Guide

6 replies to this topic

#1 NeoLux

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

If you are starting to play now, choose IS mechs! They are extremely powerful and fun to play. They are tanky as ****, that is more armor (structure), better new weapons (try stuff like the mrms and heavy gauss for extreme dmg potential at very low heat). Put in light engines, they are awesome. The quirks are insane and the skill tree actually does indeed give you much higher bonuses compared to clan. Not sure why that is but it is confirmed, feel free to check yourselves if you don't believe it.
When on the battle field, although torso twisting is a good tactic to absorbs damage, if you see a clan mech, feel free to just walk into it and fire... it will pop before it ever gets through your armor. They have less structure, wider spread weapon systems, longer cooldowns, higher chance to receive a crit etc etc etc... if your aim is true, they have no chance to pose even the slightest problem.
This might change in the future as PGI aims at balancing, but as for now, IS rules... no contest whatsoever... pick a good IS mech, make a good build... play with a cool head... and if you are facing clan... you'll be ripping mechs apart godlike ;)
There is more to it of course, like consumables (arty strikes, coolshots etc), number of same weapons types that can be fired simultaneously with no penalty (IS better at that as well), lvl of custom-ability (IS very high on that with armor types, engine types, structure types etc), anyway check other topics on mech building, fighting, etc... as the tip I leave you here, if you have C-bills and you are looking to buy a mech... buy IS!!!
It will make your life a lot easier as a beginner. HF ;)

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Damage isn't everything.

MRMs are a sandblaster and overall, ineffective for FP.
H.Gauss is good but VERY situational, and not for use by sub-average players IMO as the mechs that run them are slow, get outta position, you are dead weight.

#3 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 March 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

Damage isn't everything.

MRMs are a sandblaster and overall, ineffective for FP.
H.Gauss is good but VERY situational, and not for use by sub-average players IMO as the mechs that run them are slow, get outta position, you are dead weight.

I think you misunderstand the situation...

Spoiler

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:44 PM

He so got baited....

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 23 March 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

I think you misunderstand the situation...

Spoiler

Not really.

Both sides are actually relatively even right now. Clan has minor edge in a few situations but overall it's pretty decent on both sides.

People that are sayin Clan has a massive edge in FP right now just dunno what they are talking about.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 23 March 2018 - 03:51 PM.

#6 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:15 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 March 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Not really.

Both sides are actually relatively even right now. Clan has minor edge in a few situations but overall it's pretty decent on both sides.

People that are sayin Clan has a massive edge in FP right now just dunno what they are talking about.

Indeed, balance is much better now than before the TRO-3060 tech update. I do not disagree with your point, I disagree with you taking such an obvious OP seriously Posted Image

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

The irony of this "bait post" is that its practically 100% true.

I remember going with a few friends into group queue where I used an Atlas painted up bright red with the only tactic being walk directly at the enemy, no cover at all, and face hug them, repeatedly firing my MRM and UAC20 alpha at them. We won almost every match in which I did that tactic. Clan mechs just couldn't respond since they'd get maybe one or two alphas on me while I walk up to them that just get torso twisted around, then they'd just be beat to death by EVEN HIGHER ALPHAs that have about half the cooldowns.

Really, my Atlas has over 100 CT STRUCTURE, I can take a full burn and gauss strike from a Deathstrike to an opened up CT and live. Infact I could take a full strike from a Dire Wolf alpha and live directly to my CT structure without spreading it at all. Poor enemy just is forced to lose from overheat if I actually spread damage.

If more IS teams would actually just walk right up to Clan mechs rather than sitting back LRMing, then more IS teams would win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users