11 replies to this topic

#1 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Since the release of new weapons and the time to get used to them, is it time for new campion versions of mechs?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

Yes, I also want old IS champion mechs to be revamped with new tech, namely LFE.

#3 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

Long past time, actually. We should have seen another wave of newteched Trials for people to use a month ago or more.

#4 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

Long overdue. Not only with a tech upgrade, but for new chassis.

#5 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:26 AM

And ammo added to safer areas

#6 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:14 AM

Oh God, NO............ We need less to buy and more to play. Quality versus Quantity for heavens sake. We are in the mess we are because whales 'buy anything and everything" PGI offers....

#7 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:31 AM

Catapult with 4 ballistics please. :P

#8 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostAsym, on 08 March 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

Oh God, NO............ We need less to buy and more to play. Quality versus Quantity for heavens sake. We are in the mess we are because whales 'buy anything and everything" PGI offers....

Yes, because having additional trials for new players is a bad idea. Totally. Nobody will disagree with you on that one.

/s in case you thought that, for once, somebody might agree with your mindless drivel.

#9 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:40 AM

They need to revamp all of those mechs, and it needs to be done in a way that they are actually viable mechs for brand new players. Good builds, with ST nodes applied. Not lore/bracket build BS.

Talk to good players so that new folks can field a proper build that won't get them instantly face melted. (maybe the folks you use in the 1v1 highlight nights, IE denairwalker). If when the meta shifts old meta is still good, so give them something that will allow them to assimilate into the actual game play environment.
Example - not one, but two HBRs for clan trials/champs. One with ECM ST but hotter build. One with F ST for - heat quirk. Let them experiment with the differences without being shoehorned into 2lpl 3erm that's too hot for a new player to use properly.

#10 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

View PostSeranov, on 08 March 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

Yes, because having additional trials for new players is a bad idea. Totally. Nobody will disagree with you on that one.

/s in case you thought that, for once, somebody might agree with your mindless drivel.

Ah, my mindless drivel is rather expensive in the existing markets I work in....considering I retired in the 1990's....and lecture and write professionally in and on, of all things: technology innovation and cultures.... Adaptive Friction and several cultural paradox's.....

I'm sorry you don't like what I write....and, I'm old enough not to find fault with what you've written..... I guess, I come from a different culture and a different generation of players....we see the world differently and what we write sometimes infers that the readers are intuitive enough to relate.....a by-product of actually creating, coding, testing and developing videogames before there were commercial video games (I'm a bit older than most...) Sometimes, not I guess. Apologies.

Edited by Asym, 08 March 2018 - 09:26 AM.

#11 Ted Maul

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostSeranov, on 08 March 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

Wow. What an unpleasant response. Any particular reason why you thought that was necessary?

#12 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostAsym, on 08 March 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Ah, my mindless drivel is rather expensive in the existing markets I work in....considering I retired in the 1990's....and lecture and write professionally in and on, of all things: technology innovation and cultures.... Adaptive Friction and several cultural paradox's...

I think you need to be taken down a few pegs, considering you are nothing to me but another bot at a keyboard. Whatever 'job' or 'status' you have IRL doesn't really make me any more sympathetic to you saying something so stupid. In other words, get with the times.

Now, onto a more respectful way to counter whatever you said about Champions being more money dumps, I'm not quite sure you realize that all Trial Mechs are Champion Mechs. You know, the free machines that new players get to use? For that whole "Player retention" thing? That's what Trials are built for; For new players to know how to use weapons and know how to play the game, so they aren't stuck driving a Hunchback when they first jump into a new match.

tl;dr if you can't take someone being downright hostile; The Champion Mechs aren't just cash grabs. They function as the trial machines for new players so they can get a feel for the game.

Edited by Catten Hart, 08 March 2018 - 11:51 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users