Does Tag Allow Lock With Ecm?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Elrodvoss

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

I know when you use PPCs and hit a target with ECM it will disable ECM for a few seconds and allow target lock.

IF you have a target TAGGED, can you get target lock as long as you have them tagged (laser on target) even though their ECM is active?

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Yes. It functions as a soft counter. (Won't disable the 25% increase to time required to lock, but TAG's +25% faster lock time negates it to the normal non-enhanced lock time).

(If someone else hard counters the ECM, you'll notice your tag-lock is 25% faster.)

Note the soft counter occurs as long as you have them tagged and drops very quickly once the laser no longer touches them.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

If you're using Streaks, I recommend BAP as your first measure as it hard counters (completely stopping their 25% longer lock time) Then use the TAG to accelerate your locks.

LRMs or ATMs you can probably just get by with just the TAG if weight is a concern.

#4 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

If you are in the ecm enemy mechs ecm bubble your tag will not work.
Out side of the ECM bubble your TAG will work.

The size of the ECM bubble depends on the amount of skill points invested into ECM.

That is my understanding
Not 100% so plz feelz feel to correct.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

Not quite. ECM in disrupt mode does three things:
1. It prevents target lock as it reduces the sensor range of enemy systems (not in general, but towards the ECM protected unit) by 30% without skillpoints (75% with both nodes)
2. It increases missile lock on by a significant amount of time
3. It prevents an enemy mech inside the 90m radius ECM bubble from sharing target data. Friendly mechs inside that bubble profit from 1.

Tag now cancels 1. and 2. as long as you hold the beam on the opponent.

#6 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

Note, that if you are running TAG and tag and ECM mech, make sure to press R to lock that target. Just because he's tagged doesn't necessarily mean everyone can see him. (Line of sight limitations.)

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 25 February 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yes. It functions as a soft counter. (Won't disable the 25% increase to time required to lock, but TAG's +25% faster lock time negates it to the normal non-enhanced lock time).

(If someone else hard counters the ECM, you'll notice your tag-lock is 25% faster.)

Note the soft counter occurs as long as you have them tagged and drops very quickly once the laser no longer touches them.

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 27 February 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

If you are in the ecm enemy mechs ecm bubble your tag will not work.
Out side of the ECM bubble your TAG will work.

The size of the ECM bubble depends on the amount of skill points invested into ECM.

That is my understanding
Not 100% so plz feelz feel to correct.

Stopped reading at Homer's post. These two posts are correct as far as I can tell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users