Alternate Bitching Betty For Clan Mechs?

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like an alternate Bitching Betty voice for clan mechs (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like an alternate Bitching Betty voice for clan mechs

1. Yes, on Clan Mechs only (18 votes [27.69%])

Percentage of vote: 27.69%

2. Yes, but make it a customizable item, like cockpit items, and able to be changed on Inner Sphere mechs as well (42 votes [64.62%])

Percentage of vote: 64.62%

3. No, I think it's unnecessary/too much for PGI right now (5 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SageOfBattle

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

As the title and the poll asks. After playing Titanfall for a bit, I've been wondering if it'd be something people want if we could change out our Mech Voice Alert system for another voice.

Edited by SageOfBattle, 10 November 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#2 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

Customize. I feel the MW3 was best Bitc%(n Betty.

#3 WARMACHINE760

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

you looking for Bitching Bob? What about Bitching Bertha?

#4 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

I dislike the current voice. More importantly, I think, is that we rely on a voice description of EVERYTHING that happens. It doesn't feel like I'm really piloting a 'Mech.

Back in the days of MW2/3 there were different alarms for:
-missile lock
-incoming missiles
-critical hits
-ammunition explosion
-debris
-low jump jet fuel
-probably some others I'm forgetting! : P

By the time the voice says "Jump jet fuel at 25%", I'm already back on the ground! The alarms made it feel authentic and cool, very combat-like, and not so sterile (also it transcended language barriers, and there's a lot of players who don't speak English).

#5 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

I agree with Raziberry. The Voice is more annoying when it basically narrates the problem that have already occurred. Personally, I like universal beeping and alarm sounds because its faster and louder. I can't hear a soft voice over the sound of my ringing cockpit that just got hit with an Ac20.
The MW4 incoming missile sounds were faster and more helpful in my honest opinion.

I don't care for Phone sex Bitching betty.

Edited by Timuroslav, 03 December 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#6 Saiphas Cain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

Since warnings are localized a customization option would be best unless they're looking to monetize it. The problem with that is we'll never get anything like R. Lee Ermy cockpit computer voiceovers.

#7 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

Greetings all,

With the Mech's sensors tied to the current voice, we should be hearing quite a few more informational warnings.
- Items like detection of Mech's from forward scouts,
- Alert of new Nav points from the Lance or Company commander,
- Detection of incoming aerospace fighters for air strikes,
~ as at some point they will be/have been stated to be destructible. And a primary role for the Jaeger Mech.

There are still quite a few alerts that have not been used yet that are in the files, possibly waiting for future content to be inserted.

On the Clans having a different voice for there battle computer, they took with them the original Star League units and devices.
- With 300 years to advance and refine that system, I would assume there would be improvements.
- Even some alteration to the commands/warnings spoken, as the Clans use old school Star League military abbreviations for normal conversation and talk. The also do not use any form of word Contractions, (from Lore).
~ I would like to hear this addressed for the Clan version of 'Betty', with more direct military style warnings.

The Clans should not have the nice but annoying voice chatter of the current Betty, But more direct to the point of a Military style.
(example: instead of the warning 'Incoming missiles' changed to 'Missile Warning'. And more curt in it's delivery.)

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 03 December 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#8 Saiphas Cain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

Cripes, anything more curt would be appreciated actually. By the time Betty's done telling me about her problems the match is over half the time. I know what was in that torso, just tell me which one is missing real quick and get back to business. Firefights are no place for polite, soothing conversation from the battle computer. "Left Torso destroyed" is all I need to know I no longer have missile launchers or an ECM module.

"... [color=#252525]and in New Zealand the term used for Boeing aircraft is [/color]Hank the Yank"
- LOL!
- Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia..../Bitching_Betty

#9 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

Anything that PGI can sell they should do.

Heck I would PAY for the ability to stream Radar Love on my mech speakers for all to hear. https://youtu.be/Zf53Pg2AkdY

#10 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

I would rather have them prioritize what she says. For instance, if I lose a side torso with say 1 LL, an SRM+ ammo and a heat sink.... could she just say Side torso X destroyed ( hell I know what I put in it) instead of having her go down the list of every nut and bolt in that ST that was just vaporized. I swear sometimes she goes on talking forever and you just want to smack the crap out of her.

#11 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

I'll support a Clan Computer Voice, as long as they don't sound like Constipated Clancy (a.k.a Angry Clan Man).

#12 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

Heck, I'll volunteer my voice to make the voice packs if they want to send me lines... They may even like my voice!

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 28 February 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Heck, I'll volunteer my voice to make the voice packs if they want to send me lines... They may even like my voice!

Same here I can change my accent and cadence even. Me the voice of MWO that would be a hoot.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 21 March 2018 - 06:06 PM.

#14 BreakinStuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

View PostSaiphas Cain, on 03 December 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Since warnings are localized a customization option would be best unless they're looking to monetize it. The problem with that is we'll never get anything like R. Lee Ermy cockpit computer voiceovers.

Even if the Gunny doesn't do the voice overs, finding Prior-service Marines willing to bark out invective over comms isn't THAT hard. Me and my roomie can do passable Drill Instructor voices.

It's just that R. Lee Ermy's voice is iconic.

But having a voice iconic to each faction would be good. I could see R.Lee as a good candidate for Davion-faction pilots.

"YOU ARE A GODDAMN DISGRACE TO THE DAVION HEAVY GUARD! HOW THE **** DID YOU GRADUATE NAIS???"

Edited by BreakinStuff, 21 March 2018 - 11:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users