9 replies to this topic

#1 ramp4ge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:01 PM

Am I the only one noticing this?

I first started noticing a few weeks ago, using a Linebacker with 8 C-HMLs. The game was letting me get 5-6 alphas without overheating the mech. Thinking this was legit, I was happy. Logged out, logged in the next day, overheated the mech after the 2nd alpha..

Okay, weird.

Then I noticed on Grim Plexus, the same build would not show heat being generated for the lasers on the arms. Heat generation showed fine for the lasers in the STs, but not on the arms. This has happened at least 3 times with the Linebacker and with the Cougar.

Getting weirder..

Was playing a game on Mining Collective last night with my Roughneck 1C. The mech was showing 100% heat generation after 1 AC/20 round and 1 burst of 4 MRM10s. It then proceeded to stay at 100% for the rest of the game, but the mech never shut down.

Posted Image

And finally, tonight, I was testing builds on my Nightstar 9P. 2 AC/10s, 2 ERMLs, 1 MRM10. 12 internal DHSs, 2 external DHS.

Video speaks for itself.

All of these issues were resolved by restarting the client. All were game-breaking.

This is really, really weird.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

Minimum viable product.

but yeah, link the thread to bug feedback forums.

Edited by El Bandito, 03 March 2018 - 11:07 PM.

#3 ramp4ge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:16 PM

Reposted in the feedback section. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind before reporting it as an actual bug.

#4 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:55 PM

hax

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:41 AM

View Postramp4ge, on 03 March 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

I first started noticing a few weeks ago, using a Linebacker with 8 C-HMLs. The game was letting me get 5-6 alphas without overheating the mech. Thinking this was legit, I was happy. Logged out, logged in the next day, overheated the mech after the 2nd alpha..

Okay, weird.

Then I noticed on Grim Plexus, the same build would not show heat being generated for the lasers on the arms. Heat generation showed fine for the lasers in the STs, but not on the arms. This has happened at least 3 times with the Linebacker and with the Cougar.

Getting weirder..

Was playing a game on Mining Collective last night with my Roughneck 1C. The mech was showing 100% heat generation after 1 AC/20 round and 1 burst of 4 MRM10s. It then proceeded to stay at 100% for the rest of the game, but the mech never shut down.

The last one has been observed by many enough and for long time now, so it can be considered known bug where I believe it's caused by client not receiving correct heat information from the server. (packet loss or something like it)

It looks really crazy and can make you believe that you can fire indefinetly as you are "not" taking heat damage, while in fact you are just not over heat limit, until you actually are.

The two first bugs I haven't seen mentioned much.

Sure if such bug exists, it's been mentioned right here.
https://mwomercs.com.../262717-really/

But until more credible proof I'm not yet believing it exists.

I have Nova with 8 heavy mediums. I do not alpha it unless Im beat up and surrounded by several enemies in which I can alpha maybe once or twice before either they kill me, or the heat will.

Firing them one arm at time gives me to about 60-70% heat, so considering the burn time and being forced to stagger them a bit, I can fire each twice in about 10 seconds or so, at least on cold map. I would estimeate nova and Linebacker has about the same amount of heatsinks, maybe little less for Nova as it also has some JJs.

Sure there exists some really weird uncommon bugs in the game, like the UAC jamming bug where they could randomly jam without double tapping and only on live game.

Or River City incursion where I've several times tried to sneak into enemy base through the sea, only to be stopped by the pier/breakwater because without JJs you can't climb it up and when I try to practice it on testing ground I always can climb up there with the same mech.

It doesn't make sense how testing grouns behave different to live server but that's how it works.

#6 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:04 AM

Really shows what many of us are dealing with lately.. Thanks for the video evidence if we had come saying this we'd be told to stop lying...

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:10 AM

View Postramp4ge, on 03 March 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Reposted in the feedback section. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind before reporting it as an actual bug.

Should send that to the technical section of support the subject prefix "BUG report."
If there's any methods of recreating it that you noticed, include it as well.

All of these issues were resolved by restarting the client. All were game-breaking.

Are you in the testing grounds doing the spectator camera? Or are you in the squirrel build?

#8 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:39 AM

Started a few months ago for me, I would be shutting down or getting overide damage at 40% heat and this patch my mechs just got hotter in general

#9 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:45 AM

Nope, has been happening to others.

The work around as you mentioned is to restart the client.

It does seem to be triggered by leaving the client running for long periods of time.

It does not seem to be related to connection speed.

Wonky code is wonky?

#10 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:48 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 04 March 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

Started a few months ago for me, I would be shutting down or getting overide damage at 40% heat and this patch my mechs just got hotter in general

About this much hotter? Or the extra 0.8 heat (10 -> 10.8) per ERLL hotter?

Heat Gen Nodes

IS and Clan Heat Gen Nodes now have separate values in the Firepower Tree.

Inner Sphere values remain unchanged.

• -0.75% per Node.
• -10.5% total.

Clan values have been adjusted to the following:

• -0.6% per Node (down from -0.75%).
• -8.4% total.

Edited by Remover of Obstacles, 04 March 2018 - 05:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users