48 replies to this topic

#21 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 March 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Unfortunately, we're having a bit of an "(MC) Dry Spell" in regard to Events, and all indications I'm getting point to someone at PGI having a problem with me and Previous Event Reviews that I've done. Sadly, there has been no post to say otherwise, so my fear is confirmed.

"A is not confirmed therefore B is confirmed" 10/10 logic.

#22 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

Okay, nice to know. I think I will pick up a Nightstar myself, just to make someone hate me in the morning after I remove them from a match, at the end of a good laser selection process.

#23 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

View Postdr3dnought, on 07 March 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

"A is not confirmed therefore B is confirmed" 10/10 logic.

good old "Affirming the Consequent"

one of the stupidest ways to attempt to argue.

#24 HansonTheory

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hi new player her e1-2 weeks .I am interested in mabey getting warhammer 6r or timberwolf as a heavy first meck buy.NOt totaly sure even about lights or mediums cause well .. Running a 4 gig labtop and a turtle probly drives better than i do . Would it be better to buy 1 of these newer mecks or next months. I probly prefer lazer vomit because id just die to early with nething else

#25 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

View PostHansonTheory, on 07 March 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hi new player her e1-2 weeks .I am interested in mabey getting warhammer 6r or timberwolf as a heavy first meck buy.NOt totaly sure even about lights or mediums cause well .. Running a 4 gig labtop and a turtle probly drives better than i do . Would it be better to buy 1 of these newer mecks or next months. I probly prefer lazer vomit because id just die to early with nething else

Timber isn't good now, Hellbringer works way better. Warhammer, Grasshopper and I'd say Thunderbolt are fine laservomiters for Inner Sphere. Hunchback-IIC (clan) or Hunchback-4P (sphere) are solid medium laservomit choices.

#26 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostMrKvola, on 07 March 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

I hate to break it to you, but your reviews are inconsequential.

Posted Image

#27 HansonTheory

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:05 AM

is hellbring an omni pod something or other?? and isnt it an assault?

Also what about the next mecks for cbils coming out?

#28 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:10 AM

View PostHansonTheory, on 08 March 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

is hellbring an omni pod something or other?? and isnt it an assault?

Also what about the next mecks for cbils coming out?

Hellbringer's a 65t Clan heavy, can mount ECM, tons of lasers and features pretty high mounts for those lasers too. Armour's a bit lacking and it's hitboxes aren't godlike, but no one can deny that it's a solid 'mech. Just don't face tank with it too much.

Alternatively there's the Linebacker, same tonnage, same tech base but drops ECM, is more squat and works better from what I've seen as a brawler. Helps that the thing moves 97kph as opposed to the HB's 81. It's all about taste.

Edited by Jaspbo1, 08 March 2018 - 02:14 AM.

#29 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:06 AM

View PostJaspbo1, on 08 March 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

Spoiler

He said he cant manouver so hellbringer better choice than linebacker.

If you want clan laser hellbringer or ebon jag or hunchback iic - a (1st 2 are omni, meaning you can swap components/harpoints to also do ballistic builds on both mechs, (or a missile build on ebon jag not reccomended) 3rd is either a laser boat or a PPC poptart.

If you want to play Inner Sphere laser vomit, Warhammer you mentioned or Mjolnir hero Grasshopper or black knight or Battlemaster 1G or 2C or the 7 laser hardpoints Banshee, in that order best to worst imho.

I dont think the 2 new mechs are anything Special because I haven't seen them around a huge amount but not sure.

#30 HansonTheory

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

THANKS for in put .Kinda pissed that timberwolf is in such a bad spot. Insult to the franchise you ask me

#31 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

View PostHansonTheory, on 08 March 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

THANKS for in put .Kinda pissed that timberwolf is in such a bad spot. Insult to the franchise you ask me

Well it was very strong for a long time. The engine desync hurt it, but perhaps it will get fixed in the near future. Also it got some help with the recent tweaks to the skill tree. But still it could be in a better place.

PGI, the Timber Wolf definitely needs a rebalance. Could we please get one?

#32 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

I wouldn't say bad. It's still a serviceable 'mech and damage can be done with it with the right tricks. Heck, it's still better than a fair few Clan 'mechs and with ATM's you can't go wrong. But for laser vomit, yeah you'd probably be better in a HBR or Linebacker.

#33 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

The Timber Wolf is 1-2 steps short on maneuverability (accel & linked stats) from where it should be.
Tweak that and I think it's OK. It handles like a 90 tonner right now.

The ACW-1 (9x SRM2) is a beast! Really fun, as long as I can get within 270 meters, not get focused down, and retreat when I start running hot. It's also not as maneuverable as my Cicada or Shadow Cat...feels more like a medium. It's fun but balanced with a couple of severe weaknesses. It doesn't seem as fragile as I expected, so it must have decent hitboxes.

Edited by Jonathan8883, 08 March 2018 - 01:17 PM.

#34 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

The Franchise existed long before the Timber Wolf.

Or the clans. deal with it.

#35 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Probably gonna give the Arctic Wolf a spin,

Posted Image just love em!

#36 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 08 March 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

The Franchise existed long before the Timber Wolf.

Or the clans. deal with it.

The Timber Wolf was the first clan mech in a (described) fight with the inner sphere (Vladimir vs. Phaelan), so for me it will always have a special place in my heart. Posted Image

#37 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:24 AM

View PostDoctor Dinosaur, on 08 March 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

The Timber Wolf was the first clan mech in a (described) fight with the inner sphere (Vladimir vs. Phaelan), so for me it will always have a special place in my heart. Posted Image

I'm aware. fact remains it isn't really an "insult to the franchise" for a mech to not be better at everything. Timby's always been a solid mech, and still is. it's just not an ace at everything. though.. if we're going for iconic mechs, the Marauder's got it beat.

#38 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:01 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 09 March 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

I'm aware. fact remains it isn't really an "insult to the franchise" for a mech to not be better at everything. Timby's always been a solid mech, and still is. it's just not an ace at everything. though.. if we're going for iconic mechs, the Marauder's got it beat.

I mean, your Marauder's cool and all. But truly this isn't a Battletech game without the OG MACKIE BABBBBY. No room for debate here. ;D
Posted Image

#39 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:37 AM

View PostJaspbo1, on 09 March 2018 - 04:01 AM, said:

I mean, your Marauder's cool and all. But truly this isn't a Battletech game without the OG MACKIE BABBBBY. No room for debate here. ;D

<<<Image from https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/221241345753219072/421638589110157312/1446417181855.jpg>>>

I'm sorry, but I do not want a Mech whose guns poke from right between the legs. -_-

~D. V. "That mech's design is gross... YUCK!" Devnull

#40 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:38 AM

well, if we're on the topic of mechs we like, always had a soft sport for the Mangonel. it's the Hollander's big brother. two near-center-line Clan Gauss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users