#1 wamX

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

So, I've been around since beta, and ive had very little problems with MWO, but as of recently ive noticed it change in a very poor direction.

Multiple times in the past few days as im loading into maps, not at the ready screen yet but just the map loading screen, my game will crash and claim that a file has been corrupted and to run the MWO repair tool. I run the tool and it comes back with "nothing"? I click resolve issues and then im able to load back into the map usually after 3 min of game time passes, which also has me scared that with this new auto-ban system they rolled out I'm going to get punished for leaving games when my client is corrupted, every time its crashed I've sent the error report as an attempt to have some form of proof of problem.

Also Im getting the "cant resolve patcher" error every few days which is bothering me as well.

I've talked to a few people in game and they said running MWO through steam is a viable solution, but I don't want to risk losing my progress, mechs, loyalty rewards, etc for this account.

Can anyone confirm the steam method/any dev advice out there?

Thanks

#2 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Steam works fine and you will not lose your account. At worst, if you cannot remember your password, they would e-mail your record e-mail address with how to get back in. Your problem I think may be that they recently stopped supporting the old "patcher" or something. Check that you are using the currently supported MWO launcher or from steam and you should be fine.

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:42 AM

If you're using the old patcher you should switch to the new portal. The old mwo patcher has been replace by the portal. You can uninstall the old patcher for the portal which then install,patch and vertifiy mwo. When all that is done mwo should work fine but you'll have to go into options and set them to how you like the game to run since they will go back to default. Running the repair tool usually fixes issues. I tend to not do the check box for the user cfg file so I don't have to redo all my options.

Going steam would probably fix it as well. Since my internet is meh I tend to have my steam set to offline mode. Others with steam can give better info on that end. Your mech stuff should be saved on the mwo server so you won't risk loosing them otherwise I'd have long ago lost all my stuff from client issues causing a full reinstall which I finally got past once I went to the portal.

#4 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

I have been running this game through STEAM as soon as that option became available. The game has been stable. I have had 1 crash to MWO reporter while in MechLab but that happened when I was tabbed out of the game.

#5 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:59 AM

Steam is stable. The game itself seems "gittery" and somehow smaller in scope? I've checked my card setting and even with a new card, something has changed in the games rendering.... A timing issue maybe but everything seems smaller and less precise in detail???

Other than a new card and the associated "whatever" issues, the Steam version hasn't failed yet.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

First, is any part of your system overclocked? What is system specs?

Unfortunately, if the Repair Tool ( did you run it more than once) is not finding any errors, then it is possible your system has flaky memory.. Okay ,unstable or a stick going bad, and/or harddrive issues. the paks have be loaded and unpacked/expanded in system memory. If the expected check sum does not match the error message is generated.

Unstable/bad memory can mean several things. running it overclocked, voltage is off and/or PSU/motherboard not delivering the right amount of voltage, or it is going bad itself.

You can use Windows 10 diagnostic

https://www.windowsc...lems-windows-10

If nothing is discovered then download and run Prime95 blended tortured mode for at least 30 minutes.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 February 2018 - 08:00 PM.

#7 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

What a myriad of responses.
Steam or not, this game is unstable as hell.
Even worse since the patch last week.

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

View PostwamX, on 26 February 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

So, I've been around since beta, and ive had very little problems with MWO, but as of recently ive noticed it change in a very poor direction.

Multiple times in the past few days as im loading into maps, not at the ready screen yet but just the map loading screen, my game will crash and claim that a file has been corrupted and to run the MWO repair tool. I run the tool and it comes back with "nothing"? I click resolve issues and then im able to load back into the map usually after 3 min of game time passes, which also has me scared that with this new auto-ban system they rolled out I'm going to get punished for leaving games when my client is corrupted, every time its crashed I've sent the error report as an attempt to have some form of proof of problem.

Also Im getting the "cant resolve patcher" error every few days which is bothering me as well.

I've talked to a few people in game and they said running MWO through steam is a viable solution, but I don't want to risk losing my progress, mechs, loyalty rewards, etc for this account.

Can anyone confirm the steam method/any dev advice out there?

Thanks

You have it good man..

On my laptop, my whole system freezes so bad I have to power it off.. and then by the time it boots back up and gets into the game, the match is usually over.. I don't even get to send a report..

it's literally like I switch the power off to my system..

This happens 2-3 times a night.. :-(

Edited by Vellron2005, 28 February 2018 - 02:03 AM.

#9 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:49 AM

Even though I'm a Steam user, i had one issue with corrupted files though.

#10 wamX

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:27 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 26 February 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

First, is any part of your system overclocked? What is system specs?

Unfortunately, if the Repair Tool ( did you run it more than once) is not finding any errors, then it is possible your system has flaky memory.. Okay ,unstable or a stick going bad, and/or harddrive issues. the paks have be loaded and unpacked/expanded in system memory. If the expected check sum does not match the error message is generated.

Unstable/bad memory can mean several things. running it overclocked, voltage is off and/or PSU/motherboard not delivering the right amount of voltage, or it is going bad itself.

You can use Windows 10 diagnostic

https://www.windowsc...lems-windows-10

If nothing is discovered then download and run Prime95 blended tortured mode for at least 30 minutes.

Running on an Alienware 17 R4
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @2.80Ghz 4 Cores
16GB Ram
Currently running off of a Solid state hard drive.

Havent had any problems until this last patch

#11 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:42 AM

View PostwamX, on 28 February 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

Running on an Alienware 17 R4
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @2.80Ghz 4 Cores
16GB Ram
Currently running off of a Solid state hard drive.

Havent had any problems until this last patch

Same. Have experienced the odd crash in the past, but since patch crashes have become semi regular. This is easily the most shoddy game I've ever played. I'm honestly worried about what it is doing to the life of my system components. I saved the zip file last night from the crash I got when logging off (new one lol), and it seriously looks as though the UI is built on Flash. If so, are you f$%#ing kidding me? Flash!!:??

Have been playing on Steam for a year plus.
I5-6600K
32 GB ddr 4 3000
1060 6GB
Ssd.

#12 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

this game often crashes if you try to alt tab during loading screens

#13 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:11 AM

View PostKhobai, on 28 February 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

this game often crashes if you try to alt tab during loading screens

yep.
Learned that the hard way. You time it right, it will be less of a hindrance (right after you hit ready, after you select map, and then when match loads up). I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I don't really savor watching a loading screen for five minutes straight when I could be doing something else, like typing out this message.

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 February 2018 - 08:13 AM.

#14 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

2 crashes this morning.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users