6 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

I don't own the Sun Spider package. I did get the free Vanguard however.

In the past pods that were not yet released for c-bills were locked from lesser tier packages. A basic package would thus not yet have access to the add on pods.

Is it programing mistake that Vanguard owners have access to the basic package pods or was this a concession to code limitations to allow gifting a hero?

If everyone can get the standard pods it is slight to those who bought the Sun Spider for real money.

Edited by Spheroid, 21 March 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#2 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

https://mwomercs.com...ble-at-release/

#3 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

I saw a thread claiming they would be available for C-bills. If that wasn't by design, too bad, I already bought them PGI!

#4 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 21 March 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

I don't own the Sun Spider package. I did get the free Vanguard however.

In the past pods that were not yet released for c-bills were locked from lesser tier packages. A basic package would thus not yet have access to the add on pods.

Is it programing mistake that Vanguard owners have access to the basic package pods or was this a concession to code limitations to allow gifting a hero?

If everyone can get the standard pods it is slight to those who bought the Sun Spider for real money.

It is indeed odd, but on par with the other omni-heroes. Just odd, as most your paying clientele do it so they can have access before it's available to the mass. Semi-counter intuitive.
But the forum rats are happy so that's good I suppose.

#5 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:54 AM

Given the coding, they'd have no way to prevent Vanguards from having access to standard pods.

It would be nice if they gave everyone who bought a SS pack a free Vanguard back in return, though.

#6 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:03 AM

It's pretty simple, if you like the Vanguard and want more Sun Spiders... buy a pack. Last time i checked three mechs are better than one, so i don't know why people who bought a standard pack would complain since they also get premium time and cockpit items (plus pre-order items if pre-ordered)... while Vanguard owners only get the Vanguard.

Oh noes Vanguard owners have access to my standard pack pods when the stock Vanguard pods are good enough as is, better complain or get some kind of compensation!

#7 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

PGI can't code OmniPods properly, so this is what we have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users