• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

OK, is this a dumb idea?

https://mwo.smurfy-n...1aa9ad396d79b78

The idea is to boat as many SHS as possible, such that I can alpha strike over and over again. Should give it considerable pinpoint damage (42 dmg per alpha) and the LMG's are there to take advantage of opened components to crit out weapons.

#2 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

5ERLL may work better.

#3 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 27 February 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

OK, is this a dumb idea?

Yes, poking with a 100 ton mech for 42dmg is bad

#4 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

So I still think this might be fun, I built it and ran it yesterday. Only 3 games so far, but averaged 480 dmg per game, and has a 2-1 K/D so far. I'll do some more testing.

The idea isn't to "poke and trade", it's to just sit there and continuously fire laser blasts. It's heat efficient enough that I can fire off 7-8 alphas (more with coolshots, and will be much more after I get some skills) without needing to cool down. Obviously it won't stand up in a 1v1 fight against a 2x HGR Annihlator, but it does have a longer effective range and isn't ammo dependent.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 16 March 2018 - 09:44 AM.

#5 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 27 February 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

OK, is this a dumb idea?

https://mwo.smurfy-n...1aa9ad396d79b78

The idea is to boat as many SHS as possible, such that I can alpha strike over and over again. Should give it considerable pinpoint damage (42 dmg per alpha) and the LMG's are there to take advantage of opened components to crit out weapons.

The Annihilator lives and dies with two things.

-- Stopping power aka face full of white hot splosions
-- awsome resistance to enemy fire.

Take away one of the two and the magic is gone.

#6 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

It's probably not viable as a competitive mech, but it's kinda fun if you like lasers. Any suggestion on how to build an ANH-1P better?

#7 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

-- UAC5 Build

-- Rotary Build
Alternate right and left arm and enjoy eternal dakka

#8 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

I've run that build before on the ANH-2A, where it does better because it has torso mounted UAC/5's. The main thing I was trying to do with this is to make a viable build that took full advantage of the 5 high (ish) mounts that the 1P has for lasers in the torso. So I'm trying to come up with some kind of energy build for it, with less of a focus on ballistics. If another ANH does the build better, then I'm just going to run it on that one. I've already got favorite builds on the ANH-1X (4x LB10), ANH-1A (2 HGR, 5 ML), and ANH-2A (6 AC5) set up, just looking for something unique for this new one.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 16 March 2018 - 01:15 PM.

#9 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

There are way better platforms to run a LL build, and you can do it just fine with DHS. You can run 4 LL volleys and basically just eat the ghost heat, or chainfire through 4 and have a continuous beam going. There's an old Stalker-4N build like that, but the sustained damage builds have been drastically outclassed by the high damage alphas present now with the Civil War tech (1 clan heavy large has the same damage as a pair of IS LL, for only 4 tons compared to 10, for example).

The only SHS build I recall making work was an Awesome running PPCs and ~42 SHS. It was silly, and could keep firing for long periods of time. However, the ANH has so many other brutal builds that do more DPS and pinpoint damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users