[Poll] Which Weapons Most Need Baseline Tuning?

41 replies to this topic

#1 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

---> POLL HERE <---

This means buffs OR nerfs. If you think a weapon is in dire need of an adjustment either direction, vote for it. Select as many as needed.

Yes, this is related to the whole "community balance" thing, and yes a proper update to that should be coming soon. (sorry for the delays, we've been, ermm... ruminating. And I've been being a potato.)

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

LGR needs help, like taking the charge up off of it.
C-ACs are garbage and need help
Rotary AC2s need help
AC2s and UAC2s need help
Missiles need their nerfs reverted
cSRM4s and 6s need spread reduced significantly
Artemis needs its nerfs reverted
Small lasers and Small pulse lasers need their nerfs reverted and need help
cERSmall lasers need their nerfs reverted, they have longer cycle time than a cLPL
cSPL needs its damage buffed up
LPPC needs help
Rockets need to be removed from the game, there is no way to fix them
ATMs need to have different cool downs for different sized launchers

A lot of weapons need help, otherwise we'll never end the laser vomit meta people have been crying about. All the unnecessary nerfs to EVERY weapon system over the last couple years has driven the community away from other weapons and into laser vomit.

Edited by Xetelian, 27 February 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#3 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

Thank you for having Artemis as its own entry. In my humble opinion, the Artemis nerf was key, along with spread nerfs to specific SRM and LRM systems, that caused MRMs for Inner Sphere and ATMs for Clan to become the new preferred missiles of choice.

Edited by FireStoat, 27 February 2018 - 09:46 PM.

#4 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

I voted I.S. laser vomit combos. The linking of medium and medium pulse ghost heat really hurt the Black Knight.

#5 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

I voted all small lasers. I should have voted IS light gauss, but I forgot about them.

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

I voted for everything

there is something wrong with every weapon in this game

#7 Iain Sumner

• PipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

Clan LRMs. Way too powerful now after the last years updates and tweaks (esp. Skill Tree, AMS changes) compared to IS LRMs

Edited by Iain Sumner, 27 February 2018 - 10:37 PM.

#8 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

View PostIain Sumner, on 27 February 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

Clan LRMs. Way too powerful now after the last years updates and tweaks (esp. Skill Tree, AMS changes) compared to IS LRMs

Lul. Clan lrm are a joke.

#9 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:56 PM

I quit playing for over a year, and I've only been playing again for the last two weeks, so I don't know much about all the new balance issues.

What really bugs me is that MRM10/20/30 and all the ATMs have the same cooldown times. Shouldn't the smaller launchers fire faster like all the other missiles? Did the devs ever explain this?

#10 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 27 February 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

I quit playing for over a year, and I've only been playing again for the last two weeks, so I don't know much about all the new balance issues.

What really bugs me is that MRM10/20/30 and all the ATMs have the same cooldown times. Shouldn't the smaller launchers fire faster like all the other missiles? Did the devs ever explain this?

They might revisit in the future, the difference more importantly with these launchers is the heat generated. By ATMs and MRMs are hotter than their constituent weapons.

#11 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:23 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 28 February 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

They might revisit in the future, the difference more importantly with these launchers is the heat generated. By ATMs and MRMs are hotter than their constituent weapons.

Thank you for the actual response that isn't "because that's just the way it is" Where were you when I posted this?
https://mwomercs.com...cooldown-times/

I tried to figure this out with an entire thread, but everyone just said "reasons". The heat thing actually makes sense, and yes they do get awfully hot- especially with the accompanying weapons you really need to have with them. That would be great if they take an actual look at them instead of just giving them all the same cooldowns. That just seems lazy.

Edited by Diablobo, 28 February 2018 - 12:53 AM.

#12 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:35 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 27 February 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

What really bugs me is that MRM10/20/30 and all the ATMs have the same cooldown times. Shouldn't the smaller launchers fire faster like all the other missiles?

Probably yes.

Their dmg/ton and DPS/ton curves don't make sense the way they are.

But what does make sense is because their recycle times are mostly sync'd, they can be intermixed on builds without running into off-cycle issues. I think it works fairly well for midrange weapons like this - allows you to mix in whatever size launchers your tonnage allows rather than being incentivised to boat just one size launcher.

#13 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

View PostTarogato, on 28 February 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

Probably yes.

Their dmg/ton and DPS/ton curves don't make sense the way they are.

But what does make sense is because their recycle times are mostly sync'd, they can be intermixed on builds without running into off-cycle issues. I think it works fairly well for midrange weapons like this - allows you to mix in whatever size launchers your tonnage allows rather than being incentivised to boat just one size launcher.

Yeah, I agree with the cooldowns being convenient for syncing up different sized launchers, and it's the next best response beside the heat thing. I guess that leaves the question of why don't they do that with the SRM and LRMs?

#14 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

View PostDiablobo, on 28 February 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

Yeah, I agree with the cooldowns being convenient for syncing up different sized launchers, and it's the next best response beside the heat thing. I guess that leaves the question of why don't they do that with the SRM and LRMs?

LRMs, no idea.

SRMs, because the SRM2 would be brokenly underpowered and the SRM6 would be brokenly overpowered. The full-commit playstyle really demands that these weapons put out fast DPS that is appropriately worth their weight and hardpoints. MRMs and ATMs aren't as beholden to their fastest recycle rate, being as they are mostly supposed to be mid-rangey, pokey weapons and aren't dedicated to a full-commit guns-a'blazin' directly in your face playstyle.

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,904 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:30 AM

I voted for anything at the low end of the damage (and) range spectrum (ISSL, SRMS on both sides, LPPCs, PPCs etc.), because I feel like those weapons have no role in the current game, to the extent that I no longer run them AT ALL -not even in stupid niche builds- they are just that bad.

I find most of my old SRM running mechs now run MRMs because there is absolutely no reason to run SRMS (Artemis or otherwise) in this long to mid range game we mostly play now. All my old SPL boats and even my old PPC running mechs with SL backups have been eliminated as I no longer find either weapon has a role in this world of HPPCs, Snubbies, and ERML. Etc. There are probably other weapons in this position (AC5s, RAC2s, etc.) but I tried to limit myself to those that empirically have been totally replaced by something else as opposed to weapons that I just never used in the first place.

#16 Gradnuko

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

ATMs desperately need the minimum range removed. It makes no sense for a weapon that gains damage the closer you are to have a minimum range.

View PostBud Crue, on 28 February 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

I find most of my old SRM running mechs now run MRMs because there is absolutely no reason to run SRMS (Artemis or otherwise) in this long to mid range game we mostly play now.

You're doing it wrong. In my 4 SRM6 bushwacker I won a 1 vs 1 against an Atlas today.

Edited by Plaid Ninja, 28 February 2018 - 03:30 AM.

#17 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:28 AM

Hmm I wonder why do so many people think CAC2 needs to be looked at that much, compared to other weapons. It is a low tonnage investment ballistic that can poke at range with little heat.

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:32 AM

SRMs, because the SRM2 would be brokenly underpowered and the SRM6 would be brokenly overpowered.

who uses just SRM2s though? its very rarely used as a standalone weapon. when people use SRM2s its almost always because theyve already maxed out on SRM4s or SRM6s for ghost heat. And theyre normally slowing the rate of fire on the SRM2s to sync them up with their slower SRM4s or SRM6s anyway.

It sortve does make sense for all launchers to have the same cooldowns to help them sync better.

Obviously the SRM2 would need other advantages like lower heat though.

I find most of my old SRM running mechs now run MRMs because there is absolutely no reason to run SRMS

This. SRMs are ghost heat limited at a lower damage cap. do less dps. they have less range. And theyre less heat efficient.

MRMs overlap way too much with SRMs. x4 SRM6+A should completely dominate x2 MRM30 under 270m. But that isnt the case at all.

MRMs should get faster velocity and tighter spread so theyre better at medium range, but they should also have damage dropoff under 120m. That would make MRMs better at medium range while ensuring SRMs are still dominant at close range.

ATMs should also have damage dropoff under 120m. because 0 damage is BS. ATMs should not do less damage than CLRMs under 120m when the whole point of ATMs is to be better than CLRMs at short range.

Edited by Khobai, 28 February 2018 - 04:00 AM.

#19 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:34 AM

I voted Clan laser vomit range needs lowering a lot..
Small Gauss is too heavy
AC2 LBX2 UAC2 all need to be lighter.. or better.
Artemis across the board needs fixing
Tag needs a toggle..
Narc needs a range enhancement.

IS weapons in general need to be lighter to be competitive..

HMG needs help..

Edited by Samial, 28 February 2018 - 10:48 PM.

#20 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

1.no GH for AC20s
2.15 damage to clan PPC
3.unfuсk lurms
4.get rid of minranges on everything

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users