Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:54 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 26 February 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

Oh this is nothing new.. I've dumped 5 LRM80 alphas into an urbie without breaking it's armor, and dumping the same into an Atlas, killing it solo.. Both well withing optimal range..

Hitreg is bad..

On the contrary, this is entirely dependant upon which LRM batch you're using. Spread is a thing, and especially when dumping large missile counts on very small (virtually conical) mechs means you're never doing anywhere near possible damage. Assuming 4 LRM20, you're likely only hitting with 5-7 missiles per LRM20.

LRMs are bad. Shooting LRMs at lights is bad. Player knowledge is bad.

Hitreg is sometimes a little wonky, but 90% fine.

#22 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:55 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 27 February 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

On the contrary, this is entirely dependant upon which LRM batch you're using. Spread is a thing, and especially when dumping large missile counts on very small (virtually conical) mechs means you're never doing anywhere near possible damage. Assuming 4 LRM20, you're likely only hitting with 5-7 missiles per LRM20.

LRMs are bad. Shooting LRMs at lights is bad. Player knowledge is bad.

Hitreg is sometimes a little wonky, but 90% fine.

And shockingly, I don't have this "LRMs are bad" problem when hitting locusts, piranhas, or any other light... ever. Just Urbies.

BTW, the Urbie incident is just one of many examples.. I've also pumped 60+ laser alphas to buchwhackers, warhammers and many others.. to no avail.. hitreg is wonky, to say the least..

Edited by Vellron2005, 28 February 2018 - 01:58 AM.

#23 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:22 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 28 February 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

And shockingly, I don't have this "LRMs are bad" problem when hitting locusts, piranhas, or any other light... ever. Just Urbies.

BTW, the Urbie incident is just one of many examples.. I've also pumped 60+ laser alphas to buchwhackers, warhammers and many others.. to no avail.. hitreg is wonky, to say the least..

Urbies take a lot more damage then every other mech, dont know if its hitreg or hitboxes.

The worst for hitreg are srms for me, if i fire more then 12 at once it becomes strange, if i use 18 or more i do less damage then using 12 at once.
Lasers are a gamble, sometimes they connect perfect sometimes i fire at an open, red section and nothing happens. MPLs are worse then normal lasers, maybe because of more damage-ticks from normal lasers?

Edited by Kroete, 28 February 2018 - 02:25 AM.

#24 Gradnuko

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

View PostKroete, on 28 February 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

Urbies take a lot more damage then every other mech, dont know if its hitreg or hitboxes.

They have armor like a medium, they're round so it's hard to tell what part you're shooting, and they can torso twist 360°. They're the ultimate damage spreaders.

Edited by Plaid Ninja, 28 February 2018 - 05:00 AM.

#25 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

View PostRocket2Uranus, on 23 February 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

Just landed 3 alpha strikes of ATM 3 x 4 on a Piranha at ranges of 120-240m before I died.
Total damage done during match 4.

LOL Seriously?

Hitbox/register issues aside ATM3s are a terrible weapon.

atm6 and above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users