Bought Mechpack, Unable To Use Reinforcement Omnipods?

27 replies to this topic

#1 Killswitch - Warlawk

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

So as a new player who is having lots of fun with the game I decided to throw some $ in to support it and picked up the lanner pack, hero and reinforcements. I got the reinforcements specifically so I could purchase variant D arms omnipods on other chassis but it appears I cannot do that. Is that intended or is there an issue I am not aware of? That is literally the only reason I grabbed the reinforcements package.

#2 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

As far as I understand, you cannot buy additional reinforcement omnipods until the mech itself is released for C-bills. I'm not even sure if you can buy additional reinforcements for real money to strip the omnipods from them.

#3 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:11 AM

Wait let me get this straight... you cant use your own omnipods even when you have bought said mechs?

Can you not strip them off the main variants to add to the other variants? (Much like you would an engine or weapon or something?) I ask because I dont know and assumed you would be able to mix and match owned omnipods.

#4 Killswitch - Warlawk

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

It appears I can take the arms off the D and use them on another chassis, but cannot purchase them directly. A bit of an awkward workaround, but it works so that's good enough.

#5 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostKillswitch - Warlawk, on 23 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

It appears I can take the arms off the D and use them on another chassis, but cannot purchase them directly. A bit of an awkward workaround, but it works so that's good enough.

Yeah, you're probably limited to just the sets you can strip off the copies you currently own when it comes to the reinforcements.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

Glad you are having fun with the game. I wouldn't call purchasing the Blanner pack a good idea though. It is a very mediocre mech, with very limited scope of operations.

#7 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

View PostKillswitch - Warlawk, on 23 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Yea ok thats how I thought it would work. That is intended behaviour while the mech is still "exclusive" before the in game release for cbills i believe.

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 February 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Glad you are having fun with the game. I wouldn't call purchasing the Blanner pack a good idea though. It is a very mediocre mech, with very limited scope of operations.

So its like most other mechs in game then? Posted Image

#8 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

It's an issue PGI has not been able to resolve. You can either buy all the OmniPods, or none of them.

So, when a new pack is released, only OmniPods from the Prime and other 2 'mechs from the Standard pack are available for C-Bills. You need to wait for the C-Bill release of the 'mech for the other OmniPods. Hero OmniPods are never available for separate purchase.

#9 Abel Enders

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

The first time I bought a reinforcements package, I did so purely hoping that I could then purchase the reinforcement mech omnipods. Of course, I was sadly mistaken.

PGI should really consider unlocking those omnipods early for the people that buy them- I bet a lot more people would buy those omnimech reinforcements if that were the case. Lately for me there hasn't been much incentive otherwise.

#10 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostAbel Enders, on 23 February 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

The first time I bought a reinforcements package, I did so purely hoping that I could then purchase the reinforcement mech omnipods. Of course, I was sadly mistaken.

PGI should really consider unlocking those omnipods early for the people that buy them- I bet a lot more people would buy those omnimech reinforcements if that were the case. Lately for me there hasn't been much incentive otherwise.

They've stated that they cannot give specific people access to the reinforcement omnipods either everyone has access or no one does.

#11 Killswitch - Warlawk

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Sounds like 80-90% of the mech roster. It's fast, it allows me to set up a loadout of lasers and MGs, options for ECM and AMS without the jutting shoulders of a Stormcrow. So far it's fun, and that's why I play.

#12 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

It's also quite fun. Have you used it yet? I have most of the Clan mechs, and the Lanner looks like one of the few I'll be going back to with much regularity.

#13 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 23 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

When comparing the Black Lanner to its peers such as the Huntsman, Nova, Stormcrow, or Hunchback IIC, yes. It's a very limited mech with 12 tons of podspace for the most part. The huntsman can load anything a Hellbringer could, ranging from gauss + lasers, ballistics + whatever, laser vomit, or missiles. Basically anything the player would like to try.

The black lanner has LESS flexibility than a kitfox which has 15 tons open. The snide comment you floated cheerfully ignores it trades away its flexibility for one thing - speed.

#14 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 23 February 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

When comparing the Black Lanner to its peers such as the Huntsman, Nova, Stormcrow, or Hunchback IIC, yes. It's a very limited mech with 12 tons of podspace for the most part. The huntsman can load anything a Hellbringer could, ranging from gauss + lasers, ballistics + whatever, laser vomit, or missiles. Basically anything the player would like to try.

The black lanner has LESS flexibility than a kitfox which has 15 tons open. The snide comment you floated cheerfully ignores it trades away its flexibility for one thing - speed.

Keep in mind that the difference in payload is more than offset by the difference in armor. Getting armor totals to maximum leaves the Lanner with 12.5 tons for weapons (6 points under-armored) and the Kit Fox with 14.5 (0.03 tons unused). However, the Lanner at that point is sporting 364 points of armor versus the Kit Fox's 210. If you cut the Lanner's armor by the 2 tons needed to equal the Kit Fox's payload it still ends up better armored, 249. Plus the beefier structure. (Armor and structure is pre-quirk/skill.)

Comparing payloads, an Arctic Cheetah with max armor has only 8 tons (and would go up to 11 if you could strip the jets), and the Cheetah only has a 16.2 kph higher base speed.

And the speed advantage? With max tweak and MASC active the Lanner does just shy of 150 kph. It's stupid fast for its size.

As I've said, it's the kind of firepower and speed you'd expect from a high-end light married to the durability of a high-end medium. It's a really fun mech. I don't expect it to do much for the competitive/CW/QP-group scene because it isn't the best option when comparing tonnage limits. But in QP-solo, where weight class is the closest thing to tonnage considerations, it's going to have a presence.

Edited by Escef, 23 February 2018 - 11:18 AM.

#15 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostEscef, on 23 February 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

It's also quite fun. Have you used it yet? I have most of the Clan mechs, and the Lanner looks like one of the few I'll be going back to with much regularity.

I used plenty of low pod space but very fast Clan mechs to know what it's like. And I wouldn't bring it in most fights.

View PostKillswitch - Warlawk, on 23 February 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Sounds like 80-90% of the mech roster. It's fast, it allows me to set up a loadout of lasers and MGs, options for ECM and AMS without the jutting shoulders of a Stormcrow. So far it's fun, and that's why I play.

Negative. 80-90% of the mech roster do not have mere 20% of its body weight available for weapons and equipments. I never said the Blanner is not fun, I only said it has very limited scope of operations.

View PostHGAK47, on 23 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

See above.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 February 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 February 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

I used plenty of low pod space but very fast Clan mechs to know what it's like. And I wouldn't bring it in most fights.

In other words, no. Well, I would. Because it's fun. I mean, c'mon, are you one of those "sex is only for procreation" types? Live a little, man. ;)

#17 Killswitch - Warlawk

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 February 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Negative. 80-90% of the mech roster do not have mere 20% of its body weight available for weapons and equipments. I never said the Blanner is not fun, I only said it has very limited scope of operations.

Ok, cool. Point made. Thanks for your feedback.

Now, please take a look at your position in this conversation. The thread was on topic until you joined. Regardless if your position is correct or not, you just came into a thread and started posting essentially "You're having bad-wrong-fun, you shouldn't do that!" Pretty much textbook internet trolling man.

For those of you who did keep on topic and didn't try to just come in and crap on other peoples fun, thank you.

#18 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

View PostEscef, on 23 February 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

In other words, no. Well, I would. Because it's fun. I mean, c'mon, are you one of those "sex is only for procreation" types? Live a little, man. Posted Image

As I told Kill-switch already: I never said the mech is not fun, only limited. Posted Image

Also, try not to impose your definition of fun to others. Makes you look shallow.

View PostKillswitch - Warlawk, on 23 February 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Ok, cool. Point made. Thanks for your feedback.

Now, please take a look at your position in this conversation. The thread was on topic until you joined. Regardless if your position is correct or not, you just came into a thread and started posting essentially "You're having bad-wrong-fun, you shouldn't do that!" Pretty much textbook internet trolling man.

For those of you who did keep on topic and didn't try to just come in and crap on other peoples fun, thank you.

Wow, just how easily offended are you? If you look at my original post again, I simply said that I am glad that you are having fun, but I do not think the Blanner pack purchase is good idea, and gave the reason why. Never once I said that you shouldn't do anything.

If you take offense to a comment that was supposed to be a helpful advice, then there is nothing more to say to you. "Internet trolling", indeed.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 February 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#19 Killswitch - Warlawk

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 February 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Wow, just how easily offended are you? If you look at my original post again, I simply said that I am glad that you are having fun, but I do not think the Blanner pack purchase is good idea, and gave the reason why. Never once I said that you shouldn't do anything.

If you take offense to a comment that was supposed to be a helpful advice, then there is nothing more to say to you. "Internet trolling", indeed.

Not offended in the least. Just annoyed. I purchased the pack as clearly stated in the first post. Your first post is "That is not what I would call a good idea" and has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Trolling, inflammatory and nonconstructive. Would you like me to go open a thread for black lanner balance discussion for you? Because that's not what this thread was about.

EDIT for Clarification: I already purchased the pack, that's very clearly stated. Coming in and posting as you did is not "friendly advice" in any way shape or form. You got called out for trolling, and now it's all back peddling and trying to turn it around, also pretty much textbook internet troll behavior. If you are or are not is moot, your behavior in this thread is.

Edited by Killswitch - Warlawk, 23 February 2018 - 12:34 PM.

#20 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 23 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

It's an issue PGI has not been able to resolve. You can either buy all the OmniPods, or none of them.

So, when a new pack is released, only OmniPods from the Prime and other 2 'mechs from the Standard pack are available for C-Bills. You need to wait for the C-Bill release of the 'mech for the other OmniPods. Hero OmniPods are never available for separate purchase.

Which I find Super annoying!! Especially for packs where the reinforcement omni pods are ones you want to use most D:<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users