Server Conection Loss

5 replies to this topic

#1 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

Ever since the pheonix hawk update ive been losing conneciton to the server randomly. Before the update i had no such problems. Last week i had no problems played fine not a single random dc. However today i had multiple server connection losses. Sometimes it happens in a none worysome situation other times in a middle of a fight. Im not the only one experiencing this problem so please pgi fix the server issues. Something during the pheonix hawk update or recent patches has caused server instability. Its no the majority of players hence threads havent popped up 24/7 its in the minority. If any of you have seen people with 0 ping or disconnected then its definently them losing conneciton to the server.

pgi please fix.

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

I still get that issue. Most the time it's data to-from mwo's server to your pc getting lost or timing out along the internet. Not much you can do about it. Assuming your pc hardware is in fully working order and your isp is very good internet problems are hard to solve given how complex it is. I use to be a T1 at a call center "fixing" internet issues for people. Lots of people mad saying "my internet! fix it!" and it's isn't a simple on-off switch type fix. Surprisingly that is the most common fix is to just reboot the box by unplugging it for five or ten minutes then plugging it in.

0 pingers are still common too. And annoyingly so in skirmish when you have to hunt for it at the spawn when all you have left are a few mechs crawling along al la terminator at 54kph with only a ml or srm 6 left.

#3 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

its weird though as i play other multiplayer games fine without getting dropped randomly. jedi is it possible for a patch to somehow mess something up in a games server?

#4 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

View PostVariant1, on 26 February 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

its weird though as i play other multiplayer games fine without getting dropped randomly. jedi is it possible for a patch to somehow mess something up in a games server?

Yes the patch can some times mess up the game simply by not downloading a file or misplacing it in the wrong directory. Verification like on steam has the game look for missing or misplaced files then try and download them and reinstall them into the proper place. It use to be a running game with my cw unit that on every patch that it isn't what have pgi added to the game but what did they break and how many times am I going to run the repair tool? We had prizes and give aways focused on who repaired or reinstalled the least or most.

To use the steam example I often install play a game and uninstall the game for space to do art work. I also switch between offline and online modes frequently. I install a game right click on it and have steam verify files so I can play the game in offline mode.

Most the time for mwo you can run the repair tool and it will fix things just fine. As a personal preference I leave the last option for the user cfg file unchecked so I don't have to redo all my in-game options such as arm lock always on or cockpit glass that I detest,looks ugly and eats my frame rate for no advantage in game. If you really want to thoroughly 'repair' mwo reboot your computer after running the repair tool. It's an unnecessary step but a few unit members use to do it all the time.

The last resort option is do a full reinstall of the game which depending on your hardware and isp can take a few hours to a day. With net neutrality ending in april in the US it remains to see how isps screw over their customers and how many people stop mwo simply because their isp might charge them out the wazzo for mwo.

Edit: I forgot that you should turn off anti virus on a temporary setting as they can intercept or flag a patch as a potential virus then run the repair tool. run the virus scan on the directory where you store mwo if you want to be the super cautious type. No one in the warpigs unit ever reported a virus from patching mwo or using the repair tool.

Edited by JediPanther, 26 February 2018 - 10:18 AM.

#5 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

thank you jedi for replying, however i ran the mwo repair tool a few days ago so it cant be that since i still lose connection sometimes. have you seen anyone else get disconected in your games other than a unit by any chance?

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostVariant1, on 26 February 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

thank you jedi for replying, however i ran the mwo repair tool a few days ago so it cant be that since i still lose connection sometimes. have you seen anyone else get disconected in your games other than a unit by any chance?

I have, personally. Too many times. Either 0 Ping or Disconnected.

However, some reconnect. I never am able to ask what happened as we're already engaged but, personally I think it's a packet loss issue.

Another game I got into recently, Path of Exiles, has this same issue. But instead of disconnecting the game closes entirely. It's just how the game has it's files setup for loading/sending.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users