Is Er Ppc Quirks

19 replies to this topic

#1 PoohPuss

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

Which 4 mechs' got the best IS PPC (ER PPC) quirks, ranked 1 through 4?

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Awesome - mad quirks.
BJ-3 also decent (but, hot).

Not sure of the others, I don't use IS ERPPC cause they are still too anemic for the heat Posted Image

Edited by justcallme A S H, 23 March 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#3 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

The Warhammer 6R has -10% heat and 20% velocity.

IIRC some awesomes and the Catapult K2 might have better, but they're less well rounded.

#4 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

Also Firebrand.

#5 DeadEye COTP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

Thunderbolt 9S isn't bad either, and high mounts.

15% Cooldown
10% Heat
10% Velocity

BJ-3 I find better with heavy PPC's as the heat gen is very similar and poptarting with it is amazing. Also because it just has generic energy/ppc quirks and not specific to ER PPC.

#6 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

It is sad that the marauder is not among the mechs you named.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Vindicators have decent quirks.

They're still garbage though

#8 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

Cicada CDA-3C

#9 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 March 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Vindicators have decent quirks.

They're still garbage though

They all suffer from low slung arms. And the right arm weapons are lower than the left. Which is really unfortunate because the 1AA has the highest reduction in heat for any PPCs, but can't mount two in the left arm, only in the right.

#10 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

If you plan to have any ppc be your main weapon the number one quirk you need is energy heat reduction. All ppcs have massive heat. Range quirks are negligible since you might be going at any speed.

Any of the panthers have a 10-15% energy heat reduction. Panthers depending on the variant have 20-40% velocity quirks which helps hit moving targets. The cicada 3 something has great ppc quirks but only 4 mgs slots.

The osr-Skehmet makes a great lppc harasser as does any locust going 160 or faster so you can usually keep at 91m minimal and still do damage.

K2 cat has 20% velocity but I find it to be much better with acs.

If you dont find a mech with 10-15% energy reduction go for velocity and cool down in that order. Velocity makes the ppc bolt or whatever move that much faster giving you better chance of hitting things. If your aim stinks you'll most likely switch to lasers. cool down in theory will let you fire more.

For a dedicated ppc sniper you want all four nodes in sensor tree for adv zoom. You dont want to be that "blind sniper" 500-900m away blasting a ppc and hitting everything but an enemy mech. Dump 55 points into fire power for all the heat gen nodes and youll get cool down and range nodes along the way. With ppcs the less heat per shot the better. Dump the remaining points into mech ops for cool run and maybe if you got any thing left get cool shots in aux tree.

Heres one of the panthers: PNT-10K erppc specilaist

And the Cicada with a bit more cooling:
CDA-3Cerppcfocusv1

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Panthers have +40% velocity.

#12 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 23 March 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

It is sad that the marauder is not among the mechs you named.

Been saying this ever since the Warhammer came out and was given nearly global PPC quirks for being an iconic PPC 'Mech while only the MAD-3R got them...despite also being an iconic PPC 'Mech.

#13 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 March 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Been saying this ever since the Warhammer came out and was given nearly global PPC quirks for being an iconic PPC 'Mech while only the MAD-3R got them...despite also being an iconic PPC 'Mech.

If they made the Marauder have a quirk that removes min distance on all PPCs. I bet we'd see more PPC builds on it. lol

#14 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 March 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

The Marauders are quirked like they are way stronger weapons platforms than they actually are on the field.

#15 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 23 March 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

The Marauders are quirked like they are way stronger weapons platforms than they actually are on the field.

Yup. All they have going for them, really, is a good frontal profile for spreading damage. The only Marauder quirked to being properly powerful is the Bounty Hunter II, which is hilarious because that one even has better weapon hardpoints than the rest.

I mean, FFS, they've even removed the ballistic quirks the 3R used to have!

#16 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

I never run the ERPPC, even on my IS mechs that have quirks for them. The heat increase isn't worth the range increase. If they upped velocity much more I'd be on board with IS ERPPCs because I feel like that would make them worthwhile over the other kinds of PPCs you can get.

#17 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostIllCaesar, on 23 March 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

I never run the ERPPC, even on my IS mechs that have quirks for them. The heat increase isn't worth the range increase. If they upped velocity much more I'd be on board with IS ERPPCs because I feel like that would make them worthwhile over the other kinds of PPCs you can get.

the velocity on IS ERPPCs is already really good, not far behind gauss. it practically feels like hitscan on something like the cicada 3C with its 30% velocity quirk.

#18 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

View Postcougurt, on 23 March 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

the velocity on IS ERPPCs is already really good, not far behind gauss. it practically feels like hitscan on something like the cicada 3C with its 30% velocity quirk.

Admittedly I'm not a crack shot but I've found the velocity to not match well with its range increase. I can usually hit the target it always feels a bit sluggish and rarely hits the component that I wanted to strike.

#19 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

You can easily slap on 12% velocity from the skill tree and a Mk1 Targeting Computer to help with that.

I actually use a Black Widow with Heavy PPC. With the skill tree and the improved velocity, not to mention that extra range BW gets, I can hit people for good damage at range.

Edited by Snowbluff, 23 March 2018 - 07:15 PM.

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:58 PM

Rifleman-5D has good quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users