Shadowcat Masc And Jj Bug

9 replies to this topic

#1 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

On my SHadowcat whenever i press Jumpjet and masc button at the same time some of my comands get stuck.

My jumpjet fuel stops charging, if it does recharge it gets used up imediately making me jump as high as the fuel lasts.

Sometimes one of my directions also gets stuck and i keep spinning in one direction....

only happens on my SHadowcat.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edited by Darky101, 12 March 2018 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

I would guess your keyboard doesn't handle pushing those particular keys at the same time.

#3 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

Possible.
JJ is left shift
Masc is Left ALT
Still I don't see any reason why

#4 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I have this issue too for a while now. Strange thing is, when I press the chat button to bring up the text box, the stuck button isn't causing any text to appear, making me think that it's not a HW problem. Also, it fixes itself by quitting out to the mechlab and then rejoining the game (again making it less likely to be a HW problem since it does not persist across matches while the HW remains the same). I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard while in the same match and it doesn't fix the problem (again more reason to think it's not a HW problem). It doesn't happen very often (maybe I get it once a month or two), so probably a race condition.

It could be that a keyup/keydown event is being ignored when a certain sequence of events happen. It seems to happen with a combination of masc and jj usage and may be related to what keys you use (I use Lshift for masc and space for jj). Don't know how to precisely replicate it though.

Edited by fat4eyes, 12 March 2018 - 02:33 PM.

#5 Spyco94

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

When was the last time you cleaned your keyboard? Might be related to that.

#6 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

Definitely not hardware related.
My pc is cleaner then most dinner plates.

#7 sharknoise

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:32 AM

I have the same or similar. Space for jj, alt for masc. What happens is SHC starts moving forward endlessly and I have to press S for it to stand still.

#8 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Sounds like the bug with MS Windows where, even with Sticky Keys function disabled, one key that was pressed or held down along with others decides to "stick" until pressed again. Kinda like when you're moving forward in-game using the W key, and when you stop pressing it, it keeps going forward as though you are still holding the button down. This has nothing to do with Sticky Keys, but a bug in Windows that I've never heard anyone find a fix to (including Microsoft).

What is happening is your computer thinks you are still holding down your JJ button, causing you to keep them activated. If you were to open Notepad, you wouldn't see the key acting like it's stuck printing characters on the screen by itself, despite the game acting as though it is being used. This bug has been around for years, and affects multiple Windows OSs. I remember it back in XP, Vista, Windows 7, and I've heard about people having it happen in Windows 8(.1), and Windows 10.

It can happen to any key you press. Once enough keys are in play, the last one / next one you press will get hit by the bug, and the only way to stop it is to hit that key again. If you're going forward and it keeps going after you let go, hitting the reverse key will only cancel out the forward button. Same for left right. Easy solution, but irritating, especially if the button getting stuck is something like your JJ button. This seems to only happen to the keyboard...never seen it happen legitimately to a mouse button.

Edited by Gen Lee, 13 March 2018 - 04:00 AM.

#9 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:16 AM

View Postsharknoise, on 13 March 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

I have the same or similar. Space for jj, alt for masc. What happens is SHC starts moving forward endlessly and I have to press S for it to stand still.

I get this too but only if I have a joystick plugged in to the computer. Apparently the throttle on game controllers will over ride your keyboard under some circumstances. It can also cause the Mech to start walking forward as soon as it drops from the drop ship.

Also never use jump jets and MASC at the same time. You get no benifit what so ever and MASC actually prevents the Mech from turning while in the air. MASC before takeoff to gain additional speed for jump distance. MASC when you land to turn or get back up to speed quickly. Just don't MASC in the air.

#10 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostSeventhSL, on 13 March 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

Also never use jump jets and MASC at the same time. You get no benifit what so ever and MASC actually prevents the Mech from turning while in the air. MASC before takeoff to gain additional speed for jump distance. MASC when you land to turn or get back up to speed quickly. Just don't MASC in the air.

I believe there is some benefit.

https://www.reddit.c...asc_fixed_typo/

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 16 March 2018 - 10:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users