Medium For Returning Player?

8 replies to this topic

#1 DreXav

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

Hey lads,

Coming back to MWO after two years of break or so, been wondering whats the meta for medium mechs nowdays? I used to enjoy laster-vomit builds back in the day, not sure how viable it is now. Got Cicadas, BJs and the odd wolverine left.

Any good recommendations and tips?

#2 Bersigil

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

https://mwo.smurfy-n...4e41e7dd177c1b7
I don't think it gets any better than this ;)

#3 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

The Huntsman HMN-P is on sale right now; it's a clan omnimech so you're stuck with the engine but you can replace its omnipods to give you different hardpoint allocations. Another clan mech that's on sale is the Hunchback IIC-A. It's a standard battlemech with 8 energy hardpoints, so it fits your laser vomit criteria.

For the inner sphere the Bushwacker BSW-P1 is on sale and it's a solid and durable missile boat. The Griffin GRF-2N is also a good mech that's on sale.

#4 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:29 AM

The Bushwacker is my favorite medium mech, you can do something pretty good with any of them. It runs ballistic and missile builds very well.

The Hunchback IIC-A is also a popular choice, its a bit of a glass cannon but it packs a punch.

Assassins are basically overgrown light mechs with a lot more firepower, they're great. The ASN-21 and ASN-23 are by far the best of them.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 22 March 2018 - 06:30 AM.

#5 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:21 AM

If you like laser vomit, the Hunchback IIC-A is the way to go.

On the IS side I'd go with a Crab.

Hunchback if you want a midrange glass cannon with a lot of firepower. Crab if you want something durable that can mix it up at shorter ranges.

If you liked the Cicada the Assassin has pretty much taken it's role of fast medium that plays like a light. Although Cicadas are fun, the Assassin does it better with better hit boxes, jump jets, and SRM firepower for big alphas once you get close. The 21 and 23 are ******** as the best varients.

#6 DreXav

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the suggestions :) giving HBK-2c-A a go, though I find it a bit squishy so far. Quite fast 93km, tho!
I heard there is some medium that is almost as armored as some heavies, what one would that be?

#7 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

The bushwacker is probably the one they're talking about, it has armor comparable to a heavy mech.

#8 DreXav

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 22 March 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

The bushwacker is probably the one they're talking about, it has armor comparable to a heavy mech.

Must be! I see it was recommended here too. Maybe will give it a spin too.

Edited by DreXav, 22 March 2018 - 03:59 PM.

#9 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

Everything on sale right now is considered fairly good. The Bushwacker and Huntsman seem to be the most popular of those there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users