Small Changes In Mind, Micro Lasers Bumped To 10 For Ghost Heat?

8 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:34 AM

Seeing paul was talking about ideas that had the thinking of small steps.. How about this one?

Micro ERSL and Micro SPL's get bumped to groups of 10 from 8. Is this something that should be done? I've been playing with them on my PIR's and the more i use them, the more i think they really need a larger grouping, so why not +2?

Edited by JC Daxion, 17 March 2018 - 04:21 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:36 AM

Micro lasers' GH limit is already at 8.

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 March 2018 - 03:36 AM, said:

Micro lasers' GH limit is already at 8.

sorry,, i meant 10.. got confused with ERSL's

another thing though, if you mix in larger lasers it goes to the lower number, so 6 micros, and 1 Small, gives ghost heat but that is another issue, so huge heat spikes, despite small amount of damage increase. I will edit post though.. and it makes me wish for Power draw yet again.

Edited by JC Daxion, 17 March 2018 - 04:29 AM.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

Got some ideas on micros and how to make them unique...but don’t want to get into a Forum war with someone who just wants to argue with me.

Problem I see is they won’t make any noticeable changes. Then we have a month before they get a chance to make further minuscule changes (like .25 heat buffs). It should be pretty obvious on the spreadsheets to see a number of people switching over to test load outs, then switched back to the ERSL, within a couple of weeks time. Maybe if they let the balance changes happen more often. Right now, a month in between baby steps is not helping.

#5 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 17 March 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Got some ideas on micros and how to make them unique...but don’t want to get into a Forum war with someone who just wants to argue with me.

Problem I see is they won’t make any noticeable changes. Then we have a month before they get a chance to make further minuscule changes (like .25 heat buffs). It should be pretty obvious on the spreadsheets to see a number of people switching over to test load outs, then switched back to the ERSL, within a couple of weeks time. Maybe if they let the balance changes happen more often. Right now, a month in between baby steps is not helping.

I have to agree. Small, incremental changes are fine for dialing things in, but it seems to create more animosity due to the monthly release schedule. It would be nice to see a commitment towards the issue by PGI opening up an ongoing PTS session (to cycle and test iterations) with an intent to move to a bi-monthly (or even weekly) release schedule to speed up the process to get things on a more positive note in a quick manner. Run that out for a month or 2 and we could probably have a good baseline for fun, varied and competitive weapons again (across the spectrum of types).

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:14 AM

microlasers shouldnt have a ghost heat limit AT ALL.

allowing microlasers to do 40 damage alphas at absurdly short range on a pirahna is hardly going to break the game.

considering we already have 80 damage laser alphas at midrange on heavy mechs.

and the fact the machine gun pirahna is still outright better.

Edited by Khobai, 17 March 2018 - 11:18 AM.

#7 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

I did suggest this back then when the piranha came out, I suggested this to help bump up the weapons and make them more healthy to use, rather than accidently firing and shutting down your mech indefinitely.

So yeah I'm all on board of bump the GH limit to 10.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 17 March 2018 - 11:55 AM.

#8 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

its actually more about being able to load up 10 ERSPL's.. It is so hard to time with out a macro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users