Let's Talk Solaris; A Deeper Analysis Of The Possible Mechanics Solaris Will Bring

22 replies to this topic

#21 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 March 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Does that mean a PNT-9R only fights other PNT-9R or that the 9R can be ranked with any other chassis like the BLR-1G and play with any other mech of that rank?

It means that each mech variant will be divided into a Division. Only mechs inside the same Division can fight each other.

I highly doubt we will get extreme tonnage imbalances like lights versus assaults, but don't be too surprised if you see a mix of Meds+lights, Meds+Heavies, and/or Heavies+Assaults.

#22 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

OP, good job and thanks for the effort.

I won't be playing Solaris. They aren't nearly done nerfing and I'll predict that after the first month, the next patch will seriously nerf anything or any mech that is causing complaints.... The last thing they need is tweets from the comp/elite players they listen to complaining..... And, I bet a dollar to a doughnut, there are going to a slew of complaints in the first 30 days !

Re-branding, if PGI actually used the word, and I haven't seen anything formal saying so, means that their strategic intent is Solaris and by saying that, MW5 comes next in intent and then, the slow ramp down of MWO as we know it. There is no room for two major missions because they don't have the staff it seems or the money. If they did, we'd see a "plan B" clearly outlined.

Again, OP, a good intro and I wish the best for you Solaris pilots ! Good Hunting !

#23 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

I bet a dollar to a doughnut, there are going to a slew of complaints in the first 30 days !

Of course there will be because you know. . . people Posted Image They give away free stuff to play the same game players have been playing and players have a slew of complaints.

Although I'm still very new here I'm a touch nervous about Solaris 7 as well. Were they have talked about the workings they have been extremely vague for a company that does not have a fully operational product and is releasing a whole new section. It looks pretty, sounds cool and I'm sure 1v1 and 2v2 are going to make for quick wait times so people will play it. However I have a sinking feeling it will be a hastily made poorly tested Beta of what is promised. I'm new, though so probably . . . hopefully I'm wrong Posted Image

I kinda liked the Solaris off shoot.

Edited by Popcat, 19 March 2018 - 08:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users