Trial By Fire Event And Sale

320 replies to this topic

#301 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostIdToaster, on 15 March 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Not you. Trying to talk people out of following your 'advice' so they don't buy a mech solely for a single challenge if they don't already want it.

Just so you know, I did NOT want a Dragon at the current time. I did, however, want the Camo, just in case I would happen to want a Dragon in the future. But, seeing as I couldn't get KMDDs with the Trial Version, in part because consumables and skills are unavailable for use, I broke down and went looking for one. I then came to find that if someone wants to do something impressive, actually acquiring a Dragon to outfit as would be wanted/needed happens to be a necessity. So now one occupies my Mech Stables, and it has served me well so far, never to be sold away as selling isn't worth doing. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "The purchase was reluctant, but worthwhile." Devnull

#302 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 16 March 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I really thought that black jack trial mech with its 20 ac would be an easy thing but it's a grind and well I am bringing out my good mechs for lucky charms party.

All in all I did not do everything but I got skins for the mechs I own, added one or two to my hanger and I am quite satisfied .

You might want to purchase a BlackJack from the In-Game Store for yourself, and keep it for the future. You may find being able to design one of your own will enable you to complete the challenge and find a design worth keeping that you had not thought of before. Plus, it will give you new options as you move forward with other challenges. Remember, Trial Mechs can't fit your piloting style, but ones that you own can be made to do so. :)

~Mr. D. V. "Just had to do the same with a Dragon, and will be doing so for the BlackJack as well." Devnull

#303 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 March 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

You might want to purchase a BlackJack from the In-Game Store for yourself, and keep it for the future. You may find being able to design one of your own will enable you to complete the challenge and find a design worth keeping that you had not thought of before. Plus, it will give you new options as you move forward with other challenges. Remember, Trial Mechs can't fit your piloting style, but ones that you own can be made to do so. :)

~Mr. D. V. "Just had to do the same with a Dragon, and will be doing so for the BlackJack as well." Devnull

I don't want a black jack ever . To me its one very ugly mech . Just Trying to score a cool million cbills for free.

Sad thing is I bought a dragon and yet , I found the trial dragon just as adequate if not more and unlike my dragon made full use of all its armour .

#304 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

Over 100 assists but only 7 KMDDs in KCG, **** this event and it's teams.

#305 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:49 PM

View PostVXJaeger, on 16 March 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Over 100 assists but only 7 KMDDs in KCG, **** this event and it's teams.

That's not a "team" issue, that's a "you" issue. You just aren't doing the damage fast enough. What do you have on your KGC?

#306 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:27 AM

If I had to guess, he's using the trial one. UACs on trial mechs without quirks is suboptimal.

#307 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

I gave up, can't deal with PUG-idiots anymore.

#308 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:42 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 17 March 2018 - 04:42 AM, said:

I gave up, can't deal with PUG-idiots anymore.

I get how you feel. If it weren't for the Available Reward of something more than just mere (C-Bills), such as the Urban Block Camo, I would have given up after finishing what I easily could. Lack of good stuff would have meant that I did not worry about several Chassis, which include ones that I own and ones that I just added to my stocks. Right now, I feel like a puppy who has been battered and stabbed a whole bunch of times. Hell, I earn my way up to 'Tier 2', and then end up feeling like I've totally lost my touch. I think part of this pain is because PGI kept nerfing things in ways that they shouldn't have, and part of it is because MWO's Community seems to be more and more incapable of working together. :(

~D. V. "I'm sure this game was not meant to leave people feeling that way." Devnull

#309 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:09 AM

I completed the event today, after opting to bite the bullet and get an ACH for C-Bills. 6xHMG and 2xHML with skilled ECM works much better than the 6xERSL and unskilled ECM on the trial.

I'm definitely keeping the little bugger.

Edited by Horseman, 17 March 2018 - 06:10 AM.

#310 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:00 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 16 March 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

View PostTrennbull, on 16 March 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 March 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

View PostTrennbull, on 16 March 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

What is going on? KMDD are broken now?!! Can anyone confirm?

Eh... what are you talking about? Posted Image

~D. V. "Confusing, much?" Devnull

I had some games now with surely solo kills (besides normal fight also had one DC) and it did not show the KMDD.

Known issue. Matt already stopped by and informed us that a proper fix would require downtime, so they reduced the number of KMDD instead. It seems you must get the KMDD but not the kill in order for it to register. Maybe I'm wrong though, as I'm not making an attempt on this event and haven't been tracking my stats as a result.

ATTENTION!!! I'VE FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

PGI blew it with a massive coding error. Unless another Teammate deals damage to a single target as well, the KMDD for a Solo Kill will FAIL to register, and therefore the Solo Kill as well. I just got screwed out of an Event KMDD because of this nasty bug! I hope this is fixed with the Next Patch, as this is wrong for PGI to do to their Community! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "Nasty Hidden Bug slipping in? FAIL!!!" Devnull

#311 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 March 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

ATTENTION!!! I'VE FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

PGI blew it with a massive coding error. Unless another Teammate deals damage to a single target as well, the KMDD for a Solo Kill will FAIL to register, and therefore the Solo Kill as well. I just got screwed out of an Event KMDD because of this nasty bug! I hope this is fixed with the Next Patch, as this is wrong for PGI to do to their Community! Posted Image
That would explain my experience with the Jenner in the first phase.

#312 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

IS that it?

I have had a few targets where I was certain it would be a KMDD but didn't get anything. Was wondering if it could be a bugged?

Still doing okay, though I have to finish all the Clan mechs this weekend. And I need one more KMDD on my Panther.

#313 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 17 March 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

IS that it?

I have had a few targets where I was certain it would be a KMDD but didn't get anything. Was wondering if it could be a bugged?

Still doing okay, though I have to finish all the Clan mechs this weekend. And I need one more KMDD on my Panther.

Yep I'm getting the same thing. Solo'd a few mechs and stripped them before them dying and getting nothing. Also hit reg has gone to pot too.

Edited by mad kat, 18 March 2018 - 02:40 PM.

#314 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

It might not be a 100% thing cuz recently during the trial by fire events, I recall a solo kill where I got the KMDD along with it. Either way glad it's fixed soon.

#315 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

I tried. I tried so hard. But Phase 2 defeated me.

Got 6/8 done, missing only on the Ryoken and Hankyu.

Was working on the Ryoken and had just got my first KMDD with it when the event expired. Ah well.

Next time, Gadget. Next time.

#316 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

Well... I managed to finish 'Phase 2' in time, but only barely... Had to use the Sale to pick up several Chassis Variants, but didn't get to pick up anything more than just what was needed... Was forced yet again by Real Life to let some things slip, rather regrettably... Also ended up with my (C-Bill) Wallet effectively drained again... I thought we were supposed to be able to earn from Events? *facedesk* -_-

~D. V. "Beyond sick of missing wanted things on Sale Sets..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 20 March 2018 - 12:35 AM.

#317 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:43 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 March 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

Well... I managed to finish 'Phase 2' in time, but only barely... Had to use the Sale to pick up several Chassis Variants, but didn't get to pick up anything more than just what was needed... Was forced yet again by Real Life to let some things slip, rather regrettably... Also ended up with my (C-Bill) Wallet effectively drained again... I thought we were supposed to be able to earn from Events? *facedesk* Posted Image

~D. V. "Beyond sick of missing wanted things on Sale Sets..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought.]

The only way you could have made a tidy profit is to only play with trial mechs and those mechs in your hangar which probably means you would have completed less . Its profit or the prestige of doing everything .
Anyways good on you for hanging in there till the end . I probably could have done more ........Now to count my profits .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 20 March 2018 - 12:58 AM.

#318 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:04 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 20 March 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

How can you say you finished phase two if you let some things slip ? Anyways good on you for hanging in there till the end .

By "let some things slip", I was referring to anything I would have desired to pick up from the Sale. Major emphasis on "desired" there. Basically, I had to use the Sale to help complete Challenges where I couldn't do it with the Trial Mechs or anything I already had on-hand in my own Mech Stables. Ultimately, I completed the Challenges, but only at major drain to myself that stopped me from picking up things I desired to have. The set of Urban Block Camos will be rather fun to have and use, and I'm very thankful to have earned them through an Event. I just simply still wish it hadn't come at such an expense that stopped my picking up other Chassis Variants which I don't have an instance of at this time. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go a while longer, particularly with the Clan IIC Mechs. *facedesk* -_-

~D. V. "I was trying not to be too verbose with my last post. Sorry for the confusion!" Devnull

#319 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

PGI thanks. 7 out of 8. I just could not find the right mix of weapons and playstyle for the Blackjack. No one to blame but myself. I do hope the Kill/KMMD is fixed for the future. I id get far more kills than KMMDs.

#320 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

View PostPanzerTC, on 20 March 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

PGI thanks. 7 out of 8. I just could not find the right mix of weapons and playstyle for the Blackjack. No one to blame but myself. I do hope the Kill/KMMD is fixed for the future. I id get far more kills than KMMDs.

BJ-1X with 8xML (grouped 6+2) and BJ-2 with 4xSSRM-6. The latter is stupidly easy to do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users