Update: Lucky Charms Faction Play Event Extended

37 replies to this topic

#21 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:35 PM

Wish you were able to extend regular FW for the loyalists, I'm merc so it does not directly affect me.
But thank you PGI for listening to extend event.

#22 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:11 PM

Yeah thank you!

I see absolutely no reason to extend QP either, that was really clear and concisely announced and executed. Sorry for everyone who fell just a few Loot Bags short anyway, but that's just bad luck.

Extending the FP is a very good choice on the other, because although we _could_ have seen it coming from the description almost everyone was caught flat-footed wenn regular FP shut down after 2 days.

You basically saved the FP Lucky charm event by the bell, i do not give too much for the Davion/Steiner and Cat/Snake event (although i try to grab what i can ;-) ). Other thing is shutting down regular FP for 4 days, but you can sort this out after FP returns to normal in 22 hours (Hint: Please do not do it again for "regular events". I see how you want to get Solaris started hitting the ground running, but on the other hand i can understand the general grumpiness about bein barred from the usual game mode).

And the upcoming urbie derby seems to be a nice one, so i'd say you are back on track now ;-)

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

@ Bobby Jubraj, Matt Newman, and the rest of PGI's Event Handlers ---

Thank you for making this decision. I'm extremely glad that you chose to compensate for the mass of complainers and gave them extra time to work with. :D

By the way, if the Monthly Patch is leaving out Faction Contract Bonuses, wasn't it necessary to pop everyone's Current Contracts? Or was that an error that needs fixing, and Bonuses were supposed to still be active? Perhaps being a Loyalist should have some Bonuses of its' own? :o

~D. V. "I hope people won't be nearly as mad now... Also, what's up with Contracts anyway?" Devnull

#24 Initium Thoth

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:22 PM

Thanks.

#25 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

I feel like such a dirty... merc.
I just played one game of Nova Cat after breaking my Davion contract, got my 10 KMDD and broke that to Steel Vipers,
Im a dirty mech pilot!

#26 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Thanks! I'm was kind of bummed I wouldn't be able to complete Lucky Charms on account of the civil war event, so this is good news. Posted Image

#27 Meppoy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:42 PM

Feel like I have to say a bit more than just "thanks".
I was really frustrated about the situation with the faction play event. It won't be unfair to say that it was quite bad-designed. You shouldn't restrict all the non-participating factions from CW, it' just wrong on the level of pure logic. Like what, everybody stopped to fight and ate popcorn while Davion was punching Stainer? And problems with interface, and interlapped events, one of them blocking another... whole bunch of errors, wasn't it? But the main one was noticed few times above in this topic: you wasn't communicate with the players, literally ignored over a hundred of requests to do something.
I assume that there were reasons to behave like that, and from developer's perspective the right decision wasn't as obvious as we thought from the player's side. But I really hope that next time if something went awry you'd find a moment to say at least something like: "We're currently working on the best way to fix the situation". Maybe it's a bit an overreaction from my side, but I felt like you guys purposefully ignored the main part of the problem when you gave us only an instruction to handle with the event interface and kept quiet for the next days.
Please, don't do it again. I think it's really important to save the contact with community even if you have no facts or decisions to speak about. We're all the fans of the game with a very restricted population and it's always a really bad move to not respond on a problem of current interest.

And once again - thank you. Not for the loot bags themselves - even though it's pleasant to grab some more - but for paying attention.
I really appreciate that.

#28 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:48 AM

thanks.

#29 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:05 AM

View PostNightbird, on 29 March 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

These player friendly events are appreciated! Suggest always mentioning FP events can be done in both Invasion and Scouting in the event descriptions, and guide beginners to scouting.

..that! Posted Image

also worth mentioning that both scouting and invasion are a team-mode and encourage players, ESPECIALLY NEW ONES, to use LFG or better yet group up on a ts-server. the community provides, let's -all- have some fun Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 30 March 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#30 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Finished the Urbie Derby Easter Event and been waiting for the IS FW event to restart.
Website and in game still says ended, I refreshed and restarted pc.
https://mwomercs.com/events/98

Yet the announcement clearly stated "standard IS vs Clan conflict will start back up"
Was that not today about 4 hours ago?
https://mwomercs.com...-event-extended

#31 Agent Cookie

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCookie Heaven

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for extending the event. At first I was confused, because I couldn't participate in the Davion vs Steiner special FP event. Then I remembered that I could cancel my loyalist contract without penalty (many thanks for those changes). So I did, and I farmed all the war horns like a dirty no good greedy mercenary with a mission. Davion, Steiner, Viper, and Nova Cat I was on every side making the enemy pay and farming those sweet, sweet side torsos.

Now back to farming LP as a Loyalist. No big deal to run 10-scouting or 10-FP matches to get back into being a LP-farmer. Ahhhh, yes, that's the stuff. Rank 15 it's so close it's no longer a dream.

Edited by Agent Cookie, 30 March 2018 - 07:37 PM.

#32 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:56 AM

Wow everytime i think i miss out on something and I do accept it . Life happens what can I say ?

And yet you nice PGI folk extend it . Thank you so much for that .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 01 April 2018 - 01:57 AM.

#33 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

i dont understand why the event was extended. ppl complained that it wasn't THEIR faction that was involved while nothing stopped them from changing to one of the faction involved as you had removed the change malus. so ppl who didnt play fp those days these events were going on wasn't at the fault of PGI but of their own doing

#34 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostAldodrem, on 02 April 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

i dont understand why the event was extended. ppl complained that it wasn't THEIR faction that was involved while nothing stopped them from changing to one of the faction involved as you had removed the change malus. so ppl who didnt play fp those days these events were going on wasn't at the fault of PGI but of their own doing

And ppl complained because the change malus was actually not removed, at least not entirely. You have not gone through the trouble of reading the forums, did you.

#35 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 02 April 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

And ppl complained because the change malus was actually not removed, at least not entirely. You have not gone through the trouble of reading the forums, did you.

NOTHING stopped that person from switching like myself and hundreds of others had done since we didn't have to wait 7 days to do so anymore. It was that person choice not to switch so it was that person to blame for their own inaction. So, yeah I'm not going to thumb through 9 pages of people butt hurt that XYZ faction wasn't involved.

#36 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

View PostAldodrem, on 02 April 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

NOTHING stopped that person from switching like myself and hundreds of others had done since we didn't have to wait 7 days to do so anymore. It was that person choice not to switch so it was that person to blame for their own inaction. So, yeah I'm not going to thumb through 9 pages of people butt hurt that XYZ faction wasn't involved.

And you missed something else, which MrKvola had to remind ME of... Anyone in a Large Unit was thoroughly screwed if their Leader was failing to handle Faction Contracts for any reason, taking them out of the loop for several days if they didn't already belong to 'House Davion'/'House Steiner'/'Clan Steel Viper'/'Clan Nova Cat'. They would have had to pay out upward of '5 Million (C-Bills)' to '10 Million (C-Bills)' just in Fees for Leaving and Rejoining, which would have wiped out a clear chunk of their Event Earnings. That's just simply not fair to those people, and would cause them to auto-fail the Event for being in a Large Unit, which happens to be a wrongful punishment. Only the Single-Man and Small-Sized Units were able to move agilely during those periods of time. So please try to see over your own nose, just as I had to be reminded to take the time to do, and be happy that PGI did something to make up for the problem. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "PGI had not fully figured out the plan during that part of the Faction-based Event..." Devnull

#37 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:18 AM

Scouting was included?

Guh.

Anyways I'd strongly recommend having load up videos showing how to do scouting and siege. For the people playing FP for the first time, they'd have some idea on what to do.

I found people not knowing what Omega was in Siege or how to shoot it. They were shooting the barrels, the armoured plating etc. Also how to defend it... Shoot the people attacking Omega. Seems obvious but people still didn't get it.

New players to FP should always be welcomed but overall, I can't stand Siege. It never seems fair on the attackers. The other game modes for FP is great with 4 waves, Domination suddenly becomes intense as you have to choose wisely what to re-inforce with.

Anyways thanks for the feebies !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users