Anyone Else Ever Get A Very High Amount Of Team Damage Yet You Have No Idea From Where And How?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Pheonix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

Anyone else ever get a very high amount of team damage yet you have no idea from where and how?

I just racked up over 200 team damage a recent match. I wasnt targeting my teamates. I didnt get a team kill. I wasnt really even near teamates. It was a real shock

This has happen to me before (random unaccounted for excessive team damage) but it is very very rare.

What could cause this excessive amount of unaccounted for team damage? Errant arty strike maybe?

I was running a small pulse cheetah getting in close to enemies.

Edited by Blue Pheonix, 21 March 2018 - 04:54 PM.

#2 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

U lrm?

Or strikes.

#3 Blue Pheonix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 21 March 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

U lrm?

Or strikes.

Small pulse cheetah at the time

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

Arty/airstrike is the usual source of massive team damage numbers.

The solution is to be more mindful of where you place your strikes, and to tell your teammates where you're placing them. If they wander into the blast area after being warned, that's on them... but nearly all team damage is preventable. It is better to miss an opportunity than to frag a friendly.

#5 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

View PostBlue Pheonix, on 21 March 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Small pulse cheetah at the time

Weird

PS: is this a time travelling thread? Is this a year ago when cspl ach is a thing? :P

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 21 March 2018 - 04:58 PM.

#6 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

It might come back now that cSPLas has better heat.

#7 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

I got a kill assist yesterday and had not fired a weapon.. i did not run into anything, I had not even seen the enemies and it was at the start of a match the first enemy mech to die, on river city..

Even today i have no idea how i got that assist..

#8 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

View PostBlue Pheonix, on 21 March 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Anyone else ever get a very high amount of team damage yet you have no idea from where and how?

I just racked up over 200 team damage a recent match. I wasnt targeting my teamates. I didnt get a team kill. I wasnt really even near teamates. It was a real shock

This has happen to me before (random unaccounted for excessive team damage) but it is very very rare.

What could cause this excessive amount of unaccounted for team damage? Errant arty strike maybe?

I was running a small pulse cheetah getting in close to enemies.

Sometimes a friendly will line up perfectly between you and an enemy, so it seems the friendly actually has a red box around it, and it gets shot..

Air/Arty strikes do massive amounts of team damage.

LRMs will often do team damage too because of lock loss upon target's death and the guy who was face hugging it stepping into it's spot.

if you're in a SPL cheetah and not using AOE consumables, yeah, you should not be doing much team damage. But then again, hitreg is awful in this game, so I wouldn't put it past bad hitreg..

Also, team damage happens often at beginning of match when people cheese off with their weapons and hit friendlies..

As far as kill assists go, I've seen people get 8 kill assists and have 0 (as in nill, nada, zip, niente) damage.. Go figure..

#9 BreakinStuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:34 AM

This usually only happens to me when I run MRMs and people run in front of the missile shotgun

#10 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:46 AM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 21 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

It might come back now that cSPLas has better heat.

Keep on dreamin, ice fridge with 6spl still sucks and i doubt that the cheeta will fair any better.

#11 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:16 AM

I do.

Part of it is due to very occasional strike damage, the other is because of the MadCatIIC's insanely wide arms.

#12 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:29 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 21 March 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

U lrm?

Or strikes.

I never rack up more than 10 team damage with lrms and I play them a lot. 200 team damage with lrms is insane, no idea how anyone could do that with them. I think I have accidentally killed someone with them once in more than 4 years of playing. Strikes however could definitely be a culprit if the OP was using them.

I have gotten the disco/teamkill timer a few times while never disconnecting and never killing a teammate and again doing under 10 damage to friendlies. I never use strikes of any kind by the way. I tend to play lrms a lot as I said, so my consumables are always UAV/coolshots.

#13 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:10 AM

thats by me one Day in all the years after a big Patch...most -1 to -12 Damage to mates this day im have in 4 Matchs up to 350 Dmg and no kills from Mates ...ok one Artistrike and 2 Lights from the Own run in it...overlived it of the other side ...thinking thats is a very rare Bug thats temporär with Hitreg or Calculation after big Patches

#14 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:29 AM

Huge team damage is almost always Air-/Artillerystrike. Red smoke has quite similar effect to some mechwarriors that laser pointer has to a cat it seems.

Another possible source might be critical ammo explosion to friendly mech.

As for the 0 damage assists, I think scouting / spotting gives assists too, but haven't checked it from anywhere.

Edited by xRatas, 22 March 2018 - 03:30 AM.

#15 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:53 AM

Maybe a glancing hit on a friendly with open internals igniting his ammo....BOOOOM

Happend to me a couple of times....didn't even realize a friendly was in extreme weapons range but you don't need a big ammount of dmg to score a crit that sets of a couple of LRMs or srms in someones torso or leggs.

#16 Knuckles OTool

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:56 AM

View PostxRatas, on 22 March 2018 - 03:29 AM, said:

Red smoke has quite similar effect to some mechwarriors that laser pointer has to a cat it seems.

Hahaha Gold!

#17 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:02 AM

Be careful running into your teammates. It's one thing at the beginning of a match when legs have armor, but later on you can kick a teammates cored leg and create an ammo explosion that takes out his whole mech :D

#18 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:26 AM

You probably lopped some friendly assaults weak torso and healthy arm off with a strike. Damage counts existing arm health too when you destroy its side torso. It wouldn't be unusual to get an extra 100 team damage from something like an Atlas' arm.

Edited by Jman5, 22 March 2018 - 06:27 AM.

#19 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:16 AM

View PostSiegegun, on 22 March 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

I never rack up more than 10 team damage with lrms and I play them a lot. 200 team damage with lrms is insane, no idea how anyone could do that with them.

I've had an enemy locked on me raining down large groups of LRM's and being a brawler you can often run right in front of an enemy assault and use them as your shield.. You can even set them up to TK's.. Its so great! Faster brawler type mechs work best for this.. But often when you do it the enemy guy starts getting rained on and is more worry about the missiles he is getting drilled with than you.

A few vollies from a LRM60 boat could rack up lots of damage really quickly with this tactic

#20 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostCJ Daxion, on 22 March 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

I've had an enemy locked on me raining down large groups of LRM's and being a brawler you can often run right in front of an enemy assault and use them as your shield.. You can even set them up to TK's.. Its so great! Faster brawler type mechs work best for this.. But often when you do it the enemy guy starts getting rained on and is more worry about the missiles he is getting drilled with than you.

A few vollies from a LRM60 boat could rack up lots of damage really quickly with this tactic

I am usually within 500 meters or less when I lrm, and I actually prefer 200-300m. I usually can see my enemies or they are just behind a ridge out of sight but with no friendlies that close. I will fire at target further and up to even max range, but my build is built for spam, I have the ammo to spare and I do not really expect to hit much from that distance. It is more of a throw it against the wall to see if it sticks kind of thing. The one time I did kill a friendly I will admit it was from like 800m away behind a huge ridge and I didn't even see him. It was also early in my rocketeer career.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users