Gifting Mc Has Arrived!

36 replies to this topic

#21 easyday

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:38 PM

I'm pretty sure my son will appeciate the fact that from now I'm able to gift him MCs... :D

#22 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

The precious MC ! Posted Image

Good move PGI, some people (specially in groups) may get a fine motivation to play more of this. Fine one for givers to make people get special mechs good items or war-horns.

Now how about a nice dumping of useless/distracting/ugly cockpit trinket option?

Or at least a give away ability.

We know you'll never let us have at least 5 mc for those in exchange, no matter the long and unforgiving hours we spent on those monumental events...

#23 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

View PostInternal Obedience XIII-omega, on 12 April 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Have MC? Will Merc.

Ever wish that one guy was on your team? Now you can hire him/her... with MC.

Of course you could lay out your own terms of agreement Posted Image

In my case ... I would have to pay a unit to accept me ... Posted Image (Just kidding, I'm already in a unit.) Posted Image

#24 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 April 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

GIFTING MC HAS ARRIVED!

You asked for it and we (finally) delivered!

You can now gift MC to players directly from the

Gift Store

under the MC & Premium Time header.

Posted Image

Gifting MC is simple!

Once you've selected the MC package and completed the purchase you'll receive an email with your Gift Code and a separate email containing your receipt. This Gift Code can then be given away or you can redeem it yourself here

If you have any questions in regards to gifting MC, please feel free to send a word to

Support

and we'll make sure to get back to you as soon as we can.

awesome.
Now you pgi can gift some MC to me.

Thanks

#25 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:05 AM

gift store gifting is somewhat ok
but ingame gifting would be monumental

#26 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

View PostHemholtz, on 12 April 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

I'm more worried about people hacking into my account and then gifting the MC to others, as per the Fortnite hacker issues....

Better delete the credit card number...

I never leave my info on my account like that... ya gotta know logins and passwords and stuff. Not CC's cached either...

#27 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:00 AM

View PostBUMMBUMM, on 13 April 2018 - 02:05 AM, said:

gift store gifting is somewhat ok
but ingame gifting would be monumental

It *sounds* great, until there is the inevitable "My account gotz hax en sum1 stole all mah swag!"

Here, as long as someone doesn't have access to your personal finances, they can't really hurt you too much. Customer Service can probably roll back any purchases/sales if the invasion is proven.

Whereas having MC be transferable in-game would be a potential headache since the thief could funnel the funds through umpteen dummy accounts in an attempt to obfuscate their whereabouts. It would be a lot harder to roll back since it opens the potential for players abusing a system, claiming "I wuz Haxd!" and getting refunded X MC when all that MC actually ended up in a friend's account...

#28 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:40 AM

I can see a lot of YouTubers being happy about this... Posted Image

Hey PGI; do you have, or do you have the plans to make, an authenticator?

#29 PT1

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

I would love to have the ability to transfer MC / C Bills / Decals / Weapons / Mechs / Parts to another person.

This may also create an "economy" of barter trades, or even auction, in game.

#30 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

View PostPT1, on 13 April 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

I would love to have the ability to transfer MC / C Bills / Decals / Weapons / Mechs / Parts to another person.

This may also create an "economy" of barter trades, or even auction, in game.

Just remember there is a whole host of issues that MWO has avoided by *not* allowing such things as anyone who had a WoW account in the glory days of gold farming can attest to. Heck I even had my inactive account re-activated by someone (on a free 30-days code) so they could strip my chars and sell everything but their underwear...

Now, you can assume MWO is not big enough a game to have this problem, but it is a very real possibility if not correctly implemented.

#31 Bobby Jubraj

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostKingJ00, on 12 April 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

How does the gifting work around redemption? If i get a code now and the recipient waits until the next sale to redeem, do the get the normal mc value of when code was purchsed? Or will they get the bonus amount at the time of redemption?

In terms of sales that might be running, these will be applied at the time of purchase and not at the time of redemption. This means that:

If an MC Gift Code is purchased before a sale and redeemed during a sale the bonus will not be granted.
If the MC gift is purchased during a sale however the MC is redeemed after the sale ends, the giftee will receive whatever the sale MC was.

View PostKingJ00, on 12 April 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Also, how long do the gift codes last for? Can i buy a stock of codes now to say hand out as prizes for inhouse tournaments and contests throughout the year?

There are no expiration dates on Gift Codes so go ahead and stockpile it up!

View PostIllCaesar, on 12 April 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

For the purpose of the loyalty mechs, who gets the reward when MC is gifted? Is it the person who purcahses or the person who reedems it? I would assume the former but I just want this clarified.

Still no information on any plans for the Annual Rewards Program this year, however this is how it has worked in previous years and will carry through if applicable:
Reward eligibility for content acquired through Gift Code redemption is determined by the original purchase date of the Gift Code.
Rewards are provided to the Giftee, not the Gifter.

#32 KingJoo

• PipPip
  • Go-cho
  • Go-cho
  • 34 posts
  • LocationThe air hurts my face, canada

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostBobby Jubraj, on 13 April 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

In terms of sales that might be running, these will be applied at the time of purchase and not at the time of redemption. This means that:

If an MC Gift Code is purchased before a sale and redeemed during a sale the bonus will not be granted.
If the MC gift is purchased during a sale however the MC is redeemed after the sale ends, the giftee will receive whatever the sale MC was.

There are no expiration dates on Gift Codes so go ahead and stockpile it up!

That is fantastic, thanks!

We had a unit logo design contest that wrapped up in March and when i went to gift the prize I realized MC couldnt be gifted, having to gift steam credit to buy thier own MC imposed a limitation on who could receive MC prizes. Not any more! So thanks again, you make my job easier:)

Edited by KingJ00, 13 April 2018 - 11:07 AM.

#33 Initium Thoth

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

Thank you for this!

#34 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

#35 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 12 April 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

No idea why MWO needed this. But if you are at it, how bout gifting for C-Bills and cockpit items?

Excellent idea! bump!

#36 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 April 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

It *sounds* great, until there is the inevitable "My account gotz hax en sum1 stole all mah swag!"

Here, as long as someone doesn't have access to your personal finances, they can't really hurt you too much. Customer Service can probably roll back any purchases/sales if the invasion is proven.

Whereas having MC be transferable in-game would be a potential headache since the thief could funnel the funds through umpteen dummy accounts in an attempt to obfuscate their whereabouts. It would be a lot harder to roll back since it opens the potential for players abusing a system, claiming "I wuz Haxd!" and getting refunded X MC when all that MC actually ended up in a friend's account...

That is why when this kind of thing gets done, they shut down all of he transfer accts, and treat it like a ban with the possibility of the law getting involved ( after all, embezzelement and theft are "supposed" to be illegal, after all )

#37 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

regarding the annual sales/rewards... for those of us who don't remember, and for those who don't know, when are they again? ( spent the day getting attacked by medtechs, no coffee yet...:*)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users