BattleMechs

7 replies to this topic

#1 Krazny Ivan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

I don't know about anyone else who knows about the classic Clan Omni's from the 3050 Technical Handbook. But, I would REALLY like to see them put in the game, the LAST missing Omni-Mech, the Fire Moth / Dasher. They have already solved the implementation of using the MASC in battlemechs in the game, so how about adding that lightly armored speed-demon of a light clan Omni to this game. It really is all about fast recon / hit-n-run strike mech that it is. Most of the variants for this mech cannot really be tweaked up to be as vicious as the Piranha battlemech can be and any increase to armor pulls tonnage from any of it's variant's weapon load-outs.
Also, this mech "is" only a 20 tonner Omni-Mech and all of the variants have their engine ratings locked-out, so they cannot be tweaked using different engines, armor types, or internal structure. I believe it would be an Omni-Mech worth adding. In the original pictures for reference shared the same basic leg structure as the Mist Lynx 25 ton Omni-Mech, so that should lessen the lower body modeling work on this mech to some degree.

I would pre-order this Omni-Mech if it was offered at the same store price as the Flea is currently going for. It would be a nice change to see implemented as another light mech, instead of the majority of the heavier offerings made in the last 6 to 12 months prior to this posting.

Please help me get this design approved for game use in the future of this year!
Thank you everyone for reading this posting and helping to get the production staff and designers to look into adding this Omni-Mech into game-play in the near future of this year of 2018!

#2 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:02 AM

Unless you can fix the speed problem that the Dasher, then it can come in, but that's the only thing really holding this mech back.

#3 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:25 AM

The speed problem could be easily fixed by applying a negative speed quirk to the Fire Moth that brings its max speed down to the MWO engine limit. It would be a heavy handed kludge, but at least we could have the mech so many of us desire. Come to think of it, a two step process would be best.

1. Set Clan MASC I to give a 0% speed boost. It would still be useful for acceleration. This lowers the magnitude of the necessary negative speed quirk but only works until we get another Clan mech that uses MASC I. That that point, I do not know, maybe they make MASC IA and MASC IB.
2. Now the negative speed quirk only has to account for the native speed plus tweak. Fire Moth goes 162 KPH, so 174 with max speed tweak. If the engine max is 170 KPH, you only need about negative 2-3%.

Ya, I would love to go blasting around at 216 KPH with full MASC, but the speed of a mech we never get is zero.

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:32 AM

There is absolutely no reason to add the Dasher when we already have the Piranha.

Whats the point?

Dasher's hardpoints are terrible. Omnimech locked equipment is terrible. Having your top speed penalized is terrible.

#5 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:39 AM

View PostKhobai, on 03 March 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

Whats the point?

MASC and love for the chassis you grognard! Posted Image

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:58 AM

MASC and love for the chassis you grognard!

MASC is pointless if the max speed is capped

#7 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

Speed issue is easy to solve. The Fire Moth, Pack Hunter, and Hellion (and the Howler, but it's incredibly terrible so should be a nonissue) are the only mechs the Clans have that can actually use the MASC MK1. Well, and the Snow Fox, but that's a quad. I know, I know, JV, I want them too, but... being realistic here.

With speed tweak, the Fire Moth moves 174.15. Simply assign a 0% speed boost to the MASC MK1. MASC is not, in MWO, used primarily for speed. It's used for rapid acceleration and deceleration. If the engine can handle it, make that a 5% speed boost (putting it at 182.85 kph), because why not? However, with the advent of the Flea and MASC, the new top speed within the game engine we're looking at is: 177 kph.

Alternatively, make a new MASC grade for the Clans, a MASC MK-0, and only assign it to 20 ton mechs, while leaving MASC MK1 alone for future additions, such as the before mentioned Hellion.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 March 2018 - 08:03 AM.

#8 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

Speed issue is easy to solve. The Fire Moth, Pack Hunter, and Hellion (and the Howler, but it's incredibly terrible so should be a nonissue) are the only mechs the Clans have that can actually use the MASC MK1. Well, and the Snow Fox, but that's a quad. I know, I know, JV, I want them too, but... being realistic here.

With speed tweak, the Fire Moth moves 174.15. Simply assign a 0% speed boost to the MASC MK1. MASC is not, in MWO, used primarily for speed. It's used for rapid acceleration and deceleration. If the engine can handle it, make that a 5% speed boost (putting it at 182.85 kph), because why not? However, with the advent of the Flea and MASC, the new top speed within the game engine we're looking at is: 177 kph.

Alternatively, make a new MASC grade for the Clans, a MASC MK-0, and only assign it to 20 ton mechs, while leaving MASC MK1 alone for future additions, such as the before mentioned Hellion.

Another option is the removal of masc entirely for another ton of armor leaving the Firemoth with still it's nearly 7 tons of pod space (though you'd prolly sacrifice another ton of that to round out the armor leaving you with 6 tons)

It would be nice to see the full speed bursts though...

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 03 March 2018 - 08:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users