock on missiles did most of the work towards taking a mech out yet didn't finish the job, and Narc beacons doing just enough damage to qualify as an assist would allow Narcers to get something if there are no lock on missile users on their team.

TL;DR Narc Beacons need Tag rewards, slight damage, and Narc KMDD rewards.

In closing, I'd like to thank anyone who devoted the time to read this. Please vote so that PGI will know if anyone else supports these two ideas. I'd like to put out a very special thank you to the people who have already asked for these or similar ideas. I hope that you will see them in game.

Peace and Blessings,
Monk

Edited by AttendingMonk1, 22 February 2018 - 02:33 AM.

#2 DerHuhnTeufel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

Support in general in this game is very lacking. I tried to do a few "support" runs with my light mechs, and usually wound up 100k c bills and ~1000 xp short of where I'd be if I went in and actually attacked. Spotting, kill assists, tag, narc, ECM, all of it is nearly worthless compared to just dealing damage and killing things.

#3 Drakor

• Pip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

Alright, so first things first- On the whole premise of increasing the rewards, you most definitely have my support. As it is right now, any sort of support role will not garner as much of a reward as simply going out and dealing damage... This applies for TAG, Narc, even ECM coverage of friendlies... In a game that often Requires teamwork for success, this is, quite simply, an awkward state of affairs.

That stated, however, I'm not certain I can agree on just how much of a reward you're proposition includes. Or rather- the exact method in which it arrives there. For example, on the AMS side of things- giving the same reward for destroying LRMs, as destroying ATMs, or SSRMs, even given the damage differences? Perhaps having it work off of the damage that missile would deal, at the point where it's destroyed- for example, in the hypothetical situation of destroying a full salvo of IS-LRM-30, at point blank... When his missiles will simply do nothing, anyway? Rewarding that with 10 xp and 1000 C-bills for that seems... A bit counter-intuitive.

Versus destroying, for example, a Full salvo of ATM-12 at~ 200m, where it would be dealing 36 damage to whomever it hit... and receiving only 4xp and 400cbills... That contrast seems a bit odd to me. Hence why I suggest the alternate option of scaling the reward by the amount incoming- perhaps 1xp/100cbills for 3 Damage stopped, rather than 3 Missiles stopped, would be a better approach? The Amount seems fine, to me- Not quite a pittance, but not enough that you can afford to sit off of the front line all game, and still get the same reward, if the enemy team isn't Entirely made out of missile-lock boats.

And on the Narcs, the only thing I disagree with is the KMDD bonus... Narc Assist, Narc Kill, and Narc damage seems like plenty to me- Something like a half-reward for damage dealt, on the Narc Damage bonus, along with Narc Kill giving Full kill credit rewards... Adding in Narc KMDD would just push the bonuses up towards the absurd, in my opinion- While there should be a hefty reward for support work- one must also keep in mind not making it too much more rewarding than actually engaging and destroying the enemy team. Or we'll just end up with Narc/TAG/AMS boats running around to farm credits and XP- without any actual combat capabilities.

#4 AttendingMonk1

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA, Planet Earth

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

While I appreciate the missile damage prevented idea, I feel that it is too complex to currently implement, due to keeping track of missiles destroyed at certain ranges. Keep in mind that an AMS might destroy an ATM missile that is 400 meters away from the target, yet you destroyed it only 150 meters away due to your proximity and AMS range. Also, who's to say said missiles would even be hits? I stand by the missiles destroyed tracking implementation that is currently in the game. Although, I would not be upset if ATMs, SSRMs, and LRMs were tracked separately and awarded differently due to damage differences.

Along the lines of Narc KMDD, while I can see that you might think it is too much, keep in mind that if you get that, you get it because you directed the attention of multiple missile users towards a target and they (or at least enough of them) fired on it to deal the majority of damage to said target with missiles. I am not against the idea of having a lower Narc kill reward and a higher Narc KMDD reward to balance this out. However, I feel that a support mech, who is sacrificing at least some of their ability to get KMDDs of their own, should get that reward if their efforts caused the target to be damaged mostly by missiles and yet missiles did not get the kill.

Also, in closing, if most people ran Narc, AMS, and tag boats, it would require both their team and the enemy team to be using considerable amounts of missiles, which would be odd if everyone knows that everyone is now boating AMS, even with Narc and tag.

Peace and Blessings,
Monk

Edited by AttendingMonk1, 22 February 2018 - 06:39 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users