Can We Not Drop With Blocked Players Please?

42 replies to this topic

#41 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

I played a game once where my team had an LRM atlas. It was river city, we were on airport side. Everyone was moving to push across the rock garden, in a rare game where we don't go citadel. Except the LRM atlas. He lumbered off to upper city, saying over the mic how, "He was going to go where it was safe so he could fire LRMS at the enemy". He was firing from over 1km away. We told him repeatedly to join the push and help us, he kept saying he was going to stay where it was safe, and he'd have the highest damage at the end.

Eventually we beat the enemy without him, and while we were hunting down the last light mech on the enemy team someone TK'd his ***. Please let me block players, I'd love to never have this atlas on my team again. In the end I think he did manage to do 150 damage or so.

#42 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:09 AM

View PostAsym, on 27 March 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

I read that too and I'm not sure it is implemented? If so, "how" it works needs to be kept a secret because if announced, I'm pretty sure there are a few players who would immediately exploit how it works...

This situation is such a shame...in all games no less. the entire videogame community is stuck in toxic behaviors on "both sides" of the computer: micro-transactions and P2W; and, terrible player behaviors because there is litttle or no way to contain them or simply toxic anti-social meriticracy that only reinforces bad behavior???

This game has seen it. This game is smaller because of it. Is there an answer??? For many, stop playing and that hurts us all.

Bah.
I gave the “answer” in my first post. Don’t let TKers ruin the game for you.

I mean I get that chronic TKers are, or were, a big problem in T5 where ******* were supposedly spamming alts, coming in and TKing until they got banned and starting again with a new alt; and so I assume that the new Auto-ban feature is focused/exclusively functioning there, but it would be interesting to know that it is indeed functioning and have some basic awarness of how it functions.

I mean if it is in the greater game enviornment it would be nice to know that an accidental team kill or three in an evening of play isn’t going to get you labeled as a “disruptive” player and then auto-banned. Some of us were talking about it after it was announced, and given our rather reckless style of play, we were legit concerned that one or more of us might suffer an “auto-ban” if we had a particularly bad run. So far so good though, and given the last couple of nights of play I am no longer personally worried (first time since I had eye surgery, I managed to do enough team damage, accidental TKing that I earned a 10 minute timeout), but having some actual notions of how this new system works, etc. would still be nice to know.

#43 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

In-game misconduct may be reported through the player context-menu on the scoreboard screen or by emailing moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence and/or details available. Further information may be found in the PGI Support Articles: https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct

[mod]Due to discussion towards griefing
and other unconstructive topics,
this thread is now closed.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 27 March 2018 - 11:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users