• 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

Sup guys. Momolillo here.

Im gonna be out of home for 6 months and brought my laptop with me:
Asus F550Z
AMD Quad Core FX-7600P
8GB DDR3
AMD Dual graphics R7 GPU + R5 230M

Thing is, according to game specs, my laptop should be more than able to run the game in, at least, all low all of settings. Yet, in testing grounds can't even get a stable +20fps to run. Heavy lags and super low framerates.

Edit: Today I tried one QP and got an average 6fps while standing. 2-4fps while moving or shooting.

Running Win10.
Radeon Software version 18.2.1

Hope there's somebody who can help me find the proper drivers/settings to make my laptop run MWO on at least potato low specs.

Thanks in advance,
Momolillo o7

Edited by Momolillo, 18 March 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

First things first, are your power settings set to "high performance" in windows. If you have it set to power saving you'll get nowhere.

2nd, is it clean, laptops can easily get clogged up with little barely any dust and you'll thermal throttle.

3rd, is EVERYTHING set to lowest quality in MWO, there was a minimum specs .cfg kicking around somewhere that goes beyond the menu options. Found it: https://mwomercs.com...ntegrated-gpus/

4th, let us know how you got on.

#3 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lowering resolution also helps fps a lot. I had MWO running at 720p all low settings on my old laptop and it got me to a stable 40-ish fps (gtx 760m i7 4k).

#4 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

Since MWO is slower paced than a lot of other games, it's playable at 20 fps. You may not like playing at 20 fps, but it can be done without too much of a hit to your personal effectiveness. Once you start dipping lower than that, though, yeah, issues.

First time I tried to play MWO was on a then 5 year old, budget gaming laptop. I didn't so much get low frames per second as much as I got low frames per minute. Even after I tinkered with settings the fps were so low that even in the testing grounds movement was jerky.

#5 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostMomolillo, on 18 March 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

Sup guys. Momolillo here.

Im gonna be out of home for 6 months and brought my laptop with me:
Asus F550Z
AMD Quad Core FX-7600P
8GB DDR3
AMD Dual graphics R7 GPU + R5 230M

Thing is, according to game specs, my laptop should be more than able to run the game in, at least, all low all of settings. Yet, in testing grounds can't even get a stable +20fps to run. Heavy lags and super low framerates.

Edit: Today I tried one QP and got an average 6fps while standing. 2-4fps while moving or shooting.

Running Win10.
Radeon Software version 18.2.1

Hope there's somebody who can help me find the proper drivers/settings to make my laptop run MWO on at least potato low specs.

Thanks in advance,
Momolillo o7
Sounds like windows eats too much of "scarce" laptop resources.
remove tiles, remove windows store, remove all this spyware"assistance" crap. (there are resources on inet which provide info or even examples of .bat files). You will get at least 10 extra fps easily. Since you have 8 gig super-fetch is also a permanent pain (using releasing memory triggers superfetch with corresponding disk usage), so stop /disable it as well, proper quiet antivirus is a must.
Since fall creator update the windows became very sensitive to the types of your drivers. Check if you can update chip-set and video drivers for your laptop..
i use for playing mwo my second laptop with Intel HD520 and core3. DDR4 though. Before that nonsense "processor" patching I had 24-35fps on1280x720 with low everything beside details.
Now I have 16-30fps.

Edited by sub2000, 19 March 2018 - 12:23 PM.

#6 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

Let's break down what you actually have in specs.

CPU: The FX-7600P is a 2014 Bulldozer based CPU. Two CPU modules, four "integer cores." So right off the bat we have the fact that we aren't dealing with a true quad core.

So you have a dual core CPU and a weird integrated GPU setup. What I'd like to know is which iGPU the game is actually using. The fps you report makes it sound like the game is using the R5 230M and not the CPU's R7.

Can you actually choose which is in use? How exactly does this "dual graphics" work?

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 19 March 2018 - 06:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users