Lucky Charms 2018

171 replies to this topic

#161 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:25 AM

Remindsm e again that FP ihas never gotten the attention from PGI.

But it anoys me that get put away from FP once i have done a game.
Can't we just go backto the faction play Area.

Ps: i guess ith the new mode and maps comin up, it was allready a sign that FP is was it is and never get's improved to hat it could be.

#162 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

I want to get back to FP. I just need to get all four Clan Mechs or Omnimechs optimized.

#163 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:51 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 24 March 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

I want to get back to FP. I just need to get all four Clan Mechs or Omnimechs optimized.

Are any of them 55 Tons or lighter? If so, take them to Scouting and quickly collect some of what you need there. ^_^

As for the ones that are 60 Tons or heavier, you can still take them into Invasion. Just make sure to explain to your team that the Mech is NOT fully skilled, and that you'll probably have to run more of a Support-type role. Then don't try to outright 'facetank' the enemy. You should be reasonably alright after that. :)

You don't have to block yourself from Faction-based battles due to Non-Mastered Mechs. B)

~D. V. "There's more hope for you than what you had realized." Devnull

#164 CptnHero

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

Nice event. People running around in scouting with streaks. Not to kill or win, just to get max damage for the 100 match score.

Edited by CptnHero, 25 March 2018 - 07:38 AM.

#165 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 March 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

Are any of them 55 Tons or lighter? If so, take them to Scouting and quickly collect some of what you need there. Posted Image

As for the ones that are 60 Tons or heavier, you can still take them into Invasion. Just make sure to explain to your team that the Mech is NOT fully skilled, and that you'll probably have to run more of a Support-type role. Then don't try to outright 'facetank' the enemy. You should be reasonably alright after that. Posted Image

You don't have to block yourself from Faction-based battles due to Non-Mastered Mechs. Posted Image

No you don't, but it still feels like trying to race a Yugo against a Ferrari when you do it.

Me personally, I'm not bringing any more new mechs without at least 21 skill nodes unlocked. Unless it's a stupid cool ballistic build.

#166 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostCptnHero, on 25 March 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

Nice event. People running around in scouting with streaks. Not to kill or win, just to get max damage for the 100 match score.
And the sad thing is... 100 match score doesn't take streaks or ATMs. All you need for it in Scouting is crank out 200 damage, even on a loss.

#167 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

View PostCptnHero, on 25 March 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

You've had different mileage than me. I've been seeing a real smattering of Non-SSRM, Non-Missile, and generally Non-Locking Weapons. Mostly ballistics/lasers/SRMs, and a real lack of LRM/ATM/MRM/SSRM weaponry usage. I think some Cooldowns, Spread Values, and Velocity Values are in need of tweaking... Possibly even a tiny Optimal Range Boost on the Baseline for LRMs/ATMs. Some weapons have been left to suck where they should not, and AMS is too strong by comparison. :(

Worse thing is, even though I've been putting everything I've got into battles during this Event, Inner Sphere 55-Ton Mechs are just Way Too OverPowered. Clans just don't have anything strong enough yet at the 55-Ton Weight Level. No, I'm NOT asking for some 'Titan of a Mech', just for the Clans' Mechs to have balance against what are apparently stronger Inner Sphere Mech counterparts. I'm getting this unshakeable feeling of bias against Clans right now, and I don't like it. :unsure:

~D. V. "Feeling like there's a glaring hole in Faction Battle Balance..." Devnull

#168 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:19 PM

ATMs don't suck, if they seem to then the issue exists in the pilot seat.

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 March 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Worse thing is, even though I've been putting everything I've got into battles during this Event, Inner Sphere 55-Ton Mechs are just Way Too OverPowered. Clans just don't have anything strong enough yet at the 55-Ton Weight Level. No, I'm NOT asking for some 'Titan of a Mech', just for the Clans' Mechs to have balance against what are apparently stronger Inner Sphere Mech counterparts. I'm getting this unshakeable feeling of bias against Clans right now, and I don't like it. Posted Image
I've ran through all of my loot bags... both IS and Clans have effective builds and effective team metas. ATMs work very well if you spread out so that the IS group can't close in on one of you without getting torn apart by the others, alternatively pair off with short range brawlers (LB40 hunchbacks, SRM/SSRM boats)

#169 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:54 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 March 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

Are any of them 55 Tons or lighter? If so, take them to Scouting and quickly collect some of what you need there. ^_^

As for the ones that are 60 Tons or heavier, you can still take them into Invasion. Just make sure to explain to your team that the Mech is NOT fully skilled, and that you'll probably have to run more of a Support-type role. Then don't try to outright 'facetank' the enemy. You should be reasonably alright after that. :)

You don't have to block yourself from Faction-based battles due to Non-Mastered Mechs. B)

View PostDFM, on 25 March 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

No you don't, but it still feels like trying to race a Yugo against a Ferrari when you do it.

Me personally, I'm not bringing any more new mechs without at least 21 skill nodes unlocked. Unless it's a stupid cool ballistic build.

I have a Storm Crow Prime, Sun Spider Vanquish,a Hellbringer(variant?),and a Loyalty Kit Fox I need to skill. I have a Linebacker Redline, a Timberwolf-S, Orion llC Skool,Highlander llC, as well as several Direwolves ready.

#170 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 March 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Inner Sphere 55-Ton Mechs are just Way Too OverPowered. Clans just don't have anything strong enough yet at the 55-Ton Weight Level.

Remind me again which side had the 55-tonner so strong in scouting they got dropped to 50 tons for months?

#171 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:14 AM

Totals for the FP loot bags:
4x 1 Day Active Premium Time
3x 5 MC
1x 10 MC
3x 15 MC
5x 25 MC
4x 30 MC
2x 40 MC
2x 45 MC
3x 50 MC
3x 50K C-Bills
3x 62.5K C-Bills
3x 75K C-Bills
4x 87.5K C-Bills
9x 100K C-Bills
8x 112.5K C-Bills
4x 100 GXP
11x 200 GXP
1x 300 GXP
1x 400 GXP
4x 500 GXP
1x MC Air Strike
2x MC Artillery
4 x MC UAV
2x MC Cool Shot
1x Cockpit Hanging - AIR FRESHENER
1x Cockpit Hanging - FOUR-LEAF CLOVER
1x Cockpit Mounted - ENVIOUS EARDRUM
1x Cockpit Mounted - GREEN LIGHTS
4x Cockpit Standing - Green Beer
1x Cockpit Standing - Luminglass
2x Cockpit Standing - MWO logo Stein
1x Cockpit Standing - Pot of Gold
1x Cockpit Standing - VITRIC FORGE GREEN STAR
Total:
4 days premium
635 MC ( 23 bags, avg 27.6 MC )
2.71M C-Bills ( 30 bags, avg 90K )
5300 GXP ( 21 bags, avg 252.4 GXP )
13 cockpit items
9 consumables

#172 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:11 AM

View PostHorseman, on 26 March 2018 - 03:14 AM, said:

Totals for the FP loot bags:
4x 1 Day Active Premium Time
3x 5 MC
1x 10 MC
3x 15 MC
5x 25 MC
4x 30 MC
2x 40 MC
2x 45 MC
3x 50 MC