Need More Terrain...

1 reply to this topic

#1 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

As nice as it would be to see more mechs (and yes, I know, PGI makes money on the mechs, not the maps or modes), I'd be more interested in seeing more terrain / better maps and, more specifically, better implementations of the terrain.

It would be great if water slowed mechs down a little bit in addition to cooling them faster. It would be great if there was water that could completely cover mechs and be able to be seen through (though with limited range). Maybe a torpedo weapon system for underwater engagements.

More varied space / lunar terrain.

A map along the lines of the Ishiyama arena on Solaris VII.

Ice/snow that reduces the benefit of hard break / kinetic burst (i.e. harder to speed up and slow down) and maybe some slide mechanic where quick turns won't be as quick.

A river system that actually pushes mechs around with the current, maybe giant waterfalls or a massive plateau reminiscent of Mount Roraima.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

As nice of ideas as most of these are, either impractical (unless it's a really strong water current) and probably a tad bit of game engine limitations and lag.

I can just see it now, taking a turn on an icy map (that now everyone hates because "it's been nerfed"), performing the turn quickly and sharply on my computer, only to teleport and find my face back into a building a few times because the ice effect kicks in on the server and my position gets updated by the server a few seconds later... (I already can sometimes jump over something and then fall three or four times and then find myself no where near where I should be... though it is rather rare...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users