Death Sentence

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

Spawning slow mechs into bravo lance is a death sentence.

Even without a specific nascar (and most likely there will be a nascar) the only way to avoid being spotted and run down is to completely avoid joining the fight and your team in the initial stage and to try and move in after battle has been joined.

This is rediculous.

At the very least mechs should be deployed fastest to slowest on the field left to right from the perspective of the spawning team to give them the best chance of avoiding being caught out.

This is infact part of a more general problem with spawn locations, often players are given a choice of an initial left or right movement from the spawn point and once you have made a wrong choice you will almost certainly only make it worse for yourself if you change your mind and try to go the other way. (unless this is done very early on) This left or right choice is frequently the decisive factor in the entire out come of the match.

Going the wrong way is even considerably worse than starting late due to afk or DC because you end up being in the wrong place at the right time (to run head long into a nascar) starting late, assuming you have survived the stat padding DC farmers who run direct to the spawn locations every single match, you are far more likely to enter the battlefield once battle is joined and be able to slot right in to the combat, there is even a reasonable chance you could be in an advantageous flanking position.

It should not be possible for one guy to make a mistake in the first 2 seconds of the match which results directly in thier team losing. Perhaps I am wrong, maybe the situation isnt quite as grave as I percieve it to be, but i doubt very much you even have data for that variable, so if you dont, then i suggest you start analysing it.

Guffrus

Guffrus

Edited by Guffrus, 22 February 2018 - 07:15 AM.

#2 Saint Duck

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:48 AM

Absolute 100% truth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users