Dear Fellow Clanners On Fp Scout

36 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,048 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:37 AM

Stop with the ******** streaks. They're not like IS, they have higher cooldowns that result in lower DPS, and their range advantage is moot at a brawl distance, jesus. Get a standard SRM-A, you can focus a single component, you also don't need missile lock which that ECM griffin won't punish you with it.

/rant

Edited by The6thMessenger, 25 March 2018 - 01:39 AM.

#2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:32 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 25 March 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

Stop with the ******** streaks. They're not like IS, they have higher cooldowns that result in lower DPS, and their range advantage is moot at a brawl distance, jesus. Get a standard SRM-A, you can focus a single component, you also don't need missile lock which that ECM griffin won't punish you with it.

/rant

but that would require actual aiming and stuff, getting close and not staying on the run, etc etc.
just be glad they don't bring ATMs to river city and rubellite etc..

it's event-time. scouting is full of people who don't scout normally, as is invasion (don't wanna use the p-word, but.. you know..)
it'll be over soon. in the meantime, just enjoy the show ;-)

Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 25 March 2018 - 03:34 AM.

#3 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:38 AM

Streaks > LRM.

It is an improvement. Maybe next event we will see C-A-SRM. Posted Image

#4 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

Hey bois, time to bring ATMs to scouting.

#5 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

Oh hey, thanks for reminding me that Scout Mode counts for the event. Time to pull the SHD-2D2 out of mothballs for some more crow swatting.

#6 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:28 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 25 March 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

Hey bois, time to bring ATMs to scouting.

I was actually amazed ATM farming wasn't an omnipresent thing this event. Seems the Clan pugs actually learned from last event, where they got 100% shut down in half their matches by IS AMS. To me, that's fantastic. I wish the IS pugs could learn that fast.

As to the OP... Streaks are for damage farming. Damage farming is what you do during MS events. I wish I could say damage farming for 200 damage (For 100 MS) was something that didn't require farming weapons, but, you know...

Posted Image

Edited by Bombast, 25 March 2018 - 05:28 AM.

#7 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,837 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:37 AM

I'm kinda glad my internet haven't been set up yet, because I would been on a huge salt streak dealing with clan pugs til my friends come online.

But yea most them gonna be bring streaks and lrms, and maybe a few TT builds just because.

Posted Image

#8 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 312 posts
  • Location1.45 meters below sealevel

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:52 AM

I must disagree. Streaks in a turning knifefight works well for me (and the team benefits).

#9 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

Let me see if I get this straight, bring a weapon that misses more than it hits to a knife fight with more armored mechs so you can brawl at 10 feet to be happy while the rest of us dies....... Naw, have fun lad, see you next match after a P1 eats your lunch and the rest of us have to play twice as many matches because you just fon't want to do anything other than brawl...

Some of the best scouting matches I have participated in weren't brawls at all..... They were a series of small, at range engagements at in-direct angles of attack out side of brawling range till the OPFOR lost formation and then, were defeated in kind.... Why fight where the enemy wants to fight? Why fight with weapons the enemy wants? I've seen LRM's actually work. Seen ATMs actually work and the Bushwackers died before they could even shoot.... Isn't that the goal? Now, we have our Stormcrows back and we're a bit faster now................ooooooooh, I feel a long range solution coming....

Never the less, have fun brawling and kill as many as you can for us ! We'll watch you have at it because we have to practice individual play for Solaris: teams are dead.

#10 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostAsym, on 25 March 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

I've seen LRM's actually work.

LRMs work in scouting when the enemy team basically decides they'd rather die and reroll enemies than deal with an enemy that refuses to actually engage and would rather just run away until you come out of cover. I suppose that's technically a victory, but one I wouldn't brage about.

Now, we have our Stormcrows back and we're a bit faster now................ooooooooh, I feel a long range solution coming....

Stormcrows are a trap. I know they're fast, but there's Styrofoam cups that take damage better than Crows. If you want to play the kiting game, just bring an IFR. If you want to auto-win, bring four IFRs.

#11 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,837 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:44 AM

Me and my friends ran into a 4 Laio man unit with 4 Cicada's with all erll and try to kite us in our 2x HBK IIC's, Huntsman, and me a Shadcat with nothing in the mobility tree, after taking arties we chase them throughout Crimson from the island to the saddle picking them off one by one.

Next match me and my friend drop in our ARW's and easily killed the same 4 man, since we could catch up and out damage them with faster firing weapons on a fast platform.

Long range sniping or lurming strats I see only work on large open maps like Polar since you can keep the target in a nice line of sight while keeping a nice distance. And ATM's do work if you have a good frontline to keep opponents from face hugging.

#12 Olliman

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

Oh the eternal joy when you see that shadowcat and two arctic cheetases with random potato loadouts and of course they got 4 bushwackers. As a cherry on top, because you bring the only viable mech 100% chance of being focused down first.

#13 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

Is this advice really needed? Clan has been dominating scouting all weekend.

#14 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

If you absolutely want to use ATM, at least bring a backup weapon to use within < 120m.
E.g. SCR w/3x ATM6 in torso and 2x A-SRM 6 in arms. Or better 3x S-SRM6 in torso and 2x ATM6 in arms.

And no, a single ER-SML is not a viable backup weapon.

Edited by Exilyth, 25 March 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#15 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

I know for most builds the clan SPL is in a bad place, but I have been using a 12xSPL stormcrow the last 2 days. It is brutal against bushwackers that want to get in your face. Shoot legs only. I normally do very poorly scouting, but was winning most matches dropping with pugs even against 4 man teams. Highest match scores I have ever had scouting (many 400+) --- in a previous event I was not good enough to get the free mech where you had to get some number of 250 match scores. Maybe it just suits my playstyle better, but if you are struggling, check it out.

#16 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 25 March 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

Stop with the ******** streaks. They're not like IS, they have higher cooldowns that result in lower DPS, and their range advantage is moot at a brawl distance, jesus.

Why? SCR can do 5xSSRM6, thats 1 point of dps less than 2x6+2x4 on that griffin. Shouldnt be that much of a problem and you farm lots of damage.

#17 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 25 March 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Is this advice really needed? Clan has been dominating scouting all weekend.

well, I'd blame that on the event, and only on it.
so many strange mechs, builds and "tactics" going on (on both sides), it just boggles the mind.

imo the balance in scouting between clan and is is quite fine atm, and it is (and should) usually the players and not the mechs who decide the outcome.
there's no clan domination, there might be a shift in organised people vs puggies from time to time.
outside of events it's quite even imo.

right now, it's just ... strange.. for those of us who do scouting anyway quite often.
that said, still lots of good units/people in scouting, and fighting you lot is always fun ;)

#18 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

The SRM is and always will be the dominate weapon in scouting mode. Why, because it weighs next to nothing and there are a lot of mechs that can pack 4 or more launchers. It works just a little too well.

As for streaks - bring bap or a UAV. Then ECM doesn't matter. Better still bring backup weapons. One trick ponies are not worth using.

#19 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 25 March 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

well, I'd blame that on the event, and only on it.
so many strange mechs, builds and "tactics" going on (on both sides), it just boggles the mind.

imo the balance in scouting between clan and is is quite fine atm, and it is (and should) usually the players and not the mechs who decide the outcome.
there's no clan domination, there might be a shift in organised people vs puggies from time to time.
outside of events it's quite even imo.

right now, it's just ... strange.. for those of us who do scouting anyway quite often.
that said, still lots of good units/people in scouting, and fighting you lot is always fun Posted Image

Yeah scouting balance is pretty decent. Last night the clans were winning most but today the IS is turning the tables. As for regular faction play - not so much. I don't understand why the IS continues to get that weight bonus when it has been obvious for some months that they don't need it. Yes clan teams can still win - it just doesn't happen much any more. Let's face it - the clan advantage in weapons and mechs is gone, it's time to level the weights. If it throws the balance too far out then it can be adjusted.

Edited by Steel Claws, 25 March 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#20 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 25 March 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Why? SCR can do 5xSSRM6, thats 1 point of dps less than 2x6+2x4 on that griffin. Shouldnt be that much of a problem and you farm lots of damage.

That's the point the OP is trying to make.

Farming damage /= getting kills. Not getting kills = Not winning.

When I want to get kills and win matches, I bring SRMs, erSLs in bulk or MPL.
When PGI puts together another brilliantly thought out event that requires only damage, the Streaks come out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users